• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
got it!..thanks...but can u help me with how to find matrix from given coordinates of image and object?

Well, if the object is (x , y) <-- This is a column vector (suppose) then (x,y) * matrix = (x',y'), where (x',y') is column vector of the image. This is the normal method of finding the IMAGE from the matrix. I don't know how the reverse works. I guess that you just have to figure out the matrix from the given description.

Reaction score
Well, if the object is (x , y) <-- This is a column vector (suppose) then (x,y) * matrix = (x',y'), where (x',y') is column vector of the image. This is the normal method of finding the IMAGE from the matrix. I don't know how the reverse works. I guess that you just have to figure out the matrix from the given description.

its okay!...so u mean Object * Matrix = Image....and yeah...if this is the formula then i can find the matrix by using inverse!..but i was confused whether it was M * O = I...
Thanks...

Reaction score
its okay!...so u mean Object * Matrix = Image....and yeah...if this is the formula then i can find the matrix by using inverse!..but i was confused whether it was M * O = I...
Thanks...

How will you find the inverse of a 2*1 order matrix. o_O

Reaction score
Thanks...
we have to do transformation matix*column matrix of coordinates for image, or column matrix of coordinates*matrix?

Reaction score
u didnt get what i meant!...i meant if i have 2 coordinates of an object and an image...or i just know the transformation....then i can just turn them into 2 * 2 matrix of object and then multiply its inverse with the 2 * 2 matrix of image....i will get the transformation matrix!

yeah!..u r right!..

Reaction score
u didnt get what i meant!...i meant if i have 2 coordinates of an object and an image...or i just know the transformation....then i can just turn them into 2 * 2 matrix of object and then multiply its inverse with the 2 * 2 matrix of image....i will get the transformation matrix!
Yeah. You can do that too :p