• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Try some complex figures like 753/4 and this method will be good enough !
These simple calculations can be verified so you don't need to worry about them !
i dont have problem in these divisions until and unless that extra zero thing comes in between

Reaction score
You only add the zero after adding the decimal. For the rest, simply subtract what you write.

Reaction score
HHAHAHAHAHAHAH who taught you dividing like this ? :D LOL
Who told u like this? Everything we divide like this. There is some rule which we dont now. My method is correct. Only problem is t
That there is some rule.
Divide anything this way it will work. Except when first digit is same as divisor and second digit is less than devisor.

Reaction score
To complete the division or simplify it until it no longer divides.
What do u mean by no longer divide. 2 divided by 2 is 1 remainder is zero. Bring 1 down then add decimal because 1 is less than 2.
The method had no flaws according to what i know about this long division(real name of this method)

Reaction score
Divide anything this way it will work. Except when first digit is same as divisor and second digit is less than divisor.
Thr conclusion at which i have arrived.

Reaction score
What do u mean by no longer divide. 2 divided by 2 is 1 remainder is zero. Bring 1 down then add decimal because 1 is less than 2.
The method had no flaws according to what i know about this long division(real name of this method)

I know the name. -_-

Reaction score
Reaction score
Area of shaded region = 72/360 (pi) (R)^2 - (pi)(r)^2
Area of small circle = (pi)(r)^2
They are equal so,
72/360 (pi) (R)^2 - (pi)(r)^2 = (pi)(r)^2
72/360 (pi) (R)^2 = 2 (pi)(r)^2
Simplifying,
R^2/r^2 = 360*2/72
R^2/r^2 = 10/1
Therefore,
R^2 : r^2 = 10 : 1
Hope that helps! :)

Thank you! but where did the 72 come from? o_O

Reaction score
a tank can be filled by two pipes in one hour and 20 minutes.if the two pipes are to fill the tank individually the smaller pipe will take two more hours more than the bigger piper to do so.find the time each pipe will take to fill the tank differently??? plzz solve n help?!

Reaction score
in the marking scheme, unlike bio/physics/chemistry, one very strict value is given..and often i get values slightly different. for example i get 4.27 and marking scheme says (Strictly) '4.28' dafuq to do??

Reaction score
Get the latest calculator? My sin and cos values are very different in both of my calculators. I use the latest model and the answers are exactly as given in Marking Scheme.

Reaction score
Get the latest calculator? My sin and cos values are very different in both of my calculators. I use the latest model and the answers are exactly as given in Marking Scheme.

try to reset ur calculator. Maybe ur calculator is set on radians instead of degree

Reaction score
in the marking scheme, unlike bio/physics/chemistry, one very strict value is given..and often i get values slightly different. for example i get 4.27 and marking scheme says (Strictly) '4.28' dafuq to do??

This happens due to premature rounding off.

try to reset ur calculator. Maybe ur calculator is set on radians instead of degree

The value difference between radians and degrees is way too much. Not a few decimals here and there.