• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Olevels urdu dilemma 🚨 (need advice)

Reaction score
Hi! So basically I'm an Urdu A student (since O1) and up till now, have given all my exams, assessments etc according to Urdu A syllabus and have scored really well. Due to certain circumstances, I feel the need to switch my subjects (posting this in Dec, 2023 and I'm in O3 rn so I have my Urdu cie in M/J 2024 series and my mids coming up literally next week).

Almost all my classmates have given Urdu B examinations in 2023 Oct/Nov series and the ones who were doing Urdu A, recently dropped it too because of the pressure. Moreover, I feel like Urdu A is highly reliant on rote-method of revision, so while I have satisfactory school grades in Urdu A at the moment, I don't want the endless revision of tankeedi/fikri fanni jaizas, specific author questions etc to become a hassle in the path of the other five subjects I have to give next year.

As I'm considering Urdu B as an option, can someone (who's giving Urdu B exam in M/J 2024) guide me on the new syllabus of Urdu B and any tips and tricks + resources I can use since there isn't much practice material on the new syllabus?

Thank you!!