• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
plz can anyone tell me da paper pattern of pak studies paper 2. and also can i leave section 3 whole of history for my cie exam?
for history, u can still attempt the paper by skipping section 3 but ur choice will be restricted. U have to cover sec 1 n 2 perfectly, do jot leave even a single point.
for paper 2 each question carries 25 marks n u have to attempt any three from 5. Each question is normally divided into 3-5 parts. Atleast one of them is a 6 mark question often asking for comparison, explaination or advantages/disadvantages. Till now the marking of paper 2 is on the basis of points i.e 3 marks for 3 points however as expected by 2015 level marking will be used for marking 6 mark questions.

Reaction score
ould you answer this question please:
1. Why did the Muslim League and Congress oppose Government Of India Act 1935? (7)

Are these points correct:
1. No immediate dominion status(demanded by Congress in the Nehru report).
2. Power was still retained by the governer and viceroy who could still pass any any law he chose.

Reaction score
Someone pls grade this n leme knw abt my weaknesses, Ty !
Why the rule of Congress ministries was hated by the Muslims?
Congress rule was seen as a period of 'Congress tyranny' for a no. of reasons. Bandemataram, an anti-Muslim song was introduced n this was to be sung in schools as well as befor starting any official work. The song encouraged to expell the muslims from India by calling it 'hindustan'. This song caused a feelin of resentment among the Muslims n they began to hate the congress rule.
The wardha education scheme was introduced accordin to which all educatin was to b in Hindi. Religious edu was banned n spinnin cotton was added to the curriculum. Evryone had to bow before Gandhi's potrait which was hung in institutes. Muslims felt agitated as they saw it an attempt to subvert Islam.
Furthermore slaughterin of cows was banned. processions were held outsied mosques. Pigs were often forced into the mosques. Loud proclaimation of Azan was banned and Muslims wre discoureged from praying. Muslims felt thta they were forcibly convertin them to Hinduism therefore hatred grew for Congress rule.
l3/5 for first, l3/6 for second and l3/7 for third. 7/7 :)

Reaction score
View attachment 21786View attachment 21787View attachment 21788View attachment 21789View attachment 21790View attachment 21791 View attachment 21785
Ok so i did the November 2012 Paper Q1,2 with a couple minutes to spare.
Here are the scans of the answers.Hope that you guys can grade them,and give your comments:
no more than l3 for ur first question. u need to learn how to answer a 14 marks question.
don't give a conclusion in the beginning. start directly like this.
Indian resistance was not successful in many places. Firstly, in battle of........(how the indians try to resist and failed)..therefore the resistance in ... was not successful.
Secondary, in battle of........(how the indians try to resist and failed)..therefore the resistance in ... was not successful.
....(l3)
However not all resistance failed(start of l4)....
(partly success of tipu sultan)
sometimes, no resistance was shown at all! such as at french lands etc.
so for 7 reasons u get l4/13.
the conclusion is not just summary. relate how the events relate to future and tell whether or not the resistance was success. in this case it was not.(l5/14)

u need to tell at end of each reason how it relates to question. not just that it fell into british hands. this was the most generous marking i could do. l3/10. examiner won't do it.

Reaction score
View attachment 21786View attachment 21787View attachment 21788View attachment 21789View attachment 21790View attachment 21791 View attachment 21785
Ok so i did the November 2012 Paper Q1,2 with a couple minutes to spare.
Here are the scans of the answers.Hope that you guys can grade them,and give your comments:
no need of extra points in 4 marks question. make it compact u don't have time in papers.
l3/7(full) in 7 marks question. don't waste time in 4 reasons. the examiner won't even read the last one(like i did not)
dont make a list of events. tell me the exact question of 14 marks before i mark it.
last 7 marks question was poor. i second reason u did not explained and described the reason. u need it to get to the level 3. if the second reason is not l3 then it is given no marks. so l3/5 only. write 7 reasons. first describe them, then explain them. at last reelate how that relates which the question. do it again. it's better for u.

