• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
well if u have time it can help everyone!!! btw my teacher has really taught this chapter well
nobody is interested in it. nobody gave me asnwer that they want to see them. so i guess i should not waste my time. but if anyone would say me to make notes on any topic, i will inshallah make them.

Reaction score
tell me the solution of this question....
Two telephone companies have different ways of charging their customers.
(i) Michael uses Company A which charges 6 cents for each unit or part unit of time.
A unit of time is 200 seconds.
He makes a call lasting 1 hour 22 minutes.
Calculate the cost of his call. [2]
(ii) Norman uses Company B which charges 5 cents for each of the first 400 units.
The charge for each additional unit is reduced by one quarter.
There is also a fixed charge of $27 for the use of the equipment.
He is charged for 629 units.
Calculate, correct to the nearest cent, the total sum that he has to pay

Reaction score
plz hlp me...................
i am lft wit only 3 months n i hav to do D1,D2,D3,D4 nd addendum
tel me hw to secure A* in maths
plz repli soon as m out ov tym......................:confused::cry:

Reaction score
plz hlp me...................
i am lft wit only 3 months n i hav to do D1,D2,D3,D4 nd addendum
tel me hw to secure A* in maths
plz repli soon as m out ov tym......................:confused::cry:
do past papers. if you feel some problem, then read the explanation of that topic and then move directly to past papers. If you have a teacher to explain you the topic then you don't need book at all. if u have problem in graphs my graphs notes might be helpful. see the link in my signature.

Reaction score
MATHS HELP NEEDED
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Mathematics (0580)/0580_s03_qp_4.pdf
q- 6 how to do that simplification like m gettin sum other answer! pls show in a detailed way how to simplify! i want to know how to do the whole question 6!!!!
please help its urgentttt!!!!!
(a)(i): volume of cuboid is length*breadth*hight. so simply write: (2x)(x+4)(x+1) cm³
(a)(ii): expand it and then simplify. see attachment for detailed processs.
(b)(i): it says that the width is 1cm so inner area will be reduced from each side by 1cm, so 2cm for each dimension.
(b)(ii): to fing volume of wood subtract volume of all of the box by volume of inside of the box. volume of inside is found by multiplying the internal dimesions.
1-it is 2x³+2x²-4x. when we substract total volume from it we get volume of wood.
2-(2x³+10x²+8x)-(2x³+2x²-4x)=8x²+12x
(c)(i)
as the area of wood we found in previous question is 8x²+12x and the questions tells us that real value is 1980cm³, so 8x²+12x must be equal to 1980cm³.
so put them equal to each other:
1- 8x²+12x=1980
2- 4(2x²+3x)=1980
3- 2x²+3x=1980/4
4- 2x²+3x=495(substract both sides by 495)
5- 2x²+3x-495=0

(c)(i): solve quadrativ by this formula; [-b±√(b²-4(a*c))]÷2(a)(see attachment)
(c)(ii): in each dimension put positive value of x as length can not be negative. the answers are 30 cm *19 cm  * 16 cm.

(a)(ii)(a)(ii).png(c)(i) (c)(i).png

Attachments

• (a)(ii).png
    (a)(ii).png
    35.7 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
(a)(i): volume of cuboid is length*breadth*hight. so simply write: (2x)(x+4)(x+1) cm³
(a)(ii): expand it and then simplify. see attachment for detailed processs.
(b)(i): it says that the width is 1cm so inner area will be reduced from each side by 1cm, so 2cm for each dimension.
(b)(ii): to fing volume of wood subtract volume of all of the box by volume of inside of the box. volume of inside is found by multiplying the internal dimesions.
1-it is 2x³+2x²-4x. when we substract total volume from it we get volume of wood.
2-(2x³+10x²+8x)-(2x³+2x²-4x)=8x²+12x
(c)(i)
as the area of wood we found in previous question is 8x²+12x and the questions tells us that real value is 1980cm³, so 8x²+12x must be equal to 1980cm³.
so put them equal to each other:
1- 8x²+12x=1980
2- 4(2x²+3x)=1980
3- 2x²+3x=1980/4
4- 2x²+3x=495(substract both sides by 495)
5- 2x²+3x-495=0

(c)(i): solve quadrativ by this formula; [-b±√(b²-4(a*c))]÷2(a)(see attachment)
(c)(ii): in each dimension put positive value of x as length can not be negative. the answers are 30 cm *19 cm  * 16 cm.

(a)(ii)View attachment 21008(c)(i) View attachment 21009
thnxxxx a lot :D