• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
v hv tO mentiOn frOm the tym the revelatiOnz started till the tym ov Hazrat ABu Bakr's caliphate vn the Quran was cOmpiled in a bfOrm ov cOmplete boOk
(a) Give an account of how the Qur’an developed into book form. [10]
Candidates should give a detailed account of how the Qur’an was collected, mentioning that
it was revealed, was written on bone and leaves and subsequently collated. They should also
be able to mention the names of the people involved in the process. The order of the answer
and accuracy will determine the levels.
Candidates could mention the revelation was received by the Prophet Muhammad from the
Angel Jibril aurally as he could not read or write. They could also mention how the
companions of the Prophet would write verses they heard from the Prophet onto pieces of
animal skin and parts of bone. Candidates should also mention what happened after the
Prophet’s death, that it was suggested by ‘Umar to Abu Bakr that the verses be collected
after many of the recitors of the Qur’an had died in the battle of Yamamah. At first Abu Bakr
was hesitant to do something the Prophet had not done, but then asked the companion Zaid
ibn Thabit to collect the various parts.
The collected parts stayed in the possession of Abu Bakr. When he died, ‘Umar had them
and after his death, they remained with Umar’s daughter, Hafsah. It was this collection that
was used by the Caliph ‘Uthman to compile them into one book which was sent around the
various parts of the expanding Muslim world. Candidates should relate this story with details
of what happened during ‘Uthman’s time for him to order the distribution of the Qur’an.
(b) What is the significance to Muslims today of having the Qur’an in the form of a book?[4]
Candidates could mention that having the Qur’an in book form ensures a standard copy.
Having a standardised copy also lessens the likelihood of it being reproduced with mistakes.
They could also mention that if the Qur’an had not been collected into book form, parts may
have been lost. It also suggests unity between Muslims, e.g. they use the same book, they
read it in its original language even if that language is not their own. The practical benefits
include that copies can be carried by individuals, and referred to with ease. To achieve
higher levels candidates must refer to the relevance of the Qur’an to people’s lives today,
how it is used in their daily lives.
Candidates can be credited for mentioning other points not mentioned above as long as they
are relevant and insightful.

Reaction score
I have a doubt for islamiyat 2058 paper....
our teacher has only taught us the 6 books of hadith and not the 4 books of shia thought
she also taught us only Prophet(SAW)'s grand children (Hasan and Husain) and not the 12 imams of shia thought
will they come in the exam? should i only learn sunni thought or both?
is there a choice for shia and sunni in the exam?

Reaction score
hey guys small doubt in geo: is ''Placer Mining'' and ''Hand Panning'' included? and if yes then could someone plzz explain it?:unsure:

Reaction score
hey guys small doubt in geo: is ''Placer Mining'' and ''Hand Panning'' included? and if yes then could someone plzz explain it?:unsure:
I don't think it is included.
As far as i think there are only:
1)Adit mining.
2)open mining.
3)Shaft mining.

Reaction score
I don't think it is included.
As far as i think there are only:
1)Adit mining.
2)open mining.
3)Shaft mining.

they were mentioned in notes so i just wanted to re-confirm before stdyng them! Thanks for the info!:)

Reaction score
our teacher has only taught us the 6 books of hadith and not the 4 books of shia thought
she also taught us only Prophet(SAW)'s grand children (Hasan and Husain) and not the 12 imams of shia thought
As far as i think u should learn the names of 4 books of Shia and their compilers and the biographies of Holy Prophet(SAW)'s grand children and the names of other 12 imams.
I hope this would be enough for it.

Reaction score

In the Syllabus 2012, its written:
....'' The first Islamic community
Candidates should study:
• his descendants, including his children, grandchildren and the direct line recognised among Shi‘a
Muslims as Imams.'' (there are more aswell, but according to your question..)
......''The history and importance of the Hadiths
Candidates should study:
• the history of the compilation of the Hadiths
• the earliest collections
• the main musnad and musannaf collections
• the main compilers and their activities
• The methods based on examination of the chain of transmitters (isnad) and the text (matn) of a Hadith to
test the reliability of the Hadith
• The main features of the six collections of Sunni Hadiths and the four collections of Shi‘a Hadiths
• The major themes of the Hadiths as these are contained both in the passages set for special study and
in other similar passages
• their use in legal thinking, and their relationship with the Qur’an, consensus (ijma‘) and analogy (qiyas)
• their significance in thought and action in Islam.''

hope this helps you! And yes, as far as i know there is a sunni/ shia choice in the paper!:)

Reaction score
Quoting from ''FAQ 2012 onwards 2058''

Q: ''When questions about the compilation of the Hadith are asked will candidates be expected to answer from a Sunni or a Shi’i perspective or from both?''

A: ''Candidates are able to answer the question according to what they know and what is relevant to the question, whether this be Sunni or Shi'i.''

gud luck!

Reaction score
Quoting from ''FAQ 2012 onwards 2058''

Q: ''When questions about the compilation of the Hadith are asked will candidates be expected to answer from a Sunni or a Shi’i perspective or from both?''

A: ''Candidates are able to answer the question according to what they know and what is relevant to the question, whether this be Sunni or Shi'i.''

gud luck!

omg thank you so much Ella! :)
this means i shall go through all compiled books + all imams just to be on the safe side...
and i'll give my exam this may/june and u cleared my doubt!
thanks a lot! :D

Reaction score
Quran as a reflection of nature
(how quran invites muslims towards thinking, observing deeply)

What do we have to write in this?? Plz answer asap!