Reaction score
read this before giving me any further question to check. do it like this to get full marks. read it carefully.
Xohaib ANwar asadalam funky brat
4 marks:
in simple words 4 facts are required. a line which has some fact is a simple statement and a line with two facts is a developed statement. u get 1 marks for each simple statement and 2 for each developed statement. if line has more than 2 facts, i.e has 4 facts in a single line, u will get only 2 as that is still developed statement. so write 5 lines with 1 fact in each or write 2 developed statements and a simple statement to keep ur self on a safer side. That would be marked as 4/4.

7 marks:
it has problem of levels. They say that answers are marked according to the level of answer not by points but actually they now want u to write each point of highest level.
level 1: is simple statement that as some relation with the question. they would give u a mark for atleast attempting.
level 2: is when u are able to identify a reason or wrote reasons as a list or each line has some reasons. it starts with 3 and and for each reason u get 1 more mark. when ur reasons reach a maximum of 3, no further marks are given. highest marks are l2/5.
level 3: is when u not just write reasons but also explain how it is related to the question. they start with l3/5 direct. like if u wrote a single reason and tell what is was u'll get 5/7. so for each mark u'll get 1 more mark and would reach a maximum of 7/7.
example: why mughal empire declined?
l1: because it was weak
l2: there were long and costly wars. there were successions and infights. the kings had extravagant life style.
l3: describes the reason first: long and costly wars such as deccan wars with marathas. then explain how it led to the decline of mughal empire: like extragant life style made empire bankrupt(empty treasury), successions led to infights and little attention was paid to the other enemies. the army declined. emperor remained away from capital. so this led to the decline of empire.

14 Marks Question:
it requires u that u write 7 reasons which are like those mentioned above as l3. but here l3 and l4 are written the same way. just say it is higher level of l3. then u say why is there l4. the reason is that there are always two sides in each 14 marks question. favour and against. so favour is l3 and against is l4. l3 starts with l3/7 and can go to 9 if u write 3 reasons in favour
and to 10 if u write 4. when u give other side that becomes l4 which can start from l4/10 or l4/11. so 7 reasons with three/four in favour and three/four in against would earn u 13. conclusion is l5 which means that give ur opinion. but they say that it must not have repetition or summary, but after giving opinion relate how that event is important for future events.

Reaction score
no need of extra points in 4 marks question. make it compact u don't have time in papers.
l3/7(full) in 7 marks question. don't waste time in 4 reasons. the examiner won't even read the last one(like i did not)
dont make a list of events. tell me the exact question of 14 marks before i mark it.
last 7 marks question was poor. i second reason u did not explained and described the reason. u need it to get to the level 3. if the second reason is not l3 then it is given no marks. so l3/5 only. write 7 reasons. first describe them, then explain them. at last reelate how that relates which the question. do it again. it's better for u.

Hmm thanks for your analysis.ATM i am studying for Islamiat so i'll get back to you by tomorrow with some more papers hopefully.And properly read your advice :)

Reaction score
Pls chk this one too !
Was the Chaura chauri incident of 1922 the most important reason behind the failure of Khilafa Moevement? Give reasons. Khilafat movement had been started as a consequence of the threat that Britsh might baolish the calipahte. Th Muslims n Hindus had both lend support for the move. However both had different aims as hindus mainly saw it as an opportunity t join with the muslims n push for self-rule.. This became one of the causes of khilafat move. that both commmunities wre fightin with different aims.
In august 1920 Hijrat move. had been started n ppl were motivatde to move to Afghansiatn n leave India which had becom Dar-ul-harb. By the 2nd week of aug, ariund 20,00 ppl had migrated leavin their homes n sellin their goods n property at throwaway prices. However the Afghan govt. was not ready to welcome them n closed the borders. Thus ppl had to return back homelss n many ppl died in the way. This incident dampened the zeal of many Muslims who drew up their support for Khilafat move.
In 1921 the moplah uprising took place in Malabr when th Moplahs burnt many hindu temples as well as churches n killed many hindus. Hence this was an end of the Hindu- Muslim unity which weakened the power Muslims who were pressin for their demands.
The chaura chauri inciednt of 1922 proved to be the last nail in the coffin n ended all chance for Khilaaft move to succed. An enraged mob burnt a police-sattion n 22 policemen were killed which infuriated the britsh. Mulana M.Ali JAuhar had been arrested on sedition charges n was senetenced to death so ther was no one to motivet ppl n gtaher support for the move.In march 1924 the Turkish govt. under Kemal ataturk abolished the institution of calipahte. So there was no point in continuig a move. which had been destroyed by th Turks themselves.
Conmclusivel it can be said that there wree a no. of reasons behind the failuer of Khilafat move. howver the chaura chaui incident adde fuel to fore n khilafat move. eventually fizzled out.
sorry but u have to write 7 reasons.
1-chauri chaura+how it caused failure(first things first)
2-hijrat movement made muslims weak
3-hijrat movement diverted muslims attention away from their main purpose
4-muslims leaders arrested + lack of leadership
5-gandhi took off his movement + lost support
6-Local people of turkey were not interested in khilafat.
7- Mustafa Kamal Attaturk abolished khilafat.
i still remember them ;)
show how the khilafat movement relates to future events. examiners like it.

