• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

MATHS PAPER 22 / JUNE 2012?

Reaction score
Your mixing up things mate. They had asked the area of the major SEGMENT, not SECTOR. If they had asked the area of the major sector, then the triangle's area was to be ignored. But they didn't hence we had to add the triangle's area as well :) the area was 686.5 or so.
what abt the perimeter mate ?

Reaction score
Arc Length of Major Sector + the base of the triangle (which was 15)

(300/360*2Pi*15) + 15

i took the angle 45 in q.8 and by applying the sine rule i got the right angle !! i guess this will also be rewarded ??

Reaction score
and was the inequalities equations given as "LESS THAN AND EQUAL TO" or just "LESS THAN"

Reaction score
i took the angle 45 in q.8 and by applying the sine rule i got the right angle !! i guess this will also be rewarded ??

Well how did u assume that it was 45* and yeah there was one big clue there the questions answer was worth 3 marks which mostly is the no. of marks given for cosine rule when finding its angles but i think u might get like a one or a two :(

Reaction score
i will loose couple of marks for not adding the area of triangle ?
i also didnt realise that v had to add the area of the triangle nd automatically same goes for perimeter cz i just took out perimeter of that big arc nd den added both sides of the triangle ,i.e. 30 to that answer. :(
do u remember how many marks was for the area nd perimeter question?

Reaction score
nd in the question abt that circle nd trapezium, there was a 2nd figure of which v had to calculate the area. so was the ans same if v did it wid dat area ratio rule or finding the area of everything nd then adding it up?

Reaction score
nd in the question abt that circle nd trapezium, there was a 2nd figure of which v had to calculate the area. so was the ans same if v did it wid dat area ratio rule or finding the area of everything nd then adding it up?

I dont think we could find the area of different shapes individually we just needed to use the area ratio that is the similar figure area formula and the answer was somewhere in 30s it was in points i think

Reaction score
23 or 34

Reaction score
Really do u remember it ive forgotten :p

mine was in the range of 20s (24.xx or 25.xx) as far as i remember.

In that part, many people from my school forgot to add the area of trapezium to the area of the major segment that they have found out. and hence got wrong answers!

Reaction score
mine was in the range of 20s (24.xx or 25.xx) as far as i remember.

In that part, many people from my school forgot to add the area of trapezium to the area of the major segment that they have found out. and hence got wrong answers!
no it was 37.4.((686+248)divided by 25)