• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mechanics 42

Reaction score
I MESSED UP :) !!
I JUSTTT HATEE THE EXAMM ! LIKE SHITT !
every single question is complicated !
i was very prepared ! and then booooovvvv !
:)

Reaction score
okay, I think Mechanics paper 42 was easy.
A good number of people in my hall found it easy like me.

I don't think it was as tough as Winter 2011 as ImaamMalik said.

However, I made one silly mistake.

in no. 6 i,

it is Fs = 800X400 + 1250X0.125X10x400.
= 945 000.

I forgot to multiply the mass by 10 ! :(.

will they cut the hwole 3 marks for that question or only one accuracy mark ? :(

DAMN I thought I could get a 100 in this paper :(.

No, you'll probably get 1 mark for the right method

Reaction score
guys, i totally messed up with Q 7........ But i applied few formulas and found initial kinetic energy.......I found values of v bt they are wrong.....I also drew the axes for graphs........How many marks wud i get out of 13??? plzzz tell me.....I think i have got all other questions right except this.....will i get an A? Can i make it 40 out of 50?

Reaction score
plzzz i want replies from many people......Iam hell worried!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
guys, i totally messed up with Q 7........ But i applied few formulas and found initial kinetic energy.......I found values of v bt they are wrong.....I also drew the axes for graphs........How many marks wud i get out of 13??? plzzz tell me.....I think i have got all other questions right except this.....will i get an A? Can i make it 40 out of 50?

did you use ne of the kinematics formulas while finding speed? if you did then you'll probably get around 3 method marks. and also ecf if you used the wrong value of the first speed to find the second. But i dnt think u'll get mrks for plotting the axis as it was just a sketch graph.
so, granted you applied the CORRECT methods you might just get around 5 out of 13.

Reaction score
i didnot have any clue of what i was doing......ya bt i used v=u+at and v2=u2+2as...........can i get an A?

Reaction score
can i make it 40 out of 50?? if i get all others correct?? wud i get atleast 3 marks for just using kinematics equations?

Reaction score
can i make it 40 out of 50?? if i get all others correct?? wud i get atleast 3 marks for just using kinematics equations?

if you gave an immaculate paper otherwise, yes, you'll get above 40. That's well above A. :)