• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys can someone tell me how you would solve this:
Factorise: 2x^2+3x-20 I can never factorise these kind of questions. I know it is an expansion, if someone has a good link to notes, please send me the link and explain. thanks
do u want me to explain u if u are not getting it???

Reaction score
do u want me to explain u if u are not getting it???
Yes please explain, and thankyou for the link and the solution to that answer, I dont get how someone can just quickly solve a factorising question and i have to sit there understand what im supposed to do :/

Reaction score
Yes please explain, and thankyou for the link and the solution to that answer, I dont get how someone can just quickly solve a factorising question and i have to sit there understand what im supposed to do :/
haven't u studied factorisation of quadratic equations??

Reaction score
welcome zainab.;)

Reaction score
I have looked at ur solution, and i get the second last and last parts, i just dont get how u got 8x and 5x :/
u have to multiply -20 with the coefficient of x which is 2.
u will get -40.

now make factors of 40.
8x5=40 , so 8x-5x as it is -40.

Reaction score
u have to multiply -20 with the coefficient of x which is 2.
u will get -40.

now make factors of 40.
8x5=40 , so 8x-5x as it is -40.
Yeah i understood how to factorise with the help of that website that i mentioned. If u have a link to some factorising questions for olevels that u could send me , then that would be great