• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Yup,thanks but the ms stated b) (i) Angle in a semicircle oe thats why i was confused.
ABCD is a sq. that means its diagonals are equal, they will intersect at the centre of circle. this makes AC the diameter. and any angle extended from diameter is right angle.
but mine was also right right?

Reaction score
Yup...how did were u able to figure it out ,I mean of course u used the vector concept ,any other concept?

So you don't know the explanation?

Well, i already had an idea how to solve this question. But i kept thinking it was something related to vectors. I spent like 2 hours thinking about a vector-related way to solve this, and in the end, came back to my original hypothesis, and used similarity to find this ratio. But i didn't give up, and only left the question when i had found a solution. :)

Reaction score
So you don't know the explanation?

Well, i already had an idea how to solve this question. But i kept thinking it was something related to vectors. I spent like 2 hours thinking about a vector-related way to solve this, and in the end, came back to my original hypothesis, and used similarity to find this ratio. But i didn't give up, and only left the question when i had found a solution. :)
I know the solution and explanation.I am asking u whether u arrived at the answer with the same method or not.Jees.yar kabhi explanation ka baghair is tarah ka question naho ho sakta coz it involves a lot of steps using the similarity method to find the answer.
And yeah well done self stated "biggest loser in the world" :p U rock!

Reaction score
I know the solution and explanation.I am asking u whether u arrived at the answer with the same method or not.Jees.yar kabhi explanation ka baghair is tarah ka question naho ho sakta coz it involves a lot of steps using the similarity method to find the answer.
And yeah well done self stated "biggest loser in the world" :p U rock!

Thanks. :p But i should have done it in lesser time. Anyone could have done it in the time i took. .-.

Well, can you upload the picture of that question again.. i'll post my explanation..

Reaction score
tumblr_mw0fdyzYKg1smcg62o1_500.gif
Gotta love samurai jack...

Reaction score
Thanks. :p But i should have done it in lesser time. Anyone could have done it in the time i took. .-.

Well, can you upload the picture of that question again.. i'll post my explanation..
Ruk ja....Maths P2 tyar karo..no anyone cud not have done it in the time u took...Time factor may only eventually help u to piece together the different stages req to find the answer and pave a path but the original ideas are wht u have to think of in the first place

Reaction score
ABCD is a sq. that means its diagonals are equal, they will intersect at the centre of circle. this makes AC the diameter. and any angle extended from diameter is right angle.
another explanation to this is, the fact that angles extended from line AC ( angle ABC, and ADC) are right angles makes AC the diameter of circle. so any other angle from AC will also be a right angle.