• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
you have to make all the factors having the power 2.

In this question 2x3x7= 42 should be the answer..Sorry if i am wrong

Yup make all the factors to the power two or such that when u square root they dont give u an answer in fractions or decimals ! ! like it can be 4 to the power 4 !
so if i were to say find the value of n if 168n is a square no,then find first factors of 168 now see what powers they have like if its for eg ! ! 2* 3^2 * 7 then n will be 2 * 7 because we need 2 and 7 to have a power of 2 and not 1 !

Reaction score
Yup make all the factors to the power two or such that when u square root they dont give u an answer in fractions or decimals ! ! like it can be 4 to the power 4 !
so if i were to say find the value of n if 168n is a square no,then find first factors of 168 now see what powers they have like if its for eg ! ! 2* 3^2 * 7 then n will be 2 * 7 because we need 2 and 7 to have a power of 2 and not 1 !
+1..correct

Reaction score
Solve this..
There are five numbers 0,1,2,3,4 find the number of possiblities to make a 5 digit no. And the number 0 should not be the first number.

Reaction score
Solve this..
There are five numbers 0,1,2,3,4 find the number of possiblities to make a 5 digit no. And the number 0 should not be the first number.

numbers can b repeated or not? If they can b repeated so ans will be 4*5*5*5*5=2500

If number cannot b repetaed so ans will be : 4*4*3*2*1=96!

Reaction score
Can anyone please explain whats the difference between P1 and P2 of Add Maths,i mean what comes in one paper and it doesnt show up in the other is there any pattern or anything comes in both papers ??? :p

Reaction score
Can anyone please explain whats the difference between P1 and P2 of Add Maths,i mean what comes in one paper and it doesnt show up in the other is there any pattern or anything comes in both papers ??? :p
There is no fixed pattern and the distribution of questions in both papers is completely random.:p

Reaction score
How??? I don't understand
Ok see... 5 numbers 0,1,2,3,4... we have to make 5 digit number so make 5 boxes... 1st digit has a codition that 0 cannot be the first digit so this means 1st digit has 4 options... now for rest of the 4 digits each have 5 options for each so ans will be 4*5*5*5*5 = 2500

Now if the number is not repeated so 1st digit have 4 options as above... 2nd digit also have 4 options lft as 1 number is already chosen.... den 3rd digit have 3 options... 4th have 2 options.. and den 5h digit have only 1 option left as all numbers are already taken before... so ans will be : 4*4*3*2*1 = 96 :):):)

Reaction score
Ok see... 5 numbers 0,1,2,3,4... we have to make 5 digit number so make 5 boxes... 1st digit has a codition that 0 cannot be the first digit so this means 1st digit has 4 options... now for rest of the 4 digits each have 5 options for each so ans will be 4*5*5*5*5 = 2500

Now if the number is not repeated so 1st digit have 4 options as above... 2nd digit also have 4 options lft as 1 number is already chosen.... den 3rd digit have 3 options... 4th have 2 options.. and den 5h digit have only 1 option left as all numbers are already taken before... so ans will be : 4*4*3*2*1 = 96 :):):)
Thanks

Reaction score
I havent learnt shears and stretches in transformation...does someone know a good vedio or site where I can learn that bit

Reaction score
After the initiative taken by Math_angel in the IGCSE section, I have made this topic for students of O'levels. You can post any question or any problem here and me along with other XPF users will try to help you as soon as possible. This topic is a feasible option as it won't bring a hassle of making new topics for every question and it will also allow the helpers to not miss any of your questions and have one common topic for answering your Mathematics queries.

So start posting your problems. :)
4037/12/m/j/11
question 3 of this paper any ideas......?????

Reaction score
Can someone link me with some good notes for Add maths ?

the topics i am really interested in are Vectors , RV , Calculus , Kinematics , Quadratic Equations and Logarithms..

thanks

EDIT: i have the formula sheet posted above ..

Reaction score
4037/12/m/j/11
question 3 of this paper any ideas......?????
Have you studied the graphs of Sin, Cos, and Tan?? If yes so I m explaining... See as Sin graph always starts from 0 but in this ques itx starting from 2... which means y-intercept is 2 means k=2.... Furthermore you should knw that if its writen 1sinx den sin graph will cross 90 degre at y=1 if its 2sinx den it will cut at y=2... so on... So in this graph we see that it crosses pie/2 (90degree) at 5... and graph is starting from y=2 so m=3 :) and period which is p is 1...
I knw em not gud in explaining but i hope u got it :p

Reaction score
Can someone link me with some good notes for Add maths ?

the topics i am really interested in are Vectors , RV , Calculus , Kinematics , Quadratic Equations and Logarithms..

thanks

EDIT: i have the formula sheet posted above ..

anyone?