• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
the way x² multiplied by x gives x³, the power of same base add when we multiply. so x^a into x^b will give x^(a+b)
sqrt can also be written like this (x^(a+b))^(1/2) so 1/2 multiply with (a+b) gives (a+b)/2 which is power of x.
you must clear ur concepts of exponents to score good marks. this might help: https://www.khanacademy.org/math/arithmetic/exponents-radicals
download the videos is youtube does not open.

Reaction score
the way x² multiplied by x gives x³, the power of same base add when we multiply. so x^a into x^b will give x^(a+b)
sqrt can also be written like this (x^(a+b))^(1/2) so 1/2 multiply with (a+b) gives (a+b)/2 which is power of x.
you must clear ur concepts of exponents to score good marks. this might help: https://www.khanacademy.org/math/arithmetic/exponents-radicals
download the videos is youtube does not open.

But it's not in the format of the answer ??? :O

Reaction score
Hey! Today i heard rumours that "relative velocity" is included in the syllabus of add maths for may/june 2013 session.....and something like changes in the paper pattern!! Can someone please specify regarding this.....as quick as possible!!!!!! please help

Reaction score
Hey! Today i heard rumours that "relative velocity" is included in the syllabus of add maths for may/june 2013 session.....and something like changes in the paper pattern!! Can someone please specify regarding this.....as quick as possible!!!!!! please help

Yes. The last question 12 which was previously a choice question i.e Or and Either one has now been finished and a complete single q has been made. Refer to the specimen paper 2013 on www.cie.org.uk

Reaction score
somebody please solve this question for me, although this shoulv'e been a easy question but i find it so hard :mad:,
pleasssee explaain! especially the one with with trapezium thing,, i never did this type of maths..
im sitting for cambridge o level m/j , this is igcse question

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
not rumor it's true, we are dead -_- why did this change had to happen when im sitting for that session :mad:

Reaction score
Hello guys..

i'm new here and appearing for my olevels this may/june privately.. i have been practising maths p1 and can't seem to solve this particular questions from sets/venn diagrams and also have been unable to find the marking scheme anywhere for the said p1 mj2002.. please guys need help

Attachments

• WTHHHH.PNG
    WTHHHH.PNG
    55.3 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Hello guys..

i'm new here and appearing for my olevels this may/june privately.. i have been practising maths p1 and can't seem to solve this particular questions from sets/venn diagrams and also have been unable to find the marking scheme anywhere for the said p1 mj2002.. please guys need help
the intersected one must be reduced from the individual one, so the common one is given 4 people, so subtract it from both the event : for morning - 26-4 = 22 , for bbq 29-4 = 25 , that is the number of people who went only to morning cruise n evening bbq, this doesn not include the people who went to both, so adding all the people that is the number of people who went to morning one, bbq one, both , or neither, and they must equal to 50 , as it have said 50 ppl went on tour , so ( 22 + 25 + 4 + 1 = 52? wth , where did these two ppl come from? :p so yeah thats why its not possible, to summarize : it must the equal the number of elements according to the given conditions/situation.

and the least one is 4, and greatest 26, although unsure, correct me if i;m wrong..

Reaction score
the intersected one must be reduced from the individual one, so the common one is given 4 people, so subtract it from both the event : for morning - 26-4 = 22 , for bbq 29-4 = 25 , that is the number of people who went only to morning cruise n evening bbq, this doesn not include the people who went to both, so adding all the people that is the number of people who went to morning one, bbq one, both , or neither, and they must equal to 50 , as it have said 50 ppl went on tour , so ( 22 + 25 + 4 + 1 = 52? wth , where did these two ppl come from? :p so yeah thats why its not possible, to summarize : it must the equal the number of elements according to the given conditions/situation.

and the least one is 4, and greatest 26, although unsure, correct me if i;m wrong..

Thanks I got the first part

but I don't seem to understand how you calculated the least and greatest?

and thanks once again :D

Reaction score
somebody please solve this question for me, although this shoulv'e been a easy question but i find it so hard :mad:,
pleasssee explaain! especially the one with with trapezium thing,, i never did this type of maths..
im sitting for cambridge o level m/j , this is igcse question

for part a:

diag1 - total ratio / parts= 4. shaded ratio / part = 1 out of 4. so percentage = (1/4)*100

and so on.

for part b:

diag5 - total angle of a circle: 360, angle of the circle shown: 180, shaded sector: 20 degrees

total area of the semi circle: (Pi*r^2)/2

area of the shaded region: (20/360)*Pi*r^2

then divide and simplify.

on paper this would have been alot more easier lol

PS: if you need help for other parts please mention.

Reaction score
for part a:

diag1 - total ratio / parts= 4. shaded ratio / part = 1 out of 4. so percentage = (1/4)*100

and so on.

for part b:

diag5 - total angle of a circle: 360, angle of the circle shown: 180, shaded sector: 20 degrees

total area of the semi circle: (Pi*r^2)/2

area of the shaded region: (20/360)*Pi*r^2

then divide and simplify.

on paper this would have been alot more easier lol

PS: if you need help for other parts please mention.
Ok wait which chapter is this from? As far as i knw we had to square the given ratios to get the area ratios.or is that jjust for similiar figures :s . And yes the most confusing one is the trapezium one,explain that ,and please mention the chapter's name. :s.. actuallyt xplain the first all diagrams, and the last two of the 2nd diagram
Thanks for the reply btw xd.. i seem to have a hard time dealing with easy maths, like solviing maths related with time :/

Reaction score
Thanks I got the first part

but I don't seem to understand how you calculated the least and greatest?

and thanks once again :D
To be honest im still kinda confused with findin greatest and least number of dsomethin related with sets, so anyway this is how i did, when finding greatest or least we usually ignore the leftout element in this case that 1 person who did not attend any event, so we need to draw 2 diag to find least and greatest. First one just the usual one 2 circle and in. Da overlapping part writte 4, the next diagram should be that subset type of circle. So one big n snall circle. So accordin to da given info we had 26 mornin n 29 bbq , so we put 26 in the small circle it being the subset of the bigger circle, and put the number 3 in the big one, adding up wud make it 29! That is the greatest number of ppl goin to both events,and the least 4.hope u got it.