• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys i also want to ask that for A star how many times we have to do the pastpapers? like i would have done them completely 2 times before the exams in may(geo,his and isl)! 2 times would be enough??& in geo i find the first chapter quite difficult specially learing those maps! i have even tried ratta but this too hasnt worked for me! i have no clue what so ever how to learn the maps and remember cities and every time in the paper they g ive a different one and it too hard to name the city,province etc location.. please help me:(
jst study them closely and do them over n over again on different sheets . n the cities r specific , mentioned in the syllabus , jst learn them n use the variations on the course of rivers and the borders to locate things
hope that may help:cool:

Reaction score
hey folks tomorrow is my mock paper of history....i am confused between pastpapers and book! should i start doing past papers or just learn form the book?which would be more helpful??

Reaction score
wc
Ans. failure:
- cripps mission
- gandhi jinnah talks
- simla conference
progress:
- pakistan resolution
- british realized that minoritues should be protected- cripps mission
- congress accepted league equaliant to itself- gandhi jinnah talks
- every one agreed on the intial propsal of simla conference
conclusion:
- disagree, there was signifcant progress but not very prominent
- although many of the events during this timeline failed but they all reflected some of the progress towards independence.

Do we have to mention both the failure and the progress?

Reaction score
Hey guys Assalam-o-Aleikum :)

I am appearing in the May/June session and i have 3 questions.

Firstly i wanted to ask about time management in History paper.It gets really hard to give your full knowledge in just 1h30 minutes and i always end up taking some time extra.I know this won't be allowed in Cambridge so i am asking on how to increase my speed.Also is Handwriting important?I always end up writing really fast,small and in half-letters towards the end and my hands start to ache real bad.kabhi kabhar to moch bhi ajati hai o_O!Also is it right to focus more on sec 1 n 2.3 is kinda long and only 2 questions come so i was thinking of focusing mostly on 1 and 2 and reading uptil Ayub's Regime in Sec 3.

Secondly i have problems in Urdu.I am able to get an A barely but i want to score A*s in all 3 subjects.How should i improve my vocabulary?I am currently reading all passages in Mujib-ur-rehman,but i still want to increase my capacity.Also i have problems in P2 Comprehension and Summary.Any tips on how to attempt them.

Lastly do you think it is vital to take tuitions?I mean I am fine in all 3 subjects(bit behind in Urdu),and am hopefully aiming for Straight 3 A*s.All of my class fellows take tuitions and i am the only one who hasn't taken them ever.Are they overrated and only required when you really need them and do you think i can improve simply through home studies?

Thank you and replies will be greatly appreciated!(y)

Reaction score

Firstly i wanted to ask about time management in History paper.It gets really hard to give your full knowledge in just 1h30 minutes and i always end up taking some time extra.I know this won't be allowed in Cambridge so i am asking on how to increase my speed.Also is Handwriting important?I always end up writing really fast,small and in half-letters towards the end and my hands start to ache real bad.kabhi kabhar to moch bhi ajati hai o_O!Also is it right to focus more on sec 1 n 2.3 is kinda long and only 2 questions come so i was thinking of focusing mostly on 1 and 2 and reading uptil Ayub's Regime in Sec 3.

Secondly i have problems in Urdu.I am able to get an A barely but i want to score A*s in all 3 subjects.How should i improve my vocabulary?I am currently reading all passages in Mujib-ur-rehman,but i still want to increase my capacity.Also i have problems in P2 Comprehension and Summary.Any tips on how to attempt them.

Lastly do you think it is vital to take tuitions?I mean I am fine in all 3 subjects(bit behind in Urdu),and am hopefully aiming for Straight 3 A*s.All of my class fellows take tuitions and i am the only one who hasn't taken them ever.Are they overrated and only required when you really need them and do you think i can improve simply through home studies?

firstly, practice ur writing speed. Learn how to summarize things, in this way u will be able to say most in less words n will be awarded high scores. Now practice past papers with timer. Or intially u may start with setting a timer of 30 minutes n solve a question in history. It will take time n patience to improve ur writing speed. For handwriting, it should be legible. there is no problem in skipping sec 3 but read sec 1 n 2 perfectly.
Secondly for urdu, u must score well in both papers. learn techniques of attempting both papers n read alot of books, other than course books. I have given urdu in november 2012 n got an A just cuz of comprehnsion n summary. I did really well in paper 1 which saved me from B or lower. these two require alot of practice. ask ur teacher for some tips.
tutions r not important at all. it depends on ur learning style. if u really need someone to keep an eye on you and help u in revision process u may take it. I also never took tutuions and still managed to get high grades. So thats not a compulsion. If u r regular n attentive in school i don't think u will ever need them.

Reaction score

firstly try ur best to summarise thing and now use timer because time is short , listen to some talk shows <if u have time> bc they really increase ur vocabulary and i would say that in section 3 , jst have a clear concept that what happened , u can ask any of ur friend to summarise the whole topic e.g zia ul haq n tll u , like this u will remember everythnig. lastly im also taking tuitions , u dont get to know ur mistakes unless any one doesnt check ur work , so i would say that u must have some tutions , im also givng exams in may june , best of luck:)

Reaction score
firstly, practice ur writing speed. Learn how to summarize things, in this way u will be able to say most in less words n will be awarded high scores. Now practice past papers with timer. Or intially u may start with setting a timer of 30 minutes n solve a question in history. It will take time n patience to improve ur writing speed. For handwriting, it should be legible. there is no problem in skipping sec 3 but read sec 1 n 2 perfectly.
Secondly for urdu, u must score well in both papers. learn techniques of attempting both papers n read alot of books, other than course books. I have given urdu in november 2012 n got an A just cuz of comprehnsion n summary. I did really well in paper 1 which saved me from B or lower. these two require alot of practice. ask ur teacher for some tips.
tutions r not important at all. it depends on ur learning style. if u really need someone to keep an eye on you and help u in revision process u may take it. I also never took tutuions and still managed to get high grades. So thats not a compulsion. If u r regular n attentive in school i don't think u will ever need them.

Thanks,i'll set the timer and attempt papers.But who should i ask to check them?Or should i consult marking scheme and just mark by myself?

Reaction score
Kindly someone answer the followin questions!
What role India played in the break up of Pakistan? Why would this war only restricted to East Pakistan? (14)
What was Zia's islamization? How did his Islamisation corroded the basic fabric of Islam? (14)
Why did Afghanistan oppose Pak's entry to UN in 1947? (7)
Why was Bhutto executed?(4)
Why did former USSR invade Afgahanistan in 1979? What was the result of invasion? (7)

Reaction score
asadalam mark them urself with marking schemes or ask ur teacher to check them or post ur scanned answers here to get comments and possible level of ur answer. i m available here for helping u n try my best to do so in every case.uote="asadalam, post: 456613, member: 56286"]Thanks,i'll set the timer and attempt papers.But who should i ask

Reaction score
asadalam mark them urself with marking schemes or ask ur teacher to check them or post ur scanned answers here to get comments and possible level of ur answer. i m available here for helping u n try my best to do so in every case.uote="asadalam, post: 456613, member: 56286"]Thanks,i'll set the timer and attempt papers.But who should i ask
Thanks.I'll start with the November 12 paper soon.Just going through book and redspot.I'll scan the papers and then ask you.Again,thanks a lot!:)

Reaction score
Thanks.I'll start with the November 12 paper soon.Just going through book and redspot.I'll scan the papers and then ask you.Again,thanks a lot!:)
u r welcome! Let me give u a free advice, do not rely on ratta answers especiallly from redspot. Instead use these answers n books to understand answering techniques n develope ur own answer.