Reaction score
sorry but u have to write 7 reasons.
1-chauri chaura+how it caused failure(first things first)
5-gandhi took off his movement + lost support
6-Local people of turkey were not interested in khilafat.
7- Mustafa Kamal Attaturk abolished khilafat.
i still remember them ;)
show how the khilafat movement relates to future events. examiners like it.

Can you elaborate on these 3 points?

I also read your description on marking and just wanted to ask in what way the british were successful in retaining lands?I know about tipu sultan but In ms it states about power of local nawabs and Ranjit singh.I can't find this in my book.Can you elaborate on these points?(y)

Reaction score

I also read your description on marking and just wanted to ask in what way the british were successful in retaining lands?I know about tipu sultan but In ms it states about power of local nawabs and Ranjit singh.I can't find this in my book.Can you elaborate on these points?(y)
In the third khilafat conferemce few resolutions were passed under the leadership of Ali brothers. These reforms were against british. British arrested Ali brothers for sedition. They were the main leaders who took part in khilafat movement. Arrestment of main leaders made khilafat movement weak and resulted in failure of khilafat movement.
The muslims thought that the khilafat movement was to same islam. they thought that the india was a dar-ul harb and they must go to a msulim land. Afghanistan was near to india so they migrated to india in huge amount. As muslims were main participant of khilafat movement, the support of khilafat movement reduced which led to failure of khilafat movement
Moreover, only few people were accepted by Afghans and they have to return. however, they had already sold their lands and properties. This made muslims weak and those which were strong in india preferred to support their muslim brothers. this diverted attention from the khilafat movement. The reduced support led to failure of khilafat movement.
if u prefer other points, there are two more, hindu-muslim disunity and failure of delegation sent to England.

Reaction score

maybe i have no right to interfere but what i think is point 2 and 3 are same, it will become a proper reason once u merge them as hijrat movement is a single reason which affected in two different ways. so once expalining hijrat movement, explain both outcomes. For point 4, muslim leaders were arrested for forcing british repeatedly to secure khilafat in turkey. As british took action, muslims lost leadership without which their was no way to carry out the movement well. So once leadership was lost, it was obvious that an unorganized movement will end up with failure.
Suchal Riaz although it is nice if u manage to explain upto 7 reasons in 14 mark question but it is not a hard n fast rule. Somewhere u have no option but to only add 3-5 reasons at most. So an example is the question below:
q. Was Lucknow pact the most important attempt by British, Hindus or Muslims to solve the problems of subcontinent from 1909-1919? Explain ur answer.
So it is still possible to get good marks with about 4 reasons. Still there is no restriction on 7 reasons but do that only when u can equally explain each well and still manage the time.
One more thing, ur reason 6 n 7 for failure of khilafat movement are almost same or maybe they have no difference expect that of wording. So in total u also managed to give 5 points. I am saying this because i don't think that splitting up a reason into paras will get u high marks but it is better to properly explain a reason with its outcomes in most cases.

Reaction score

they could not challenge the power of local nawabs and had to make a treaty with them. in punjab, ranjit singh was very strong and even british could not fight him. if the date of question does not include the time when it was taken, then make it successful otherwise partly successful. i don't have a book with me. i don't remember any name of nawabs which had treaty with british and were successful in stopping them. look for them in book.

