• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
dude u could use ratio its much shorter ... make a column matrix for both expressions x on top y on bottom and cross multiply... no need for another variable like (3x+4xk
6y) check this way out!
hmm... don't know this method, so dont really understand it. :D actually, hum logon nai addmaths main jis tarah sai kia hai, i was telling him to do it like that, i always did it like that, so it is much simpler for me (and to other addmaths students, i think) :)

Reaction score
hmm... don't know this method, so dont really understand it. :D actually, hum logon nai addmaths main jis tarah sai kia hai, i was telling him to do it like that, i always did it like that, so it is much simpler for me (and to other addmaths students, i think) :)

yeah.

Reaction score
dude u could use ratio its much shorter ... make a column matrix for both expressions x on top y on bottom and cross multiply... no need for another variable like (3x+4xk
6y) check this way out!
waisay could you give an example anyway? coz we could recheck it by that method or something :)

Reaction score
could you give an example ?
actually i cant type it all here but heres the idea if a b and c are colinear and u have ab 2x+3y and bc as say 5x+3kx+3y make a column matrix for each with x on top y on bottom ... eg. 5x+3kx on top and 3y on bottom. do the same for other vector and cross multiply and tada k ki value comes x and y get cancelled.

Reaction score
you both have got the logic correct but are doing it wrong!
for the first three co linear points B C and D, they have given the variable "k" . you cant assign the same variable to a different set of colinear points, ie F E and D. so you have to intriduce a new variable, eg "c"

FD = c FE
(3-4k)p + 2kq = -cp + cq
from comparing variables of q:
c= 2k
now compare variables of p:
3-4k = -(2k)
3=4k-2k
k=3/2!

Oh there was I lacking ..thanks Ashhab for correcting !!:)

Reaction score
lol ... mazay ka scene yeh tha .. kay jab hum teacher kay paas lay gaye .. tu wo bhi usi method say start hogaye cuz unhein hamara wohi method dikha tha .. n-2 wala ... haha 2 marks kay question mein 3 pages ki working and still no answer! :D
nahin yar us method sai to aram sai answer aa raha hai 3 steps main!

(180(n-2))/n = p*(360/n)
cancel out both denominators and rearrange it:
180n= 360p+360
n=2p+2
each exterior angle = 360/(2p+2) = 180/(p+1)
n=2p + 2 hum nai upper hi nikal lia tha! :p

Reaction score
actually i cant type it all here but heres the idea if a b and c are colinear and u have ab 2x+3y and bc as say 5x+3kx+3y make a column matrix for each with x on top y on bottom ... eg. 5x+3kx on top and 3y on bottom. do the same for other vector and cross multiply and tada k ki value comes x and y get cancelled.
OHk! got it, thnx! (y)

Reaction score
but what if we dont have eg vector BC, but only vecto AB and AC. would that still apply? actually i am testing it, but you could reply for confirmation.

Reaction score
but what if we dont have eg vector BC, but only vecto AB and AC. would that still apply? actually i am testing it, but you could reply for confirmation.
it would always apply for anything colinear or parallel.. its a short way and usually the q is worth one mark.... Glad to see i helped... pray for my result too:)

Reaction score
@ syed1995
s08_qp_1.pdf
18 (b) nothing can be simpler than this! just divide by 10^12 so 1.5 x 10^8/10^12
answer will be 1.5 x 10^-4 or 1.5/10^4

the answer in the marking scheme is 0.15

I know to calculate the mean, the 24 (a)(i) is asking the median.. thats what i didnot know.. :) anyways, ur post helped me a lot in the other questions, so thank u.. ;)