• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O Level Islamiyat 2058 Paper 2 June 2012

Reaction score
I thought that during the exam, which is why i wrote about importance of musannaf. And no, if there's a person getting a deduction of 4 marks, its me. I'm definitely sure it was about sahih, hasan etc, especially since there wasn't any other question on the collection of hadith :cry: uhg i'm so screwed :(
I wrote the same answer!!! :(
DAMN!!!

Reaction score
Hey, and in question 4(b) focal mosque something type jo tha uss mein mosque ke importance likhne thi?

Reaction score
well....not necessarily ya akhi! the question was about how muslims prepare for prayer, so if you're writing from your own perspective dan its ayt! however think from the perspective of an imam or a muezzin, in Saudi, the Imam is the first to enter the mosque (before Adhan) and recites the Quran before the congregation prayer's to take place, particularly the verses he's going to recite *at least in my mosque*. So dere is no harm in writing about Adhan or even Iqamah , infact, consider the special preperations made for the Eid prayers......
Oh well, Ya Allah shower your peace and blessings on Prophet (s), Ahl-el-Bayt(s), Veterans of Badr(r), Sahaba(r), believers (the deceased and alive), Muslims, Humans, and us, Students. Ameen!
Please award us with the grade as per our hardwork!

Reaction score
Oh crap. I am freaking out here. Everytime I open one of these threads I have nightmares. I know the exam is done and gone... I shouldn't stress over it and should just hope for the best. I've screwed up in some of the points which I SHOULD have included. :eek:
Ughhhhh.. Stupid CIE. Stupid me

Reaction score
well....not necessarily ya akhi! the question was about how muslims prepare for prayer, so if you're writing from your own perspective dan its ayt! however think from the perspective of an imam or a muezzin, in Saudi, the Imam is the first to enter the mosque (before Adhan) and recites the Quran before the congregation prayer's to take place, particularly the verses he's going to recite *at least in my mosque*. So dere is no harm in writing about Adhan or even Iqamah , infact, consider the special preperations made for the Eid prayers......
Oh well, Ya Allah shower your peace and blessings on Prophet (s), Ahl-el-Bayt(s), Veterans of Badr(r), Sahaba(r), believers (the deceased and alive), Muslims, Humans, and us, Students. Ameen!
Please award us with the grade as per our hardwork!
My friend, the question was about how Muslims prepare, this did not include jurists, Imams, etc but only the common Muslims so Adhan, Iqamah, etc was not required. Examiner would have specifically mentioned if this question would have been about Imaams and Muezzins as you are saying. But still, the right answer would be told by the mark scheme, so lets wait for it.

Reaction score
My friend, the question was about how Muslims prepare, this did not include jurists, Imams, etc but only the common Muslims so Adhan, Iqamah, etc was not required. Examiner would have specifically mentioned if this question would have been about Imaams and Muezzins as you are saying. But still, the right answer would be told by the mark scheme, so lets wait for it.
It was just a reinforcement example, it was just meant to make da personthink about questions with a different perspective and a distinctive orientation. Well lets just suppose if youre talking abt a "common" muslim, your perception would be different from someone else's, cant a "common" muslim read Quran before prayers and try to learn new verses to be recited in his prayers? Just like how u think Imams and Jurists in hr eyes are co-related while i think a community's imam is not to be considered da Jurist Imam. Islamiat is as versatile as restrictive. And as far as Marking Scheme is concerned, i suggest that u read the first page, it says anything may be decided in discussion (and not being included in marking scheme) furthermore, if you've attempted the question from a different point of view but tho still valid will be accepted, depends upon how u develop ur answer and reflect ur "extensive" knowledge . PEACE. Nevertheless, i respect your opinion as well :) just consider how these deliberations help other members. (well positive tho, not wht goes in our assemblies -.-)

Reaction score
It was just a reinforcement example, it was just meant to make da personthink about questions with a different perspective and a distinctive orientation. Well lets just suppose if youre talking abt a "common" muslim, your perception would be different from someone else's, cant a "common" muslim read Quran before prayers and try to learn new verses to be recited in his prayers? Just like how u think Imams and Jurists in hr eyes are co-related while i think a community's imam is not to be considered da Jurist Imam. Islamiat is as versatile as restrictive. And as far as Marking Scheme is concerned, i suggest that u read the first page, it says anything may be decided in discussion (and not being included in marking scheme) furthermore, if you've attempted the question from a different point of view but tho still valid will be accepted, depends upon how u develop ur answer and reflect ur "extensive" knowledge . PEACE. Nevertheless, i respect your opinion as well :) just consider how these deliberations help other members. (well positive tho, not wht goes in our assemblies -.-)
Bro, a common muslim can recite Quran before prayer but that is not necessary. The question asked for what is to be done before prayer and without which the prayer would not be accepted!

Reaction score
Bro, a common muslim can recite Quran before prayer but that is not necessary. The question asked for what is to be done before prayer and without which the prayer would not be accepted!
ive got a lot to say, but i choose to restrict myself. To make long story short, ive got the following to say:- But you should know that Prayer's not accepted if a person has even slightest doubt about the validity of the corresponding prayer. Hence, the vital connection between Azan and the prayer being accepted.