• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Mathematics D (Calculator Version) (4024)/4024_w07_qp_1.pdf
Question no 13 part a (cant solve it )
Question no 15 ( i have solved this question but i dnt think my method is right .bcuz it takes too much time..any short method ? )

for q15 i guess you will have to do the whole long process...no other way...
for q13a the volume of the one above is double the volume of the lower cylinder and you know that it took 12 mins to fill the container so..
i am not sure but my guess would be that it took 8 mins to fill the container at the top and 4 minutes to fill the lower cylinder...:D

Reaction score
for q13a the volume of the one above is double the volume of the lower cylinder and you know that it took 12 mins to fill the container so..
i am not sure but my guess would be that it took 8 mins to fill the container at the top and 4 minutes to fill the lower cylinder...:D

did u applied any logic or formula or just simply guessed bcuz ur answer is correct!!!???:)o_O

Reaction score
I havent studied addmaths at all and I have a lot of papers in between. What to do ? I dont even have clear concepts. I failed in my mocks. What sohuld i do???? Please some one tell me help!!!!! I cant do addmaths at all. I don know how to do integration , kinematics, relative veloctiy, vectors, identities or anything :S

Reaction score
Well thanx .and my sir solved this question by taking the volume of both the cylinders !

Reaction score
I havent studied addmaths at all and I have a lot of papers in between. What to do ? I dont even have clear concepts. I failed in my mocks. What sohuld i do???? Please some one tell me help!!!!! I cant do addmaths at all. I don know how to do integration , kinematics, relative veloctiy, vectors, identities or anything :S

:oops: PRAY PRAY AND JUST PRAY!!!!!:D:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Btw can u suggest any tough ,comparatively difficult paper 2 of maths from past 10year papers !

Reaction score
What were you doing for the past year

Reaction score
I was too busy playing games. Never realized my exams are here. Now I have studied NOTHING at ALL. My parents expect me to get straight As. I already have 1 A and 1 B from last year CIE. But this year they want all straight As. I know I can get them, but I am not sure of addmaths. I just dont have enough time. What should I do? I havent studied a single thing in Addmaths. I dont understand anything from the Hoo Soo book.

Reaction score
Btw can u suggest any tough ,comparatively difficult paper 2 of maths from past 10year papers !

umm...honestly..i am an Add maths student so i dont actually practice Maths p2...i only do p1 cuz thats where you cant use calculator...:D

Reaction score
Well thanx .and my sir solved this question by taking the volume of both the cylinders !
umm..yeah i did somewhat the same...i took the volume...it turned out that the upper cylinder had 2x the volume so tada!! :D

Reaction score
I was too busy playing games. Never realized my exams are here. Now I have studied NOTHING at ALL. My parents expect me to get straight As. I already have 1 A and 1 B from last year CIE. But this year they want all straight As. I know I can get them, but I am not sure of addmaths. I just dont have enough time. What should I do? I havent studied a single thing in Addmaths. I dont understand anything from the Hoo Soo book.
You should sit with a teacher or a person who knows maths and understand basic concepts then practice as many p.p possible!

Reaction score

how about you solve some questions from the pps...face a problem...whats this thread for!! :D

asd

Reaction score
Tell me which calculators are allowed in add math paper, cuz i got this calculator that can do integration/differentiation and other stuff...
we were told that calculators that can do "symbolic" integration and differentiation will not be allowed.