• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
(See) appears 322 time, (perceive) appears 99 times, (learn) appears 34 times, (know) appears 8030 times, (remember) appears 247 times, (comprehend) appears 20 times, (mind) appears 48 times, (think) appears 19 times, (understanding) appears 16 times, (judgment) appears 19 times, (disputing) appears 69 times, and (argument) appears 29 times.(19)
How do you learn this?

Reaction score
so.. how much time u guys use for each question in history and islamiyat?
around:
3mins to 4marks
10mins to 7marks
15mins to 14marks
2marks for additional time.
Overall 30mins each question of history.

Haven't accurately measured the time of questions in Islamiat.

Reaction score
around:
3mins to 4marks
10mins to 7marks
15mins to 14marks
2marks for additional time.
Overall 30mins each question of history.

Haven't accurately measured the time of questions in Islamiat.

Agreeing to the above,:) and if ure prepared then in islamiat the Q1 and Q2 (in both papers), shudnt take more than 15-20 mints! the other 2 choice questions can be easily attempted in 20-25 mints each. So if u go that way, then ure done in 1 hour and that gives u 30 mints for revisions and additions and in case there is a though question! if u keep this limit of 20 mints in ur mind, i'm sure u willl manage it! And u will be assured that u have those 30 mints aswell.. coz time pressure isnt gud for answerz!
hope i cud help..:)

Reaction score
Agreeing to the above,:) and if ure prepared then in islamiat the Q1 and Q2 (in both papers), shudnt take more than 15-20 mints! the other 2 choice questions can be easily attempted in 20-25 mints each. So if u go that way, then ure done in 1 hour and that gives u 30 mints for revisions and additions and in case there is a though question! if u keep this limit of 20 mints in ur mind, i'm sure u willl manage it! And u will be assured that u have those 30 mints aswell.. coz time pressure isnt gud for answerz!
hope i cud help..:)
20 mins for both Q1 and Q2??!! wow, takes me 25 mins for part a of Q2..

Reaction score
20 mins for both Q1 and Q2??!! wow, takes me 25 mins for part a of Q2..
well.. every body has different abilities and styles.. in my opinion, Q2 is usually a straight question, wich simply needs knowledge at your fingertips! For example, ''Q2a: Describe how the two main sources of Islamic legal thinking are related (10)'' now this is simply, quran and hadith briefly explained and then how they support each other. So, if ure prepared properly and be quick in writing i'm sure you can do it in 10 mints or mayb less! just put ure heart in it..!

Reaction score
@Ella I have another question, i don't seem to bother you, do i?
well, reguarding the answering pattern, what is the minimum length when answering a 10 marks question or a 4 marks question. just wanted to know so i can write the exact answer within the given space limit.

Reaction score
@Ella I have another question, i don't seem to bother you, do i?
well, reguarding the answering pattern, what is the minimum length when answering a 10 marks question or a 4 marks question. just wanted to know so i can write the exact answer within the given space limit.
Bother, No way,:)
for 10 marks, at least 2 pages! best wud be 2 and half for 10 mark.. and about half or a bit more for 4 but never more than 1 page. Try getting in as many FACTS as possible, no stories.. and at the end its Quality not Quantity that counts more..! and as per the specimen paper, there is a space of 2- 2.5 pages after every question. So if u stick to topic, InshAllah u willl have no problem in giving a brilliant answer within space, and dnt write after the lines given, the examiner doest read that! if u think the space is running out super-ssquueezzeee the writing!:D

for example, quoting from ''FAQ 2011 onwards 2058''
''Q: How will marks be awarded for Question 1 in Paper 1?
A: The method of marking asks examiners not to look for individual points but for the overall quality of an answer. That is the difference between levels and points marking. So the candidate should not think of making 4 points in order to gain 4 marks, but of showing deep knowledge and understanding about the passage, firstly concerning the main theme it contains, and secondly concerning the special way it expresses that theme.''

hope i cud help!:) share any other doubts u have.. :)

Reaction score
All streams of CIE require relevant andd to-the-point answers. Thats one of the main features of this education system--> grooming intellectual STUDENTS and not PHOTOCOPY MACHINES that copy the whole textbook into the paper...! that is a main difference between O/L + IG against Matriculation System.
hope i cud clear ur doubt..!

NIM

Reaction score
All streams of CIE require relevant andd to-the-point answers. Thats one of the main features of this education system--> grooming intellectual STUDENTS and not PHOTOCOPY MACHINES that copy the whole textbook into the paper...! that is a main difference between O/L + IG against Matriculation System.
hope i cud clear ur doubt..!
ya thnx...