• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
This is exactly what i was looking for ! Thankyou, You have been a great help. Could you help me on question 6 from paper 1 . I need a thorough explanation as to what we are suppose to do

Area of shaded region
= Area of square - Area of circle
= (8 * 8) - ( ("pie")((3)^2)
= 64 - 9"pie"

Reaction score
When u solve it actually u dont leave the pie u solve it :D its pretty much obvious that minato112 had no calculator at his disposal while he was writing :D
could you show me what you mean on writing like type the solution here and show me please :) thanks

Reaction score
The question specified to leave the answer in terms of pie.. Thats Y... :)
Oh okey thanks then, could you check out question 8 from the same past paper, i am getting the upper bound to be 1.4 whereas in the marking scheme it says its : 9.5. Need help in both parts of the question. thanks

Reaction score
Question 23 guys b and c
and please give an explanation as to why that is the answer.

Attachments

• mayjune 2012 math.pdf
    476.1 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
Oh okey thanks then, could you check out question 8 from the same past paper, i am getting the upper bound to be 1.4 whereas in the marking scheme it says its : 9.5. Need help in both parts of the question. thanks

0.9m = 90 cm
Now to the nearest ten centimeters

10 cm/2 = 5 cm

So the upper bound is 90cm + 5 cm = 95 cm = 0.95 cm (Btw u sure the mark scheme says 9.5?)

Reaction score
Question 23 guys b and c
and please give an explanation as to why that is the answer.

(b) The modal class : It is the one having the highest frequency...

Well i didnt draw the graph but i fink this information is enough. Just look the time which have the highest frequency...

(c) U only have to add the frequencies of the times above eight, that is, 7 + 4 + 2 = 13

Reaction score
(b) The modal class : It is the one having the highest frequency...

Well i didnt draw the graph but i fink this information is enough. Just look the time which have the highest frequency...

(c) U only have to add the frequencies of the times above eight, that is, 7 + 4 + 2 = 13
Oh alright i kept on getting 4 because i thought mode and modal are the same thing, they are completely different right i mean mode is when a number keeps occuring, and modal is the highest frequency, am i right?