• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Ikram Khaliq

haha :D i posted this earlier, The mark scheme is wrong 100% gurranteed, if u use their equation u will get the wrong answer and the funny part is.. the examiner report has a different answer but the one in Examiner report is correct :D 4y + 3x = 2 is the correct equation y − 4 = 3( x − 2) is the wrong one.

Reaction score
help needed in http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Mathematics - Additional (4037)/4037_w11_qp_23.pdf question 6 part 2

I am getting 4 values where as the marking scheme says 2 and the calculation is also taking more space then given so can any one please post a correct solution to the problem.
x can never be negative here!!! you see this is because when we take out of modulus, it will be positive always! multiplying x by 2 must therefore to be +ve, so x must be +ve

Reaction score
Ikram Khaliq

haha :D i posted this earlier, The mark scheme is wrong 100% gurranteed, if u use their equation u will get the wrong answer and the funny part is.. the examiner report has a different answer but the one in Examiner report is correct :D 4y + 3x = 2 is the correct equation y − 4 = 3( x − 2) is the wrong one.
thank you. btw has the e.r. come out yet? :p

Reaction score
x can never be negative here!!! you see this is because when we take out of modulus, it will be positive always! multiplying x by 2 must therefore to be +ve, so x must be +ve
in second part of this question i'm getting only one value because the graph of y=2x cuts that graph drawn in first part only at one place. can you please draw that graph? i don't know if mine is correct or not and the marking scheme doesn't provide enough information for the turning points and x,y intercepts....

Reaction score
in second part of this question i'm getting only one value because the graph of y=2x cuts that graph drawn in first part only at one place. can you please draw that graph? i don't know if mine is correct or not and the marking scheme doesn't provide enough information for the turning points and x,y intercepts....
have u reflected the graph? i mean the part that is below x axis to above x axis? try doing that!

Reaction score
in question#8 of http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Mathematics - Additional (4037)/4037_w11_qp_12.pdf i am getting midpoint (2,-1), gradient of AB=4/3, gradient of CD=-3/4 and the equation is turning out to be 4y+3x=2 but the marking scheme (http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Mathematics - Additional (4037)/4037_w11_ms_12.pdf) says other wise and i am getting 2 answers for both part 2 and 3 which are both included in the marking scheme. So can some one please post a correct solution or tell what am i doing wrong here or is there a miss print some where which i think would hardly be the case.