• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

MCAT EQUIVALENCE (THIS IS IMPORTANT)

Did you understand the procedure for calculating final aggregate scores?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
thanku this ws helpful.. can u tel me the what score in mcat will be required for king edward?..... got 7A*s nd 1A in olevel...gonna giv my A2 this june...

Reaction score
what were the closing merits for Nust nd Demont lahore this year? does any1 know?

Reaction score
thanku this ws helpful.. can u tel me the what score in mcat will be required for king edward?..... got 7A*s nd 1A in olevel...gonna giv my A2 this june...
your equivalence is close to 89.4% for SSC
SSC counts 10%

Your SSC marks from Olevels add into Alevel marks to form HSSC. HSSC counts 40%
Olevels is really really important. If you get 3A* in sciences in Alevels then ur total score out of 50% will be 44.75%

KE this year was 90.0039%. So you need approximately 45.24% from 50%. Mcat counts 50%
this would be equivalent to 995 marks in mcat from 1100.

If you work hard, you can get 1000 marks in MCAT. Anything above 1000 in mcat is pure luck. I mean getting 200 questions correct from 220 questions is no easy feat.

So get 3A* in sciences. If you have 5-6 subjects in Alevels, drop them. Only 3 sciences count for equivalence

Ive some questions
In how many attempts did you give Olevels in?
What was the time gap between the sessions if you gave Olevels in multiple sessions?
Have you got your SSC equivalence made? If not have it made. Unless you have your SSC equivalence made, they wont make your HSSC equivalence

Where is your domicile from? (its a document you need later on. It is an old equivalent of nic, used in british times. Its just remnant of it. U MUST have a domicile of Punjab to apply for govt medical colleges of Punjab. Usually your domicile is from where u were born.

Reaction score
i got this olevels result at first attempt.. gave 3 subjexts in may2010 nd the other 5 in may2011........ gave my AS in may2012... >>> have 4 subjtx in Alevel bio chem phy nd maths.... gonna giv A2 coming may
i got my olevel equivelance done... got 804/900 thats 89.3 %......
nd my domicile is lahore...
p.s demont ka tou kafi low hai.. but it doesnt matter cuz im interested in mbbs :).... which med colege did u get in?

Reaction score
B's in AS are very hard to turn into A*. Almost impossible without repeating whole of Alevels

If you want to, then drop maths. It doesnt count for equivalence for medical. Engineering ECAT is too much fsc. Your only option for engineering is LUMS or NUST. Since you are interested in medicine, then I dont see much importance for maths

Repeat whole of Alevels (AS and A2) in may/june. Try to get 3A* in phy,chem and bio. You must not get complacent about Alevels. Every mark counts here. merit goes to 4 decimal places

Allama Iqbal

Reactions: omg
Reaction score
How much is overall weightage of test score, O n A levels for Allama Iqbal med skool?

FOR LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Government Medical Colleges in Lahore (Merit list 2012)

King Edward Medical University 90.0039%,
Allama Iqbal Medical College 88.2342%,
Services Institute of Medical Science 87.0152%
Fatima Jinnah Medical College (FOR FEMALE CANDIDATES ONLY) 86.5108%,
Ameer-ud-Din Medical College 86.0117%

Reaction score
Okay. Well im in Peshawar and here its different. Your test scores matter way more than your alevel results

Reaction score
I am not exactly sure about Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. You better confirm it

BUT Olevel grades are very important.

SSC
800 marks from Olevels

HSSC
800 marks from Olevels
Only 300 from Alevels

This process I think is applied nationally as equivalences are made in Islamabad

Reaction score
Agha Khan is also a good option. You should apply as a backup incase you dont get admission in govt medical colleges but get admission into Agha Khan. 2 of my friends had gotten admission into AKU but failed to make into govt medical colleges of Punjab, so they went to AKU

Reactions: omg
Reaction score
Okay. Well im in Peshawar and here its different. Your test scores matter way more than your alevel results
Where is your domicile from? Sometimes some people dont have a domicile of province in which they are living (they had usually lived in another province for a longer time). Usually domicile is from where you are born

Reaction score
SO you cant apply for govt medical colleges of Punjab unless you have a domicile of Punjab

Reaction score
allama iqbal is great ..one my friends got in it this year too.. congrats!!! nd thanku il definitly consider ur advice.... the only thing is iv never ever repeated before ... im just uncomfortable with the idea... i always considerd the first attempt as the last one.. this AS has me double minded...:/
I suggest you repeat. Which city are you in? I can recommend good teachers for Lahore