• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need motivation? In 3 min?

Reaction score
The Beatle Connection: Rebecca Black’s “Friday”

I'm pretty sure we all have heard Rebecca Black's Friday, and well I bet we have millions around who hate her..? I don't really think 'hate' is an appropriate word here, but let's look at the connection:

Rebecca Black VS The Beatles

Rebecca Black 'Friday' --- The Beatles 'A day in the life'

7 am, waking up in the morning --- Woke up fell out of the bed

Gotta be fresh --- Dragged a comb across my head

Gotta go downstairs, gotta have my bowl, gotta have my cereals --- Found my way downstairs and drank a cup

Seeing everything the time is going --- Looking up, I noticed I was late

Ticking on and on, everybody's rushing --- Found my coat and grabbed my hat

Gotta get down to the bus stop, gotta catch my bus --- Made the bus in second flats

I'm not criticizing anyone around here, but to my personal and most educated opinion, I think, we should balance the pivot sometimes. If she'd never try, how'll she know? She might not replace The Beatles but who knows she could provide a tough competition..?
After all:

“We don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out.” ~ Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962

(The replies are most very welcome :) )

Reaction score
^ I've never hated her ! :p I used to dislike her when i heard friday but then (now) i realised she was *strong* enough to face all the criticism and stand so firm, releasing *My moment* with no sense of apology or shame ! And when i read about her *social work* with all the revenue she had earned from *friday*, my respect for her increased ! I know im goin outta topic, but well ur point about *trying* is wayy too true ! :) I personally don't lyk the beatles, it'd be good if they're just kicked outta track :D Well yeah, I agree, she can provide a tough competition ! However, it is the *ppl* who need to realise the importance of motivating and encouraging someone ! Who knows the Rebecca they are hating today might be their secret ideal tomorrow ? :unknown: :wink: :roll:

Reaction score
I really respect your reply over it and yes, I totally agree to the fact that someday she's gonna beat us all. And who knows, I might be quoting her here? :)

Reaction score
I have nothing against anyone, and yes I'll inspire everyone here using her terms and sayings. :)

Reaction score
This is a nice story

An elderly carpenter was ready to retire. He told his employer-contractor of his plans to leave the house building business and live a more leisurely life with his wife enjoying his extended family.

He would miss the paycheck, but he needed to retire. They could get by. The contractor was sorry to see his good worker go and asked if he could build just one more house as a personal favor. The carpenter said yes, but in time it was easy to see that his heart was not in his work. He resorted to shoddy workmanship and used inferior materials. It was an unfortunate way to end his career.

When the carpenter finished his work and the builder came to inspect the house, the contractor handed the front-door key to the carpenter. "This is your house, " he said, "my gift to you."

What a shock! What a shame! If he had only known he was building his own house, he would have done it all so differently. Now he had to live in the home he had built none too well.

So it is with us. We build our lives in a distracted way, reacting rather than acting, willing to put up less than the best. At important points we do not give the job our best effort. Then with a shock we look at the situation we have created and find that we are now living in the house we have built. If we had realized that we would have done it differently.

Think of yourself as the carpenter. Think about your house. Each day you hammer a nail, place a board, or erect a wall. Build wisely. It is the only life you will ever build. Even if you live it for only one day more, that day deserves to be lived graciously and with dignity. The plaque on the wall says, "Life is a do-it-yourself project." Your life tomorrow will be the result of your attitudes and the choices you make today.

Reaction score
SalmanPakRocks said:
This is a nice story

An elderly carpenter was ready to retire. He told his employer-contractor of his plans to leave the house building business and live a more leisurely life with his wife enjoying his extended family.

He would miss the paycheck, but he needed to retire. They could get by. The contractor was sorry to see his good worker go and asked if he could build just one more house as a personal favor. The carpenter said yes, but in time it was easy to see that his heart was not in his work. He resorted to shoddy workmanship and used inferior materials. It was an unfortunate way to end his career.

When the carpenter finished his work and the builder came to inspect the house, the contractor handed the front-door key to the carpenter. "This is your house, " he said, "my gift to you."

What a shock! What a shame! If he had only known he was building his own house, he would have done it all so differently. Now he had to live in the home he had built none too well.

So it is with us. We build our lives in a distracted way, reacting rather than acting, willing to put up less than the best. At important points we do not give the job our best effort. Then with a shock we look at the situation we have created and find that we are now living in the house we have built. If we had realized that we would have done it differently.

Think of yourself as the carpenter. Think about your house. Each day you hammer a nail, place a board, or erect a wall. Build wisely. It is the only life you will ever build. Even if you live it for only one day more, that day deserves to be lived graciously and with dignity. The plaque on the wall says, "Life is a do-it-yourself project." Your life tomorrow will be the result of your attitudes and the choices you make today.

C'était génial - Awesome! :Bravo:

Reaction score
Now whats going on here??? THIS WAS A MOTIVATION TOPIC...............and now who is talking french here??? by the way do u guys know how to talk in french? :shock:

Reaction score
Now whats going on here??? THIS WAS A MOTIVATION TOPIC...............and now who is talking french here??? by the way do u guys know how to talk in french? :shock:
I am pretty sure they r just using google translator. -__-''

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
" I didn't complete my University " - Bill Gates
" I stitched shoes during my childhood " - Abraham Lincoln
" I was the one who served in Hotels " - Oberoi
" I was a conductor " - Rajnikanth
" I worked at a Petrol Pump " - Ambani
" I failed in class 10th " - Sachin Tendulkar
" I was a drop-out and a keyboard player " - A R Rehman
" I used to sleep on a bench and borrow Rs.20 everyday from a friend to travel to filmcity " - Shahrukh Khan
" I used to serve tea to support my football training " - Lionel Messi

Life isn't about finding yourself, my friends. Life is about creating yourself.

Reaction score
Was learning it that time; still a beginner though.