Reaction score
Quran as a reflection of nature
(how quran invites muslims towards thinking, observing deeply)

What do we have to write in this?? Plz answer asap!
Can you tell us the specific question,the question u gave is incomplete!!;)

Reaction score
I did my syllabus too...:p I'm not completely relying on his guesses :)
A wise decision! :p Here is what i found:

The Holy Quran, in Ayah 49 of Sura Bagharah, states: "Do you invite and order people to piety and good doing while forgetting yourselves, even as you read the Book? Will you not use your reason and intellect?".

The Holy Quran freed the human mind from illusions and dispelled the darkness that prevented the perception of universal truth and the divine blessings conferred on mankind. The theory of knowledge in the Quran is thus based on equality, complementarity and the balance between quantity and quality, spirit and matter, cause and effect. The Quran set a relationship between perceptions, mind and psyche and called for using our senses of hearing and seeing.

The Holy Quran urges us to ponder the creation of the heavens and the earth, life, the universe, and Man. This pondering is the source of life.The Holy Quran elevated the position of the mind and recorded that neglecting this mind in the world is a cause for punishment in the hereafter. Speaking on behalf of those who went astray and did not use their minds to recognize the truth and embrace it, the Quran says: "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we should not [now] be among the Companions of the Blazing Fire!" (Al-Mulk, 10)

The inherent call of the Quran is based on reflection upon the heavens and the earth, recognizing the might and power of Allah (SWT) in creation, how He creates then re-creates, and how He resurrects mankind for the final call. The Quran invites all people, no exceptions made, to ponder the creation of the heavens and the earth and of mankind, to use senses and mind, take interest in mathematics, architecture, astronomy, trade and algebra, move from theory to practice, and seeking evidence. With such an emphasis, the terms related to knowledge and science appear repeatedly in the Holy Quran:

(See) appears 322 time, (perceive) appears 99 times, (learn) appears 34 times, (know) appears 8030 times, (remember) appears 247 times, (comprehend) appears 20 times, (mind) appears 48 times, (think) appears 19 times, (understanding) appears 16 times, (judgment) appears 19 times, (disputing) appears 69 times, and (argument) appears 29 times.

Thus, the Holy Quran, with its radiance, abundant flow and extraordinary verses denoting Allah's wisdom in His Creation and calling for reflection, seeking knowledge and acquiring sciences, has and will continue to exist as long as life exists on the Earth. It shall continue as a source of knowledge, an axis of intel-lectual activity, a permanent invitation to ijtihad to keep pace with the march of life, learn and seek the prosperity of human knowledge.

Hope this helps you out! (PS: see the like button down there?;)) Guud Luck!

Reaction score
A wise decision! :p Here is what i found:

The Holy Quran, in Ayah 49 of Sura Bagharah, states: "Do you invite and order people to piety and good doing while forgetting yourselves, even as you read the Book? Will you not use your reason and intellect?".

The Holy Quran freed the human mind from illusions and dispelled the darkness that prevented the perception of universal truth and the divine blessings conferred on mankind. The theory of knowledge in the Quran is thus based on equality, complementarity and the balance between quantity and quality, spirit and matter, cause and effect. The Quran set a relationship between perceptions, mind and psyche and called for using our senses of hearing and seeing.

The Holy Quran urges us to ponder the creation of the heavens and the earth, life, the universe, and Man. This pondering is the source of life.The Holy Quran elevated the position of the mind and recorded that neglecting this mind in the world is a cause for punishment in the hereafter. Speaking on behalf of those who went astray and did not use their minds to recognize the truth and embrace it, the Quran says: "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we should not [now] be among the Companions of the Blazing Fire!" (Al-Mulk, 10)

The inherent call of the Quran is based on reflection upon the heavens and the earth, recognizing the might and power of Allah (SWT) in creation, how He creates then re-creates, and how He resurrects mankind for the final call. The Quran invites all people, no exceptions made, to ponder the creation of the heavens and the earth and of mankind, to use senses and mind, take interest in mathematics, architecture, astronomy, trade and algebra, move from theory to practice, and seeking evidence. With such an emphasis, the terms related to knowledge and science appear repeatedly in the Holy Quran:

(See) appears 322 time, (perceive) appears 99 times, (learn) appears 34 times, (know) appears 8030 times, (remember) appears 247 times, (comprehend) appears 20 times, (mind) appears 48 times, (think) appears 19 times, (understanding) appears 16 times, (judgment) appears 19 times, (disputing) appears 69 times, and (argument) appears 29 times.(19)

Thus, the Holy Quran, with its radiance, abundant flow and extraordinary verses denoting Allah's wisdom in His Creation and calling for reflection, seeking knowledge and acquiring sciences, has and will continue to exist as long as life exists on the Earth. It shall continue as a source of knowledge, an axis of intel-lectual activity, a permanent invitation to ijtihad to keep pace with the march of life, learn and seek the prosperity of human knowledge.

Hope this helps you out! (PS: see the like button down there?;)) Guud Luck!
Hm.... nyc answer dude, and i have seen ur like button! ;)
:cool: