• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
w
can any1 plz check my answer (CIE pakstudies P1 june2004 Q3 b)
Q3b)Why was Congress rule of 1937-39 so hated by the muslims?
Ans : Muslims were treated cruelly.Many measures and anti-muslim policies were introduced by the Hindus to hurt Muslim culture and identity. Band-e-Mataram,a Hindu nationalist song was made compulsory to sing in the morning before official work started.The lyrics of the song were aimed at motivating Hindus to expel Muslims from 'Hindustan'.Secondly,an educational scheme in the name of Wardha scheme was introduced which purported that hindi should be the medium of education and there was to be no religious education which were strongly resented by the Muslims.Most importantly,Muslim students were made to bow before the portrait of Gandhi as a mark of reverence.Besides Muslims had no freedom to observe their religious rites as Azan and slaughtering cows was forbidden.Muslims were also victimized to riots in which their property was burnt.
(plz check my answer as per Cambridge format and also grade it.i would be really thankful if any one points out my mistakes and informs me of some improvements which are to be made to make this answer excellent and worth A*
what i think is that ur points are all relevant. however i cannot grade it well cuz ur answer is just identifying of a lot of reasons. if u right it in proper format then i can mark. Explain no more than 3 factors. if this is ur final answer, it cannot be no more than 3 marks as its just identification no explaination.

Reaction score
One Question:
Was the Cripps Mission in 1942 the most important factor during the 1940s that led to
the partition of the sub-continent in 1947? Give reasons for your answer./14 W08 Q3.c

In this what events do what have to write down?Pakistan Resolution,Cripps Mission,Gandhi-Jinnah Talks,Simla Conference,Cabinet Mission Plan,3 rd June Plan should all be included?Can someone give a complete answer to this question?

Reaction score
Hey masterminds if I upload articles of Islamiat on Jihad etc can you mark them? I'll also be glad if you could tell me what is missing in it.

Reaction score
One Question:
Was the Cripps Mission in 1942 the most important factor during the 1940s that led to
the partition of the sub-continent in 1947? Give reasons for your answer./14 W08 Q3.c

In this what events do what have to write down?Pakistan Resolution,Cripps Mission,Gandhi-Jinnah Talks,Simla Conference,Cabinet Mission Plan,3 rd June Plan should all be included?Can someone give a complete answer to this question?
complete answer wuld just spoil ur writing skills ( i hope u know what i mean) so instead i will give u an outline.
the events u have mentioned all must be included. What u have to do is to dicuss in detail the cripps mission. Then following chronological order, explain all the events i.e. how each led to partition? After cripps mision, briefly explain each event and end ur answer with a suitable conclusion.
Let me clear one thing that conclusions are self made, not copied from someone. It is something ur own opinion which is considered correct only when justification is provided. So if u give a conclusion which is considered generally wrong but still manage to justify it i.e give an appropriate explaination of ur choice u will be awarded marks.
I am telling this cuz i have seen many people asking for giving them a ready-made conclusion.

Reaction score
the
w
what i think is that ur points are all relevant. however i cannot grade it well cuz ur answer is just identifying of a lot of reasons. if u right it in proper format then i can mark. Explain no more than 3 factors. if this is ur final answer, it cannot be no more than 3 marks as its just identification no explaination.
then what would be its explanation?

Reaction score
the

then what would be its explanation?
explaination is telling how each factor caused to a specific event. To ur question it is that i.e how warda scheme or anything else caused the hatred for congress rule.
Let me give u an example.
Warda scheme introduced by congress was one of the reasons to why congress rule was hated. It particularly offeneded muslims as the changes it brought to the indian education system were anti islamic. The school students were forced to bow to potrait of Gandhi. Furthermore, religion studies were omited from the syllabus and instead cotton spinning was added. These were seen as attempts to convert muslim children to hinduism or atleast keep muslim children away from the knowledge of religion, removing love for islam in their hearts. So once muslims realized that their future generations were being spoiled and their religion was being harmed, a natural hatred for congress rule grew.
Give similar explaination for atleast 3 reason in tiatl to complete 7 mark answer. Note, it is better to clearly state that ....this was a reason for ----- or something similar. This guarantees u marks for identification of reason.
One more thing, do not totally rely on mark schemes for answers. They are just to provide u the bases or reasons which may be included in the answer. U have to elaborate them urself to get high marks.

Reaction score
bt t
explaination is telling how each factor caused to a specific event. To ur question it is that i.e how warda scheme or anything else caused the hatred for congress rule.
Let me give u an example.
Warda scheme introduced by congress was one of the reasons to why congress rule was hated. It particularly offeneded muslims as the changes it brought to the indian education system were anti islamic. The school students were forced to bow to potrait of Gandhi. Furthermore, religion studies were omited from the syllabus and instead cotton spinning was added. These were seen as attempts to convert muslim children to hinduism or atleast keep muslim children away from the knowledge of religion, removing love for islam in their hearts. So once muslims realized that their future generations were being spoiled and their religion was being harmed, a natural hatred for congress rule grew.
Give similar explaination for atleast 3 reason in tiatl to complete 7 mark answer. Note, it is better to clearly state that ....this was a reason for ----- or something similar. This guarantees u marks for identification of reason.
One more thing, do not totally rely on mark schemes for answers. They are just to provide u the bases or reasons which may be included in the answer. U have to elaborate them urself to get high marks.
bt the answer booklet for these questions do not have enough space for much elaboration.olevels is all about being precise,concise and to the point.

Reaction score
bt t

bt the answer booklet for these questions do not have enough space for much elaboration.olevels is all about being precise,concise and to the point.
whereas i know u need to have high writing speed instead of space cuz u have enough space on answer booklet. u r right with o levels being precise. If u r able to cover good explaination in less words, that excellent. Actaully i m not very good in summarizing. So for me writing speed matters more. One more thing, if u were given llimited lines to answer each question in history as in geography, then ur answer must be dependednt on lines.

Reaction score
Papers 003.jpgPapers 004.jpgPapers 005.jpgPapers 006.jpgPapers 007.jpgPapers 008.jpg Papers.jpg
Ok so i did the November 2012 Paper Q1,2 with a couple minutes to spare.
Here are the scans of the answers.Hope that you guys can grade them,and give your comments:

Reaction score
Reaction score
Someone pls grade this n leme knw abt my weaknesses, Ty !
Why the rule of Congress ministries was hated by the Muslims?
Congress rule was seen as a period of 'Congress tyranny' for a no. of reasons. Bandemataram, an anti-Muslim song was introduced n this was to be sung in schools as well as befor starting any official work. The song encouraged to expell the muslims from India by calling it 'hindustan'. This song caused a feelin of resentment among the Muslims n they began to hate the congress rule.
The wardha education scheme was introduced accordin to which all educatin was to b in Hindi. Religious edu was banned n spinnin cotton was added to the curriculum. Evryone had to bow before Gandhi's potrait which was hung in institutes. Muslims felt agitated as they saw it an attempt to subvert Islam.
Furthermore slaughterin of cows was banned. processions were held outsied mosques. Pigs were often forced into the mosques. Loud proclaimation of Azan was banned and Muslims wre discoureged from praying. Muslims felt thta they were forcibly convertin them to Hinduism therefore hatred grew for Congress rule.