• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I have it butused exclamation instead :p
And these are transformation by matrix .thre is a list of all of them . I have just learned them...no specific logic...thts wht i hear frm my teachers !

well to be very honest the same is with me...:D

i have learned these exactly the same way...:p

Reaction score
And these are transformation by matrix .thre is a list of all of them . I have just learned them...no specific logic...thts wht i hear frm my teachers !

The logic is
since the rotation is anticlockwise about the origin then the matrix representing this rotation will be:
[0 -1]
[1 0]

make the x-axis and the y axis in rough and mark two points (1,0) and (0,1) on it then rotate them 90 degrees a.c.w so you will find that (1,0) ------> (0,1) and (0,1)---->(-1,0) and this is the Transformation Matrix.

I just posted this before but here it goes.

Reaction score
The logic is
since the rotation is anticlockwise about the origin then the matrix representing this rotation will be:
[0 -1]
[1 0]

make the x-axis and the y axis in rough and mark two points (1,0) and (0,1) on it then rotate them 90 degrees a.c.w so you will find that (1,0) ------> (0,1) and (0,1)---->(-1,0) and this is the Transformation Matrix.

So does this method work for every transformation matrix ? :p

Reaction score
The logic is
[0 -1]
[1 0]

Btw thnx for the explanation !:)

Reaction score
Reaction score
what if the transformation a translation???

Then the situation is different. For translation usually a translation matrix is given and you ADD the matrix to your coordinates or matrix and their sum tells us the position of the image. The centre is not requires there.

Reaction score
Then the situation is different. For translation usually a translation matrix is given and you ADD the matrix to your coordinates or matrix and their sum tells us the position of the image. The centre is not requires there.

yes thats what i am saying..:D

so for different transformations there are different formulas..:)

Reaction score