Reaction score
maybe i have no right to interfere but what i think is point 2 and 3 are same, it will become a proper reason once u merge them as hijrat movement is a single reason which affected in two different ways. so once expalining hijrat movement, explain both outcomes. For point 4, muslim leaders were arrested for forcing british repeatedly to secure khilafat in turkey. As british took action, muslims lost leadership without which their was no way to carry out the movement well. So once leadership was lost, it was obvious that an unorganized movement will end up with failure.
Suchal Riaz although it is nice if u manage to explain upto 7 reasons in 14 mark question but it is not a hard n fast rule. Somewhere u have no option but to only add 3-5 reasons at most. So an example is the question below:
q. Was Lucknow pact the most important attempt by British, Hindus or Muslims to solve the problems of subcontinent from 1909-1919? Explain ur answer.
So it is still possible to get good marks with about 4 reasons. Still there is no restriction on 7 reasons but do that only when u can equally explain each well and still manage the time.
One more thing, ur reason 6 n 7 for failure of khilafat movement are almost same or maybe they have no difference expect that of wording. So in total u also managed to give 5 points. I am saying this because i don't think that splitting up a reason into paras will get u high marks but it is better to properly explain a reason with its outcomes in most cases.
u r confusing the term reasons with the factors. for example overall we have 1 factor, hijrat movement. but there were two ways in which it affected the khilafat movement. the same is with the question of lucknow pact, you can get full marks for 4 events but the reasons should be 7. as there can be more than 1 reason for each event. i have spent a lot of time in reading mark schemes, examiner reports and the training stuff of my teacher. she had attended many trainings and she had even met nigel kelly. she said that these 2 reasons for hijrat movement are given 2 separate marks by the examiner. whenever we challenged any mistake in her marking, she showed us the material of training in which the real papers of candidates were given marks by the examiners there are exceptions when u get 2 marks for development but that is less common and maybe the examiner don't prefer u to give that marks. and i think for each question u have more than 7 reasons to write. if u want to merge them then no issue, if u write two reasons for hijrat movement the examiner will give u 2 marks in one paragraph and won't read the last one.

Reaction score
salam to all! m going to appear for my Pakistan studies exam this year in June and I am from the first batch of my school and therefore, have no seniors to refer to. I need to know whether or not my study pattern is sufficient enough. I read from the History book and then attempt random questions from the past papers regarding that topic. Same pattern goes for Islamiat . Is that good enough for an A*? What extra does it take to achieve this grade and moreover, a distinction!! help needed immediately! :)

Reaction score
salam to all! m going to appear for my Pakistan studies exam this year in June and I am from the first batch of my school and therefore, have no seniors to refer to. I need to know whether or not my study pattern is sufficient enough. I read from the History book and then attempt random questions from the past papers regarding that topic. Same pattern goes for Islamiat . Is that good enough for an A*? What extra does it take to achieve this grade and moreover, a distinction!! help needed immediately! :)
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/o-level-notes-center.11138/
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/history-notes-according-to-syllabus.11270/

Reaction score
after reading the book of geo once, head to the past papers. do all the past papers from 2003 onwards without looking at the answers. do it urself and refer to mark scheme. don't use past papers book. geo is the place where candidates lose most of their marks.
try to do each and every question of history possible. read my previous posts on this thread where i explained how to write history answers. if u even read my marking and explanation u will get how to do 14 marks question. do 4 marks from my notes. find the link below in signature. feel no shame in asking me anything. message me. i will help you inshallah.

Reaction score
u r confusing the term reasons with the factors. for example overall we have 1 factor, hijrat movement. but there were two ways in which it affected the khilafat movement. the same is with the question of lucknow pact, you can get full marks for 4 events but the reasons should be 7. as there can be more than 1 reason for each event. i have spent a lot of time in reading mark schemes, examiner reports and the training stuff of my teacher. she had attended many trainings and she had even met nigel kelly. she said that these 2 reasons for hijrat movement are given 2 separate marks by the examiner. whenever we challenged any mistake in her marking, she showed us the material of training in which the real papers of candidates were given marks by the examiners there are exceptions when u get 2 marks for development but that is less common and maybe the examiner don't prefer u to give that marks. and i think for each question u have more than 7 reasons to write. if u want to merge them then no issue, if u write two reasons for hijrat movement the examiner will give u 2 marks in one paragraph and won't read the last one.
thanx alot, now i understand. By the way what is the name of the teacher? where she teaches?