• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
but what about the 3 constitutions+ the creation of Bangladesh? our teacher said that they are v.important, :unsure:

They are important if you're gonna go for Section three. If you're preparing section three. Prepare it as a whole. Don't leave any loopholes that will result in nothing else than you getting a bad grade. :)

Reaction score
One reason is administrative issues. The province and population was too large and was difficult to administer effectively. Dividing it into two smaller parts would make administration easier and solve their problems. Another was the growing Hindu threat ( Assassination attempts on British officers and growth of Hindu nationalism) which could grow to become a dangerous element in the future. So the British tried to pre-emptively take care of it before it became a problem for them. The final reason could be that they wanted to gain support of the Muslims to counter Hindus. Partitioning Bengal help improve relations between them by establishing a Muslim majority state.
thanx:)

Reaction score
Bengal was partitioned because of the following reasons:
-British claimed that it is very difficult to control over 54 Million population as a 1 unit, therefore British had to partition it.
-British had a Hindu thread which could become more stronger if they did partition Bengal, so eventually they had to partition it.

LEVEL 1: Simplistic statement: It wanted to be free
LEVEL 2: Identifies reasons: It was too large and Hindus were in the majority.
LEVEL 3: Explains reasons: Of the 54 million people in Bengal 42 million were Hindus. It seemed sensible to divide up the province on religious grounds and also because it was becoming very large and producing significant administrative problems. By doing this it was felt that the province would be easier to administer especially at the time of a new British government in power.
thanx:)

Reaction score
can someone tell me the difference between analysis and explanation in c parts in history and give me an example too plz.

Reaction score
can someone tell me the difference between analysis and explanation in c parts in history and give me an example too plz.
Analyse or discuss means that different views i.e positive and negative are to be given. All the different aspects have to be CLEARLY shown.
Explain simply requires the reasons for the occurence of a particular incident.
Remember, in c part always start with a simplistic statement and end with a conclusion. That will get u upto 2-3 marks!

But, ''explain'' comes in the paper as WHY and analyse/discuss now comes as ''HOW SUCCESSFULL...'' or a statement, ''The Montford Reforms were more important than any other political development between 1909 and 1919. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer.'' (Paper November 2011, Q3 c)

Reaction score
EXAMINER REPORT 2011, FOR A PART C QUESTION REGARDING THE DECLINE OF MUGHAL EMPIRE

'few candidates were able to score more than the maximum of 10 marks for Level 3.

The answers IDENTIFIED the reasons why the Empire declined, e.g. corrupt, weak successors, no law of
succession, the British etc., and achieved a mark in Level 2.

To achieve a mark in a higher level for a part (b) or part (c) question, answers need to EXPLAIN WHY these reasons failed to prevent the decline of the Empire.''

Reaction score
I'm also thinking of leaving sec 3 'cause its boring :p
I have told u before there is no use of doing sec 3 as in the end u will leave question 3. It's better to do other 2 sections perfectly so that u don't have to choose sec3.:)

Reaction score
hey!:) could you advise, is this correct? :
''Relief Rainfall is when the wind is forced to cool as it is getting higher because it is hitting high mountainous areas and then as it starts to lower again because it is not over mountainous areas it condenses and turns into rain. This is called relief rainfall because the cloud is being relieved of the rain that it was forced to make.'':confused: this was written in the notes i got! :unsure:

check this out..

and what you typed if its an answer share that question!! :D