• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
(c) A and B are two points in space which are 10 cm apart.
Describe fully the locus of points in three dimensions that are 3 cm from the line
which starts at A and ends at B.
cylinder with height 10 cm and radius 3 cm

Reaction score
what do i write??? :eek:
er mein hemispheres ka bhe kuch diya hua hai!! :eek:
hmm... yes, forgot that! two hemispheres at the end of the cylinder that have radius of 3 cm each! point A and B sai 3 cm kai distance kai loci to yehi hongay.

Reaction score
Reaction score
AOB = 72 ( q k ye circle 5 equal sectors mein divided hai 360/5)
OAC aur OBC 90 degrees hai q k line OB aur OC are tangent
then ACB = 360 - 90 - 90 - 72 = 108
so reflex ACB = 360 - 108 = 252

ii) Perimeter = 252/360 x 2pieR x 5 (multiplying by 5 q k paanch circles hai)
= 7 pie r
k=7
i was done with part ii. couldn't carry out the first but now i have got it ! thankyou :)

Reaction score
Im looking for any tips and notes on Transformations, something jo saara cover karay, im really weak at it, and need to revise it asap!!

Reaction score
Another question please:D
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Mathematics D (Calculator Version) (4024)/4024_w10_qp_11.pdf question 5 part a. i have shaded the square between the two already shaded ones and it also give one line of symmetery but the mark schemes shades a different one this is mark scheme http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Mathematics D (Calculator Version) (4024)/4024_w10_ms_11.pdf.

I dont think that ur shading gives any line of symmetry, ms wala sahe hai !!
us mein diagonal de raha hai line of symmetry