• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O/A Level World Records

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this lately and had been going through many threads out there on it's regard. People tend to appreciate the achievement of these world record holders but eventually end up criticizing them. The holder's are as follows:

(1) Ali Moeen Nawazish : 21 A's in A Levels
(2) Ibrahim Shahid : 23 A's in O Levels
(3) Syed Zohaib Asad : 28 A's in O Levels
(4) Mohammad Haroon Tariq : 38 A's in O Levels

You people might not be aware of this but there is a 5th one as well:
(5) Danish Shabbir : 23 A's in O Levels (2012)

So what do you guys think? Are these records worth making? Or are these just a wastage of time and wealth? I'll be looking forward to see everyone's point of view. (y)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this lately and had been going through many threads out there on it's regard. People tend to appreciate the achievement of these world record holders but eventually end up criticizing them. The holder's are as follows:

(1) Ali Moeen Nawazish : 21 A's in A Levels
(2) Ibrahim Shahid : 23 A's in O Levels
(3) Syed Zohaib Asad : 28 A's in O Levels
(4) Mohammad Haroon Tariq : 38 A's in O Levels

You people might not be aware this one but there is 5th one as well:
(5) Danish Shabbir : 23 A's in O Levels (2012)

So what do you guys think? Are these records worth making? Or are these just a wastage of time and wealth? I'll be looking forward to see everyone's point of view. (y)
They are worth making. They inspire others to make world records. As everyone wants to be the best. They are surely not waste of time and wealth.

Reaction score
If this is not worth doing, then what is?

This depends on a persons views about life.

Btw, these records were made in a number of sessions. When Zohaib Asad got 28 A's, do you know how many sessions he gave all his exams in?

Reaction score
This creates an integrated approach and enables you to think more broadly and critically, i do agree with it but i can't really lead towards a conclusion before the others convey their views on it
Got 11 A's in 2009, gave more in the two years of his A Levels and got 10 A's in A Levels as well till 2011 (3 years), it's remarkable

Reaction score
its cool to break records but for wat pourpose?? dey r nt gona do all da 28 0 so subjects in lyf......
So you're on the counter i see. A well argument! These subjects aren't gonna help you all your life which is exactly one important point to be noted. And don't just stick to 'bechara' Zohaib Asad :p , there are others as well. So 3 favors and 1 counter, will be waiting for more! (y)

Reaction score
Seek perfection in what you do, not quantity ;)
we should look at maximum A*s, thats more worthwhile
but now even the best unis want something more than pure academics
so its a waste of time and money :p
A very strong argument to be precise! Academics isn't the only thing Universities seek for, they are concerned for your extra and co curricular activities as well (every US university). So with this, we have 3 favors and 2 counters now! :D

Reaction score
Seek perfection in what you do, not quantity ;)
we should look at maximum A*s, thats more worthwhile
but now even the best unis want something more than pure academics
so its a waste of time and money :p

But by simple 9 A*'s and Extra-curriculars, no one can hope to get into top Universities like Cambridge, Harvard or Yale.
There are loads of students who get that.

But to stand out from the rest, is a good thing. Only then it's possible to get accepted into top universities.

Reaction score
But by simple 9 A*'s and Extra-curriculars, no one can hope to get into top Universities like Cambridge, Harvard or Yale.

But to stand out from the rest, is a good thing. Only then it's possible to get accepted into top universities.
Eman Riaz Ahmed (Former student of Roots Millennium Islamabad) : 10 A's in O Levels, 8 A's in AS Level and 4 A's in A Levels, 4 Ivy leagues (co curricular), not really sure of her SAT score (which is 50% of criteria of US Universities for scholarship). She got a 100% scholarship at Harvard! Can you even believe it? (Not a counter against World Records but for your info of what really matters ;) )

Reaction score
Eman Riaz Ahmed (Former student of Roots Millennium Islamabad) : 10 A's in O Levels, 8 A's in AS Level and 4 A's in A Levels, 4 Ivy leagues (co curricular), not really sure of her SAT score (which is 50% of criteria of US Universities for scholarship). She got a 100% scholarship at Harvard! Can you even believe it? (Not a counter against World Records but for your info of what really matters ;) )
My cousin also got 100% scholarship at Harvard not sure about the results though :) Well he didnt get many A*s though

Reaction score
That's because for Universities in US, only 25% weightage is given to A Level results, while 25% to co and extra curriculars and the remaining 50% to SAT score (SAT weightage is just too damn high! :p )
You are right >.<

Reaction score

what if I tell you that you can :p
and what if I tell you that having 15 A*s does not guarantee any admission :p

Reaction score

no u can
i know a girl who had here igcse result in the 70s, but she had like mind-blowing extra curricular activities and she got admission in to Yale