• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O level Computer Studies (7010) -Problems

Reaction score
Haha no sir someone above asked what else they should know except the booklets so I quoted the answer... I replied him above by putting his name.. Btw sir what is electronic scabbing?

Electronic Scabbing is adapted from the slang term scab (a strike-breaker or one who crosses a strike line to work in place of striking employees), electronic scabbing refers to the practice used by managers and other executives when computer networks are used to transfer electronic documents (e.g., accounting, clerical, word processing, databases, records) to a non-striking workforce.

Reaction score
Hi i am Navid Saqib teaching computer studies of O level from last 19 years. if you have any Query or Question post it here .

Thanks
Navid Saqib
I want to know that some of my ans were going out of the line(like if there are 2 lines to ans any question,some of my words were going out of the 2 lines given) in comp p1 so will these words out of the line be considered and seen,marked by the examiners since the papers are now scanned and then marked ?

Reaction score
Sir I'm gonna give computer in Oct/Nov 2013
I have completed all my syllabus except programming: so can you tell me about Loops, can you please list all the loops that can be used in writing programs ?

P.S programming is the weakest area that needs to be covered for computer.
Will appreciate your help Navid Saqib

Reaction score
I am in In olevels i want guidance on wheather to go for project or paper 3 in computer studies keeping in mind that i have to give physics,chemistry,maths,english and computer studies in m/j 2014...also i live in rawalpindi can u tell me some good teachers for cs in pindi and in how much time we cover the course..any help would be appreciated..thanks

Reaction score
I have completed all my syllabus except programming: so can you tell me about Loops, can you please list all the loops that can be used in writing programs ?

You have got enough time. Go ahead and familiarise your self with basic programming concepts, although i know C, PHP, javascript but i recommend to you javascript as it is fairly easy and requires no installation.within a few weeks you will have most basic concepts of programming which will make your algorithms and pseudocodes as easy as breathing. You will know how variable functions loops and other basic parts of a language work so you will just need to know the standard way to write pseudocode and you are done. A few questions from past papers and then you are ready for most difficult question on the planet.
P.s i got A star :D

Reaction score
I am in In olevels i want guidance on wheather to go for project or paper 3 in computer studies keeping in mind that i have to give physics,chemistry,maths,english and computer studies in m/j 2014...also i live in rawalpindi can u tell me some good teachers for cs in pindi and in how much time we cover the course..any help would be appreciated..thanks
Even if you read cambridge coarse book for computer daily. Understand everything. Highlight every essential points. Then do past papers of at least ten years i can guarantee an A star. Only reason for failure on computers paper is lack of attention for this subject. People dont givr even 1/4 if the time they give to other subjects to computer.

Reaction score
Even if you read cambridge coarse book for computer daily. Understand everything. Highlight every essential points. Then do past papers of at least ten years i can guarantee an A star. Only reason for failure on computers paper is lack of attention for this subject. People dont givr even 1/4 if the time they give to other subjects to computer.
cambridge course is it a book? I have a blue book of cs cant remember the author...and what for the project thing?

Reaction score
thanks bro..by atp u mean paper 3? and the link is for igcse..is it the same for olevels
This book is recommended by cie on o level subject page. There is absolutely no difference in papers or syllabus. Papers of igcse and o level for same session are same.

Reaction score
Apart from the topics in the CIE booklets, what else should I know? For example as someone mentioned above, phishing and pharming.

The CIE booklets do not cover whole syllabus of Computer Studies 7010. To update oneself with the syllabus topics, one should go through syllabus contents first.

Reaction score
Haha no sir someone above asked what else they should know except the booklets so I quoted the answer... I replied him above by putting his name.. Btw sir what is electronic scabbing?

ELECTRONIC SCABBING
Adapted from the slang term scab (a strike-breaker or one who crosses a strike line to work in place of striking employees), electronic scabbing refers to the practice used by managers and other executives when computer networks are used to transfer electronic documents (e.g., accounting, clerical, word processing, databases, records) to a non-striking workforce

Reaction score

The following loops are used in programming.
1. While-Do-End While
2. For - Next
3. Repeat - until
4. Do Case - Otherwise - End Case

Reaction score
You have got enough time. Go ahead and familiarise your self with basic programming concepts, although i know C, PHP, javascript but i recommend to you javascript as it is fairly easy and requires no installation.within a few weeks you will have most basic concepts of programming which will make your algorithms and pseudocodes as easy as breathing. You will know how variable functions loops and other basic parts of a language work so you will just need to know the standard way to write pseudocode and you are done. A few questions from past papers and then you are ready for most difficult question on the planet.
P.s i got A star :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
okay, thanks ;):rolleyes:

Reaction score
Salam Sir Navid,
I'm appearing in M/J 2014. Although my Computer Subject is very weak. Its my final year in o level. Last week i saw CSS o level syllabus, I noticed that our school has only taught 1/3 of the syllabus. My brother is saying that many computer teachers dont teach properly so instead of wasting time you should start solving pastpapers with marking scheme.. Sir, whats your advice..? should i read a whole book or read your notes and start solving pastpapers...? For how many years should i solve Past Papers...?