• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

MIND OPENING QUESTIONS

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Shahroz95 said:
This one is an old one and many people will know this one (though it does open your mind):

Under the law of a certain country (don't ask which one), anyone caught poaching in the king's private garden is either hanged or beheaded. Before they are executed, the culprits have to make a statement. If the statement is true, they will be beheaded; if the statement is wrong, they will be hanged.

One day a man was caught and he made the statement: "I shall be hanged."
This is where the question is:
If he was hanged, then his statement would be true and therefore he should be beheaded. BUT if he was beheaded, then what he had said was wrong and therefore he should be hanged. Should he be beheaded or hanged?

Try to answer that! :mrgreen:

Hanged then beheaded?? :ugeek:

Reaction score
He should be beheaded
Reason:
Well he said "I shall" means that he is giving his opinion about something. If he has done some kind of crime, then yes, according to that area's laws, he should have been hanged.
So his statement is not a false one.
So even if he is beheaded, this statement remains true. Because he did not say "I WOULD be hanged" instead he said that "I SHALL be hanged"
So, if he is beheaded then "He should have been hanged but he wasn't"

Reaction score
@Nibz, nice try
@hElPsEeKeR15, awesome! :D
@PrInCeSs AshLeY, you're right...........but personally, I think he should be fed to alligators for making such a stupid statement......... :p

Reaction score
No. He should only be given one week!
And he should be scolded terribly by his parents and teachers if he fails to score an A* :p

Reaction score
I think he should be.........let's see.........what's the worst way of torture?..........hmm..........need a little help here...........

Reaction score
Well, he should be forced to give all the O-level subjects and score A* in all of them and should be pressurized by everyone and should have terrible teachers and..... I guess this much is enough. =P

Reaction score
I have a question for all of you:
What does a red rock become when you throw it into the deep blue sea.

:p :D

Reaction score
Chem_master said:
a farmer wants to cross a river using a simple boat with three things but unfortunately he can take only one at a time
the things r:
1. a large amount of herbs
2. a cow
3. a lion
neglecting the lions ideas of eating the farmer.....name the things mentioned above in such order that it would be safe for the farmer without any kind of loss...

It reminds me of my childhood... :(

Reaction score
First a lion, then herbs and then cow. :p
Reason is because lions won't eat herbs. If cow pehle hoti tou herbs kha jaati. :D

Reaction score
Nah... Agar lion lay jati hou tou cow herbs kha jayegi thats a loss... See its answer on 7th page...