• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Music is Haram in ISLAM

Reaction score
Can anybody help me more about this ? i need more information over this
that why is that so ? :)

Reaction score
this is from surah luqman verse 6
وَمِنَ ٱلنَّاسِ مَن يَشۡتَرِى لَهۡوَ ٱلۡحَدِيثِ لِيُضِلَّ عَن سَبِيلِ ٱللَّهِ بِغَيۡرِ عِلۡمٍ۬ وَيَتَّخِذَهَا هُزُوًاۚ أُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ لَهُمۡ عَذَابٌ۬ مُّهِينٌ۬ ( ٦ ) 

translation:

And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e.music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allâh without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allâh, or the Verses of the Qur'ân) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire).[] (6)

Reaction score
this is from surah luqman verse 6
وَمِنَ ٱلنَّاسِ مَن يَشۡتَرِى لَهۡوَ ٱلۡحَدِيثِ لِيُضِلَّ عَن سَبِيلِ ٱللَّهِ بِغَيۡرِ عِلۡمٍ۬ وَيَتَّخِذَهَا هُزُوًاۚ أُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ لَهُمۡ عَذَابٌ۬ مُّهِينٌ۬ ( ٦ ) 

translation:

And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e.music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allâh without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allâh, or the Verses of the Qur'ân) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire).[] (6)
Allah help us to do good Deeds
AMEEN !
and thankyew :)

Reaction score
Can anybody help me more about this ? i need more information over this
that why is that so ? :)

Assalamoalaikum wr wb!
Click on the image..and do listen to that mp3...may be if you dont have time, just play it in the background and keep doing ur work ;)
it's worth listening...seriously, clears all doubts!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A powerful reminder about Music: The End Of Music by Kamal el makki (the funny guy...)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

music.jpg

O Muslim, lawful things have good attributes
Where is the good in singing, dancing and listening to flutes?
Can we compare the words of singers and sounds of Musicians
To the Glorious Quran, its lessons, wisdoms and admonitions?
How many singers do you know and give admiration,
And how many do you know of the companions and the following generation?
How much do you spend on singers from your dollars?
Compared to how many you know of Islamic Scholars.
Do you see how much is memorized of Music songs?
While you ignore the book to which memorization belongs?
How much do you memorize of these incantations?
And swayed back and forth in intoxication?
Have you not seen those who follow the misguided?
And increase the loudness of the Music, when they should hide it?
And who writes their songs? thinkers, or men of academia?
Or maybe scholars, like Ahmad, Malik or maybe ibn Taymiyah.
O you who listens to music..
Don't you see that All the songs of the world and all the lyrics you've seen
Wouldn't compare in reward to Alif Laam Meem .

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Okay. I have a question here. If music is Haraam in Islam, why are their Islamic songs referring to etudiante's thread in the 'Off-Topic Section.'

Here's the link:

http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/islamic-songs.14233/page-3#post-215095
when they said 'islamic songs' I think they meant nasheeds.. here, I already posted what's allowed in nasheeds and what's not (according to scholars..):
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/islamic-songs.14233/page-4#post-227657

Reaction score
Okay. I have a question here. If music is Haraam in Islam, why are their Islamic songs referring to etudiante's thread in the 'Off-Topic Section.'

Here's the link:

http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/islamic-songs.14233/page-3#post-215095

well generally its allowed in Islam to recite praise to Allah n His Prophet in a good voice....good voice dosent necessarily mean singing out your lungs like what happens in many songs...it means just reciting it in a clear, audible and tolerable tone....that can also be singing if it is done to praise Allah n His Prophet...
Prophet SAWS has encouraged the recitation of Quran in a melodious voice as long as it dosent arouse any negative feelings in someone (like dancing n stuff, cuz u feel moving when u listen to some songs)

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!
Click on the image..and do listen to that mp3...may be if you dont have time, just play it in the background and keep doing ur work ;)
it's worth listening...seriously, clears all doubts!
this was seriously helpfull !
thankyew :D

Reaction score
well generally its allowed in Islam to recite praise to Allah n His Prophet in a good voice....good voice dosent necessarily mean singing out your lungs like what happens in many songs...it means just reciting it in a clear, audible and tolerable tone....that can also be singing if it is done to praise Allah n His Prophet...
Prophet SAWS has encouraged the recitation of Quran in a melodious voice as long as it dosent arouse any negative feelings in someone (like dancing n stuff, cuz u feel moving when u listen to some songs)
AGREED :X3: