Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys can anyone describe how the exam hall environment will be, since im appearing in it for the first time and feeling really anxious

Reaction score
I am not replying even I have a question
How successful were the provincial elections held in India in 1937?Explain your answer

Reaction score
Hello, I'm going to appear in the May/June session olevels 2021.
Due to some unfortunate events my last year got wasted.
I was hoping if anyone could help me figure out how to prepare for the exams.

Reaction score
Hello, I'm going to appear in the May/June session olevels 2021.
Due to some unfortunate events my last year got wasted.
I was hoping if anyone could help me figure out how to prepare for the exams.
Hi, well u have a lot of time for MJ 2021 so dont get stressed ig, i appeared for oct nov and my exams went really well. You should right now study indepth all of ur topics, every single one in extreme detail since a question is bound to come from anywhere and not only from the past papers. For hist, u need to like read the book once ,not more than that, it helps u to get a gist of all the dates, imp events etc and use some notes from a teacher thats known to have good quality notes, i used Sir Amir's notes since im in Isb. For geo, i cannot emphsize how imp it is to read the book, atleast 3 times in rigorous detail, since many diagrams frm the book come in the papers, eg a structure of a derrick came and we were asked to label it, it was the exact same diagram from the book. Now we come to the most diff topic,in my own opinion which is Islamiyat. For Isl, u need to have like a prime book from where u r gonna study and get info, i chose Yasmin Malik's book, Nighat farooq bajwas book , hammad bn nishat etc. Secondly, u need to cover the entire syllabus in detail, do not leave anything at all, Although, I did leave jihad in P2 and just put in a silent prayer k jihad se na aye(shukar hai aya bhi nhi:)). You need to assign atleast 2 months for past papers practice, and since u have a lot of time right now, i would recommend that u should do full papers, each and every question and lay special emphasis on Q2 of P2 and P1, since they are compulsory, u have to prepare them the BEST u can. Also u need to gain info relating every single thing eg in MJ 2020 , a question came to write the details of Battle of Yarmuk(10), many books are short on detail on the caliphs, so u need to consult atleast 2 books individually for caliphs, i chose nighat bajwa's and hammad ibn nishat's books. For all subj u need to study level marking and read example candidate responses since CAIE examiners themselves highlight the mistakes of students making it easier for u to score A*s. BTW this is all based on my perosnal opinion, these are the strategies i used when I appeared in ON. On a concluding note, i would urge u too practice past papers extensively, i filled an entire 350 pg register just with solving papers. Abhi result nhi aya mera so I dont know whether my advice is credible or not, lekin feel free to follow it and agar koi masla bane to pls ask :)

Reaction score
Hi, well u have a lot of time for MJ 2021 so dont get stressed ig, i appeared for oct nov and my exams went really well. You should right now study indepth all of ur topics, every single one in extreme detail since a question is bound to come from anywhere and not only from the past papers. For hist, u need to like read the book once ,not more than that, it helps u to get a gist of all the dates, imp events etc and use some notes from a teacher thats known to have good quality notes, i used Sir Amir's notes since im in Isb. For geo, i cannot emphsize how imp it is to read the book, atleast 3 times in rigorous detail, since many diagrams frm the book come in the papers, eg a structure of a derrick came and we were asked to label it, it was the exact same diagram from the book. Now we come to the most diff topic,in my own opinion which is Islamiyat. For Isl, u need to have like a prime book from where u r gonna study and get info, i chose Yasmin Malik's book, Nighat farooq bajwas book , hammad bn nishat etc. Secondly, u need to cover the entire syllabus in detail, do not leave anything at all, Although, I did leave jihad in P2 and just put in a silent prayer k jihad se na aye(shukar hai aya bhi nhi:)). You need to assign atleast 2 months for past papers practice, and since u have a lot of time right now, i would recommend that u should do full papers, each and every question and lay special emphasis on Q2 of P2 and P1, since they are compulsory, u have to prepare them the BEST u can. Also u need to gain info relating every single thing eg in MJ 2020 , a question came to write the details of Battle of Yarmuk(10), many books are short on detail on the caliphs, so u need to consult atleast 2 books individually for caliphs, i chose nighat bajwa's and hammad ibn nishat's books. For all subj u need to study level marking and read example candidate responses since CAIE examiners themselves highlight the mistakes of students making it easier for u to score A*s. BTW this is all based on my perosnal opinion, these are the strategies i used when I appeared in ON. On a concluding note, i would urge u too practice past papers extensively, i filled an entire 350 pg register just with solving papers. Abhi result nhi aya mera so I dont know whether my advice is credible or not, lekin feel free to follow it and agar koi masla bane to pls ask :)
Hey, thank you so much.
I've got farkanda noor's book for islam. Would that be okay?
Also, my urdu sucks probably because I didn't study it from the beginning. Got any advices?
It is syllabus b.
Thanks

