• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Each interior angle of a regular polygon is p times each exterior angle.
Find an expression, in terms of p, for
(a) an exterior angle,
(b) the number of sides of the polygon

answer plz :)

Reaction score
FD= 3p+k(-4p+2q)

and FE= q-p

so

FD=K x FE

3p+k(-4p+2q) = qk-pk

solve the equation now !!
Same kiya hai ! YOu try it out man !
you both have got the logic correct but are doing it wrong!
for the first three co linear points B C and D, they have given the variable "k" . you cant assign the same variable to a different set of colinear points, ie F E and D. so you have to intriduce a new variable, eg "c"

FD = c FE
(3-4k)p + 2kq = -cp + cq
from comparing variables of q:
c= 2k
now compare variables of p:
3-4k = -(2k)
3=4k-2k
k=3/2!

Reaction score
Each interior angle of a regular polygon is p times each exterior angle.
Find an expression, in terms of p, for
(a) an exterior angle,
(b) the number of sides of the polygon

answer plz :)
x+px= 180 so rearranging it brings x= 180/p+1
360/ (180/p+1) solve it and answer is 2p+2

Reaction score
you both have got the logic correct but are doing it wrong!
for the first three co linear points B C and D, they have given the variable "k" . you cant assign the same variable to a different set of colinear points, ie F E and D. so you have to intriduce a new variable, eg "c"

FD = c FE
(3-4k)p + 2kq = -cp + cq
from comparing variables of q:
c= 2k
now compare variables of p:
3-4k = -(2k)
3=4k-2k
k=3/2!

hamesha ki tarah .. chah gaye sir jee :D I was thinking of putting another variable in .. but thought with two unknowns it won't get solved ..

Reaction score
(y) Good luck to all math victims.... I'm sure u could all use it :)
Advice : Never study maths on the last day;)

Reaction score
x+px= 180 so rearranging it brings x= 180/p+1
360/ (180/p+1) solve it and answer is 2p+2

that question was one of the worst that i have faced .. me and my friend literally filled two pages with that question!

we were using the the n-2*180/n to solve it!

Reaction score
hamesha ki tarah .. chah gaye sir jee :D I was thinking of putting another variable in .. but thought with two unknowns it won't get solved ..
for these types of questions, they dont usually use one variable, two variables are always used.(remember mew and lamda?) anyway, if u have to solve for colinear, you usually have 2 variables. if not, you should add one yourself. :)

Reaction score
for these types of questions, they dont usually use one variable, two variables are always used.(remember mew and lamda?) anyway, if u have to solve for colinear, you usually have 2 variables. if not, you should add one yourself. :)

why are you reminding me of mew and lambda :(( .. and yeah 2 variables it is .. btw how would be we which side to add that new variable on ? or we can add it to either side ?

Reaction score
that question was one of the worst that i have faced .. me and my friend literally filled two pages with that question!

we were using the the n-2*180/n to solve it!
i used the same formula, completed part (a) in three lines, then forgot that we had to find n in terms of p, and then filled the whole page trying to find actual value of n. actually, i first found out n in terms of p, then replaced (2p+2) in 360/n! :D

Reaction score
why are you reminding me of mew and lambda :(( .. and yeah 2 variables it is .. btw how would be we which side to add that new variable on ? or we can add it to either side ?
either side. i would recommend other side from where the variable is so that confusions are not created!

Reaction score
hamesha ki tarah .. chah gaye sir jee I was thinking of putting another variable in .. but thought with two unknowns it won't get solved ..
dude u could use ratio its much shorter ... make a column matrix for both expressions x on top y on bottom and cross multiply... no need for another variable like (3x+4xk
6y) check this way out!

Reaction score
i used the same formula, completed part (a) in three lines, then forgot that we had to find n in terms of p, and then filled the whole page trying to find actual value of n. actually, i first found out n in terms of p, then replaced (2p+2) in 360/n! :D

lol ... mazay ka scene yeh tha .. kay jab hum teacher kay paas lay gaye .. tu wo bhi usi method say start hogaye cuz unhein hamara wohi method dikha tha .. n-2 wala ... haha 2 marks kay question mein 3 pages ki working and still no answer! :D

Reaction score
dude u could use ratio its much shorter ... make a column matrix for both expressions x on top y on bottom and cross multiply... no need for another variable like (3x+4xk
6y) check this way out!

could you give an example ?