• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Been trying to solve this for hours, need some help. This is a question of Perimeter and Area (Mathematics D syllabus)
"As many 8-cm diameter discs as possible are cut froma sheet of rectangular cardboard measuring 170 cm by 90 cm. Find the area of the sheet that is left."

Reaction score
Please explain Q9s each part.
a)
as it says the number TREbeles every hour, that means, if there is a certain number of bacteria in a colony in first our, the second our there will be 3 times the number of bacteria in the first hour
so as there were 1350 bacteria in 3rd our, in the 4th hour there will be 1350 * 3 bacteria.
c)
this what you have to see from the graph, the answer will be around 1890 perhaps.
d)
(i) this, u'll do yourself.
(ii) it represents the rate of increase in the number of bacteria for the time mentioned.
e) k=50, a = 3
because the actual starting number is 50, which we multiply with the figure '3' as many times as the hours have been passed. thats why we write '3^t'. where t is the number of hrs.
f) both parts are to be done by plotting graph.

hope you got it :)

Reaction score
a)
as it says the number TREbeles every hour, that means, if there is a certain number of bacteria in a colony in first our, the second our there will be 3 times the number of bacteria in the first hour
so as there were 1350 bacteria in 3rd our, in the 4th hour there will be 1350 * 3 bacteria.
c)
this what you have to see from the graph, the answer will be around 1890 perhaps.
d)
(i) this, u'll do yourself.
(ii) it represents the rate of increase in the number of bacteria for the time mentioned.
e) k=50, a = 3
because the actual starting number is 50, which we multiply with the figure '3' as many times as the hours have been passed. thats why we write '3^t'. where t is the number of hrs.
f) both parts are to be done by plotting graph.

hope you got it :)
Uff,so sorry about that bro,i meant Q10!Can you explain that?