• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Don't you think there's too much off-topic here? Please at least regard for others. People might have to go through all of this 'useless' post before posting queries here. Don't be too selfish, chat in off-topic. If you can't refrain then sadly, I'll issue that person a 'warning'.
True!;)

Reaction score
(ii) b)

FC =FE + ED + DC
-EF + ED -CD (Opposite sides)
FC=-q +2p -r

c)
AY = 3/4 2p
AY = 3/2p = 1.5p
=FA + AY
-AF +AY
-r +1.5p
AY =1.5p -r

d)

YX=YB + BC + CX
YB - CB + 1/2CD
YX = 0.5p - q + 0.5r

are the answers correct .. If they are I would like to thank you .. because this will be the first time in my life that I have done a vector question correct :D
Yes they all are correct(y) . i have understood the c part but i don't understand the way you did b and d part.....

Reaction score
Yes they all are correct(y) . i have understood the c part but i don't understand the way you did b and d part.....

its basic principal .. which our maths teacher taught me, i just did it directly that's all.

for FC .. we first take out FD .. then add it to DC to get FC ...

Look at it this way ...
FC =(FE + ED) + DC
FC = FD + DC

Reaction score
there are five numbers so the probability of one number obtained the same three times will be 1/5 x 1/5 x 1/5= 1/125 but since there are five numbers which have the possibility to come so the probability will be 1/125 x 5= 1/25.

we solved that a couple pages back right ? :D

Reaction score
to go more simpler, this could be like this:
at first picking, we could get any one of the five numbers,right? so probability at stage 1 is 5/5 =1
at second stage, we will have to pick only one number out of 5, to keep it the same as before, so probability is 1/5
at the third stage, we can again pick only one number, so probability is again 1/5
multiplying the three, we get 1* 1/5 * 1/5 = 1/25
that is how we did permutations and combinations in addmaths, right syed1995?

Reaction score
to go more simpler, this could be like this:
at first picking, we could get any one of the five numbers,right? so probability at stage 1 is 5/5 =1
at second stage, we will have to pick only one number out of 5, to keep it the same as before, so probability is 1/5
at the third stage, we can again pick only one number, so probability is again 1/5
multiplying the three, we get 1* 1/5 * 1/5 = 1/25
that is how we did permutations and combinations in addmaths, right syed1995?

Yep exactly..!!

YOU CAN CHOOSE ANY OF THE 5 as the first number .. but from there onwards you will have to choose only one so the next two will be 1/5.

/me misses permutation and combination ...

Reaction score
Reaction score
10 (a)
(i)it will be 90-15=75 degrees, coz if u complete the dotted line till u get till SB(mark it as point X), you will se it will be a right angled triangle.
(ii) find SC using cosine formula.
(iii) use sin-1(3oo/SC)
a-i) take the alternate angle of 15 degrees. SBC=90-15= 75
ii) Apply cosine rule.
iii) Find BCS and subtract 15 from it.
Thanks alot! Help appreciated!

Reaction score

extend the line C so the angle it form would be 90name this point "y" and and <c=15 so now apply equation 90+15+x=180

for it(ii) part i have a long method

first find lenght BY by sine ration a/sinA=b/sinB => 250/sin90= bc/sin15

this way you could find BY ..now find CY by same method sine ratio ...now for SY = SB-BY

by this you would have SY and CY now simply apply pythagorus theorem for SC

hope you got cleared !!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    14 KB · Views: 5