• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://clickpapers.net/past papers/math-/4024_s07_qp_1.pdf

q.14 last part !!
q.15 last part !!

help would be appreciated with explaination :)
area of shaded region = area of medium circle - area of smallest circle
= 4*pie*x^2 - pie*x^2 = 3(pie)x^2

let perpendicular distance from A to DE be x cm. then perpendicular distance from A to CB is x+4
use proportionality for similar triangles so that 9 : 12 :: x : x+4
3x=36
x=12
x+4 = 16

Reaction score

let perpendicular distance from A to DE be x cm. then perpendicular distance from A to CB is x+4
3x=36
x=12
x+4 = 16

i got q.15 but still struggling to understand q.14 :O

asd

Reaction score

3x=36
x=12
x+4 = 16
Funny how people think PI's spelling as Pie, even I used to think that way. :D

Reaction score

3x=36
x=12
x+4 = 16

OOPS !! i was finding the circumference where we had to find the area :p my bad !! :D

THANK YOU !:)

Reaction score
http://clickpapers.net/past papers/math-/4024_s09_qp_1.pdf

here u go another one :p q.13 ??? i have no idea about these graphs if anyone could guide me plz :)

thanks in advance !!
(a) It is Figure 3. Bcz y-intercept seems to be 2, discriminant (b^2-4ac)<0 which means there are no real roots and the curve does not cut the x-axis. Moreover, the coefficient of x^2 is positive, means it has a minimum point.
(b) It is Figure 2. Equate the equation to 0. You'll get x=-1 and 2. Both these seem to be x-intercepts. The coefficient of x^2 is positive, so the curve has a minimum point.
(c) It is Figure 1. This is quite clear as only in this case, the coefficient of x^2 is negative (-1).....so the curve has a maximum point. The y-intercept is 2.....thus-justified.
Hope it helped:)

Reaction score
co linear points :
Please help me !!! And tell me about all the properties of colinear points !

And also the last two parts of transformation !

Attachments

• 4024_w11_qp_12.pdf
    387.1 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
can anyone plz explain the answers of questions 16(b)19(c)22(d) of june02 4024 paper1?em unable 2 find it online,so can not poat it.........

Reaction score
co linear points :
Please help me !!! And tell me about all the properties of colinear points !

And also the last two parts of transformation !
In transormation first u have to make a line joining corresponding points to find the invariant line...whenu will join thm u will find x= -1 as the invariant line now find the distance of any point of image from invariant line and divide it by the distance of the corresponding point of object to find stretch factor which will be 2

Reaction score
In transormation first u have to make a line joining corresponding points to find the invariant line...whenu will join thm u will find x= -1 as the invariant line now find the distance of any point of image from invariant line and divide it by the distance of the corresponding point of object to find stretch factor which will be 2

But how ? I dont understand ! Joining the points also gives me x=0 and x=-2 ! How do you know that its -1 ?

Reaction score

The b part is connected to part a !! the total time of the journey is 7.5 hours ryt !! for the first part of 5 hrs journey she travelled 150 km ~!! for the next 2.5 hours she will travel at 20 km/ h !! so distance would be = 20*2.5 = 50 km !! so now the average spped for the whole journey would equal = total distance / total time taken

which will be = 200/7.5 = 26.67 km / h !!

i haven't checked the mark scheme or anything + i am not sure i am ryt !! i tried to help !! do tell me whether its the rite answer or not :)