• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need motivation? In 3 min?

Reaction score
A crow was sitting on a tree, doing nothing all day. A small rabbit saw the crow, and asked him, "Can I also sit like you and do nothing all day long?"

The crow answered, "Sure, why not."

So, the rabbit sat on the ground below the crow, and rested. All of a sudden a fox appeared, jumped on the rabbit and ate it.

To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very, very high up!

Reaction score
basimnazir said:
The A-Z Motivational Tips

A- Achieve your dreams
B- Believe in yourself, and in what you do
C- Consider thing on every angle and aspect
D- Don't give up or give in
E- Enjoy your work as if you don't need any money or any thank.
F- Family and Friends are greatest 'F' treasures. F could mean different as well.
G- Give more than what's enough
H- Hang on to your dreams
I- Ignore those who say you can't.
J- Justify your dreams
K- Keep trying No matter how hard the life seems.
L- Learn to love yourself and everyone around you.
M- Make things happen.
N- Never lie, cheat or steal.
O- Open your eyes.
P- Practice makes perfect.
Q- Quitters never win.
R- Ready yourself.
S- Stop procrastinating.
T- Take control of your life.
U- Understand others.
V- Visualize it.
W- Want it more than anything.
X- X Factor is what will make you different from the others.
Y-You are unique.
Z- Zero in on your dreams and go for it!

Dream BIG.
If you can dream it, you can achieve it. You are the pilot of your own life.

(Read these tips somewhere once and I noted it down)
wayyyyyyyyyyyy 2 go metallica :Bravo: :Bravo: truly awesome evry single post of urzz :good:

Reaction score
He may not be perfect but he pulled together the most fantastic act by overcoming Microsoft, the movie industry and the music business. He is a man who has great courage and dare to take risk.

He followed his dream and lead a revolution in the computing world. He suffered failures and was also sacked from the company he founded.

Was born February 24 1955, in San Francisco, California. His unwed mother decided to put him for adoption because she wanted a girl. So in the middle of the night, his mother called a lawyer and said, “We have an unexpected baby boy, do you want him?"

His mother felt very strongly that he should be adopted by college graduates and when she found out that both his future parents had never graduated from colleges, she refused to sign the adoption papers. She only relented a few months later when his future parents promised that they would send him to college.

He went to college but decided to drop out because it was too expensive. Recalling his time there he said,
“I didn't have a dorm room, so I slept on the floor in friends' rooms, I returned coke bottles for the 5¢ deposits to buy food with, and I would walk the 7 miles across town every Sunday night to get one good meal a week at the Hare Krishna temple.”

At 20, He and his friend (Steve Wozniak) started a company in a garage on April 1, 1976. Later that year, the duo debuted the Apple I at the Homebrew Computer Club in Palo Alto, California. A local store offered to buy 50 machines and to finance the production, the duo had to sell their most expensive possessions. He sold his Volkswagen van while Wozniak sold his Hewlett-Packard scientific calculator.

By 1982 however, his company sales sagged in the face of competition from IBM's new PC. He and Wozniak unveiled their new creation, Lisa to increase the company's bottom line, only to be another expensive failure.

Not wanting to dwell on these successive failures, they worked on a new machine called the Macintosh. Jobs was reported to commandeered the project, ruthlessly pushing its computer engineers and flying a pirate flag above the building where the team worked.

By 1986 the Mac, which He promised to be “insanely great” was a huge success. After 10 years, starting from 2 kids working in a garage.

He was fired from his co-founded company by John Sculley, whom He had recruited from Pepsi Cola.

Apparently both have different views of how the company should be handled and in one meeting Sculley had told security analysts in a meeting that He would have no role in the operations of the company "now or in the future." When He heard of the message he said, "You've probably had somebody punch you in the stomach and it knocks the wind out you and you cannot breathe. The harder you try to breathe, the more you cannot breathe. And you know that the only thing you can do is just relax so you can start breathing again."

Recalling this publicly heartbreaking episode He said,

“I didn't see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.”

During the next five years he started two companies - NeXTStep and Pixar.
NeXTStep which produces NeXT, $9,995 cube-shaped workstation which aimed to create a workstation for research and higher, didn't do as well as He had dreamed for. It did poorly and so He pulled the plug in 1993.
Pixar, however was a success story. The company started the first computer-animated film, the Toy Story and when Pixar's stock went public, He became an instant billionaire.

Meanwhile, his old company, Apple was under immense pressure from rival Microsoft and in 1996 posted billions of dollars in losses.
In December 1996 He convinced Apple to buy NeXT and make its software the foundation of the next-generation Mac OS. The technology he developed at NeXT became the catalyst of Apple’s comeback. Initially appointed as Apple’s adviser, He was named Apple’s interim CEO in 1997.
In 2004 he was diagnosed with cancer on his pancreas. He was told that the cancer was incurable and he would only live for another three to six months. Later, a biopsy showed that he actually had a very rare form of pancreatic cancer that is curable with surgery. He had the surgery and survives.

Under his leadership, Apple returned to profitability and introduced innovations such as the iPod.

This He was Steve Jobs,
The lawyer was Paul Jobs

Steve Jobs sold over $20 million of his Apple stock, spent days bicycling along the beach, feeling sad and lost, toured Paris, and journeyed on to Italy.He left the company after losing a bitter battle over control with Apple's CEO.
Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built and his spirit would forever be the foundation of Apple.
Rest In Peace (http://www.apple.com/)

Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works. - Steve Jobs (1955-2011)

Reaction score
Steve Jobs's advice :

Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Reaction score
why the hell I have been missing such awesome posts!!!!????
truly AMAZING basim. . . keep it up. . .
R.I.P Steve Jobs. . .

