• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Where do I get relevant islam quotations ? Does anybody have them all combined?
How many are necessary to quote?
Well I got a compiled list of references for isl, on the other hand talking about how much adding in one question!! It's all depend apon the type of question. So its preferred to add at least 3 references in 10 marks question however for questions like pillars and articles add atleast 5 references, questions like sources of Islamic law add a decent number of references.. If you want references list inbox me.

Reaction score
Hey,
Please give me some tips for preparing for geo and history It's so much and there is no way i can memorise everything from book.

Reaction score
Hey,
Please give me some tips for preparing for geo and history It's so much and there is no way i can memorise everything from book.
Bro first of all, you got ample of time so no tension, secondly for geo it's best to prepare from pastpaper and notes, my geography was strong enough because of pastpaper practice and notes, I never touched books of pak.st, geo, isl. As books don't contain every single information. The key for Af is pastpaper and mark schemes. Just start preparing history from topical pastpapers and geo too. For isl use notes of some well know teachers like sir muzamil. If you need any help, ask me in INBOX

Reaction score
I am so confused. Like I do get the thing on points. Like how they mark the paper but my teacher said that its best to write around 15 lines for a 4 marks question, around 22-24 lines for a 7 mark question and around 50 lines for 14 mark question while the on a video of Olevelacademy they say the following:
8 lines each for 10 word for 4 mark
14 lines each 10 words for 7 mark
22-24 lines each 10 words for 14 mark.
So is this format correct

Listen, I am discussing about how long the answer should be, not how many points it should have.

I want some information from those who have given and achieved good grades pls 😅

Also, the identification of the event and providing the dates, are they considered one point?

History

Reaction score
I am so confused. Like I do get the thing on points. Like how they mark the paper but my teacher said that its best to write around 15 lines for a 4 marks question, around 22-24 lines for a 7 mark question and around 50 lines for 14 mark question while the on a video of Olevelacademy they say the following:

Listen, I am discussing about how long the answer should be, not how many points it should have.

I want some information from those who have given and achieved good grades pls 😅

Also, the identification of the event and providing the dates, are they considered one point?

History
Bro just simply check out candidates response, you will know the answer to your questions, however in caies length don't matter, iits all about quality,. For 4 marks write 4 points simple (even 1 mark is awarded for writing date in 4 marks), for 7 marks 3 Paragraph describing 3 different point to that question according to mark scheme, length should be around one page A4, for 14 marks it's all depend on question but mostly 1 and a half or 2 page for 14marks, remember you have to manage your answer according to time

Reaction score

History

Your answer for 4 marks can be of 4lines as well considering that you have talked about 4 unique points in it.usually it will be around 5 lines.
For 7 marks, 3 paragraphs each of around 5 lines will work fine.
For 14, it shoulld have 7 points and the first one being more detailed than the rest.You should include a conclusion too. You may write no more than 1.5-2pages.
There is no fixed guideline about the length.As mentioned above, check out ECR.
Remember, examiner is not going to give you marks for completing lines, they are looking for content in it.If your content is very good and you have written it concisely,you won't be having any deductions.

Reaction score
Your answer for 4 marks can be of 4lines as well considering that you have talked about 4 unique points in it.usually it will be around 5 lines.
For 7 marks, 3 paragraphs each of around 5 lines will work fine.
For 14, it shoulld have 7 points and the first one being more detailed than the rest.You should include a conclusion too. You may write no more than 1.5-2pages.
There is no fixed guideline about the length.As mentioned above, check out ECR.
Remember, examiner is not going to give you marks for completing lines, they are looking for content in it.If your content is very good and you have written it concisely,you won't be having any deductions.
Bro just simply check out candidates response, you will know the answer to your questions, however in caies length don't matter, iits all about quality,. For 4 marks write 4 points simple (even 1 mark is awarded for writing date in 4 marks), for 7 marks 3 Paragraph describing 3 different point to that question according to mark scheme, length should be around one page A4, for 14 marks it's all depend on question but mostly 1 and a half or 2 page for 14marks, remember you have to manage your answer according to time

Thank you for your reply. So, I should write according to the ms as that's what looks like you people are telling me to do. Thanks.

Reaction score
IGCSE - So i have my midterms in like a month approx, i havent technically started studying for them, also because of covid its really difficult to understand ANYTHING in online classes, i have the topicals and past papers of history, geography and islamiat but im not sure where to start and how to organize studying and ive lost the motivation for studying at all so someone help please?

Reaction score
Hey! I've been having trouble with ISL since the beginning. I've literally been in C's and D's for quite a long time and I really wish to score an A in upcoming midterms before marathons. I just want to know the skills of writing a perfect answer for ISL questions.

Reaction score
Were the Morley minto reforms the most important attempt either by the Muslims british or Hindus in seeking the solution to the problems in subcontinent between 1909 and 1919 ?

Reaction score
Were the Morley minto reforms the most important attempt either by the Muslims british or Hindus in seeking the solution to the problems in subcontinent between 1909 and 1919 ?
Pls answer this question have exams and I didn't study at all

Reaction score
Do we need to memorize all the dates for history in pak studies?
Uh, I recommend having at least one date for every possible answer you give. So you should definitely have minimum one date for every topic in your syllabus. I've gotten by in my school exams with less, but I'm not sure for the O levels. Def have at least one date in every answer, even if you are just mentioning the date of the main person mentioned in the answer, or the date that particular event took place, etc.

Reaction score
Uh, I recommend having at least one date for every possible answer you give. So you should definitely have minimum one date for every topic in your syllabus. I've gotten by in my school exams with less, but I'm not sure for the O levels. Def have at least one date in every answer, even if you are just mentioning the date of the main person mentioned in the answer, or the date that particular event took place, etc.
well i won't recommend writing just one date, you may lose marks, when you can memorize all the theory you can also memorise the dates
why does everyone makes everything look so complicated

Reaction score
well i won't recommend writing just one date, you may lose marks, when you can memorize all the theory you can also memorise the dates
why does everyone makes everything look so complicated
What do ya mean theory? There is no 'theory' in PK studies. Only info. You don't need to memorize every date, only the main ones required to make a cohesive timeline.
An answer, in my experience, usually needs min one date. If it's, for example, a 14 mark question then I recommend a date, if possible with every event mentioned. For 4 mark questions and the such no more than one is is usually required, and with seven you usually dont need more than 1 or 2. That does it. Good?

Reaction score
What do ya mean theory? There is no 'theory' in PK studies. Only info. You don't need to memorize every date, only the main ones required to make a cohesive timeline.
An answer, in my experience, usually needs min one date. If it's, for example, a 14 mark question then I recommend a date, if possible with every event mentioned. For 4 mark questions and the such no more than one is is usually required, and with seven you usually dont need more than 1 or 2. That does it. Good?
yes
now you were more specific

Reaction score
I have studies section 1 and section 2 very thoroughly but have not studies section three properly. I have strong information untill the whole seperation of east pakistan but after it, I only know basic events. Is it enough or More is needed?