Reaction score
10 Simple Ways To Motivate Yourself

Feeling less than motivated all too often? I do. Well, perhaps not too often. But sometimes I just feel really lazy and unmotivated.
Some practical solutions to that universal motivation-problem? Here are 10 of them. Try a handful.

1. Make a deal with yourself : Good for overcoming procrastination and getting things done. You can make the deal small or large. You simple tell yourself something like: When I’m done with this chapter/these reports I can take a walk in the park and enjoy an ice-cream.
Believe it or not, greed captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

2. Act like it If you don’t feel motivated or enthusiastic then act like it. The strange thing is that within a few minutes you actually start to feel motivated or enthusiastic for real.

3. Ask uplifting questions in the morning : Here’s what you do; every morning ask yourself five empowering three-part questions this way:

What am I ______ about in my life right now?
What about it makes me _______?
How does it make me feel?

Put in your own value in the blank space. For instance, a couple of my questions are:

What am I happy about in my life right now?
What am I excited about in my life right now?

It’s important that you really feel how it makes you feel. When I think about the last part about what makes me happy right now I really feel it. These morning questions are great because the way they are set up makes you recognize things you take for granted and then they really get you to feel those positive feelings.

4. Move the goalposts : Set a large and specific goal. This will motivate you much more than small goals. A big goal has a big effect and can create a lot of motivation.

5. Do something small and create a flow : Just clean your desk. Or pay your bills. Or wash the dishes. You just need to get started. When you have finished that small task you’ll feel more alert and ready to go do the next thing. You just to get started to get motivated. So if you really don’t feel like doing anything, start with something small and work your way out up.

6. Do the toughest task first This will ease a lot of your day-to-day worries and boost your self-confidence for the rest of the day.

7. Start slow. Instead of jumping into something at full speed start slow : When you do that your mind will not visualize the task as something hard that you have to do fast, fast, fast. If your mind sees such things guess what often happens? Yep, you don’t get started. Actually getting started, even if it’s at a slow pace, is a whole lot better than not getting started at all.

8. Compare yourself with yourself. Not with others : Comparing what you have and your results to what other people have and have accomplished can really kill your motivation. There are always people ahead of you. Most likely quite a bit of people. And a few of them are miles ahead. So focus on you. On your results. And how you can and have improved them.

Reviewing your results is important so you see where you have gone wrong in the past to avoid similar missteps further on. But it’s also important because it’s a great motivator to see how much you have improved and how far you have come. Often you can be pleasantly surprised when you do such a review

9. Remember your successes And let them flow through your mind instead of your failures. Write down your successes. Consider using a journal of some kind since it’s easy to forget your successes.

10. Act like your heroes. Read about them, watch them, listen to them Discover what they did that was special and what made them tick. But remember that they are people just like us. So let them inspire you instead of looking up at them admiringly.

Every dream has a price. ~Wall Street (1987)

Reaction score
basimnazir said:

Feeling less than motivated all too often? I do. Well, perhaps not too often. But sometimes I just feel really lazy and unmotivated.
Some practical solutions to that universal motivation-problem? Here are 25 of them. Try a handful.

1. Make a deal with yourself : Good for overcoming procrastination and getting things done. You can make the deal small or large. You simple tell yourself something like: When I’m done with this chapter/these reports I can take a walk in the park and enjoy an ice-cream.

2. Act like it If you don’t feel motivated or enthusiastic then act like it. The strange thing is that within a few minutes you actually start to feel motivated or enthusiastic for real.

3. Ask uplifting questions in the morning : Here’s what you do; every morning ask yourself five empowering three-part questions this way:

Put in your own value in the blank space. For instance, a couple of my questions are:

It’s important that you really feel how it makes you feel. When I think about the last part about what makes me happy right now I really feel it. These morning questions are great because the way they are set up makes you recognize things you take for granted and then they really get you to feel those positive feelings.

4. Move the goalposts : Set a large and specific goal. This will motivate you much more than small goals. A big goal has a big effect and can create a lot of motivation.

5. Do something small and create a flow : Just clean your desk. Or pay your bills. Or wash the dishes. You just need to get started. When you have finished that small task you’ll feel more alert and ready to go do the next thing. You just to get started to get motivated. So if you really don’t feel like doing anything, start with something small and work your way out up.

6. Do the toughest task first This will ease a lot of your day-to-day worries and boost your self-confidence for the rest of the day.

7. Start slow. Instead of jumping into something at full speed start slow : When you do that your mind will not visualize the task as something hard that you have to do fast, fast, fast. If your mind sees such things guess what often happens? Yep, you don’t get started. Actually getting started, even if it’s at a slow pace, is a whole lot better than not getting started at all.

8. Compare yourself with yourself. Not with others : Comparing what you have and your results to what other people have and have accomplished can really kill your motivation. There are always people ahead of you. Most likely quite a bit of people. And a few of them are miles ahead. So focus on you. On your results. And how you can and have improved them.

Reviewing your results is important so you see where you have gone wrong in the past to avoid similar missteps further on. But it’s also important because it’s a great motivator to see how much you have improved and how far you have come. Often you can be pleasantly surprised when you do such a review

9. Remember your successes And let them flow through your mind instead of your failures. Write down your successes. Consider using a journal of some kind since it’s easy to forget your successes.

10. Act like your heroes. Read about them, watch them, listen to them Discover what they did that was special and what made them tick. But remember that they are people just like us. So let them inspire you instead of looking up at them admiringly.

:shock: man u rock :D dis is awsm :good: :good:

Reaction score
basimnazir said:

Some practical solutions to that universal motivation-problem? Here are 10 of them. Try a handful.

lyk it :)