Reaction score
Hey, thank you so much.
I've got farkanda noor's book for islam. Would that be okay?
Also, my urdu sucks probably because I didn't study it from the beginning. Got any advices?
It is syllabus b.
Thanks
I have urdu b too,although its one of my least fav subj lekin khair i still manage to score fairly decent marks in it, for it i'd say u must read urdu novels and newspapers, any short stories etc and note down the vocab used, since it will help u greatly in P1 translation. TBVH i wouldnt't recommend farkhanda noor at all, i used it myself in grade 9, lekin found out that its best for internal exams.From farkhanda noor , i did personalities and articles only. Although, i did articels from 6 diff books. But the best book in my opinion is nighat bajwas learning islamiyat, since it contains immense detail regarding caliphs and other subj. However, if u feel ur comfortable with Farkhanda Noor then go with it , lekin note that its updated version was in 2009 and now CAIE has introduced much stuff which it doesn't fulfill

Reaction score
Where do I get relevant islam quotations ? Does anybody have them all combined?
How many are necessary to quote?
Well I got a compiled list of references for isl, on the other hand talking about how much adding in one question!! It's all depend apon the type of question. So its preferred to add at least 3 references in 10 marks question however for questions like pillars and articles add atleast 5 references, questions like sources of Islamic law add a decent number of references.. If you want references list inbox me.

Reaction score
Hey,
Please give me some tips for preparing for geo and history It's so much and there is no way i can memorise everything from book.

Reaction score
Hey,
Please give me some tips for preparing for geo and history It's so much and there is no way i can memorise everything from book.
Bro first of all, you got ample of time so no tension, secondly for geo it's best to prepare from pastpaper and notes, my geography was strong enough because of pastpaper practice and notes, I never touched books of pak.st, geo, isl. As books don't contain every single information. The key for Af is pastpaper and mark schemes. Just start preparing history from topical pastpapers and geo too. For isl use notes of some well know teachers like sir muzamil. If you need any help, ask me in INBOX

Reaction score
I am so confused. Like I do get the thing on points. Like how they mark the paper but my teacher said that its best to write around 15 lines for a 4 marks question, around 22-24 lines for a 7 mark question and around 50 lines for 14 mark question while the on a video of Olevelacademy they say the following:
8 lines each for 10 word for 4 mark
14 lines each 10 words for 7 mark
22-24 lines each 10 words for 14 mark.
So is this format correct

Listen, I am discussing about how long the answer should be, not how many points it should have.

I want some information from those who have given and achieved good grades pls 😅

Also, the identification of the event and providing the dates, are they considered one point?

History

Reaction score
I am so confused. Like I do get the thing on points. Like how they mark the paper but my teacher said that its best to write around 15 lines for a 4 marks question, around 22-24 lines for a 7 mark question and around 50 lines for 14 mark question while the on a video of Olevelacademy they say the following:

Listen, I am discussing about how long the answer should be, not how many points it should have.

I want some information from those who have given and achieved good grades pls 😅

Also, the identification of the event and providing the dates, are they considered one point?

History
Bro just simply check out candidates response, you will know the answer to your questions, however in caies length don't matter, iits all about quality,. For 4 marks write 4 points simple (even 1 mark is awarded for writing date in 4 marks), for 7 marks 3 Paragraph describing 3 different point to that question according to mark scheme, length should be around one page A4, for 14 marks it's all depend on question but mostly 1 and a half or 2 page for 14marks, remember you have to manage your answer according to time

Reaction score

History
Your answer for 4 marks can be of 4lines as well considering that you have talked about 4 unique points in it.usually it will be around 5 lines.
For 7 marks, 3 paragraphs each of around 5 lines will work fine.
For 14, it shoulld have 7 points and the first one being more detailed than the rest.You should include a conclusion too. You may write no more than 1.5-2pages.
There is no fixed guideline about the length.As mentioned above, check out ECR.
Remember, examiner is not going to give you marks for completing lines, they are looking for content in it.If your content is very good and you have written it concisely,you won't be having any deductions.

Reaction score
Your answer for 4 marks can be of 4lines as well considering that you have talked about 4 unique points in it.usually it will be around 5 lines.
For 7 marks, 3 paragraphs each of around 5 lines will work fine.
For 14, it shoulld have 7 points and the first one being more detailed than the rest.You should include a conclusion too. You may write no more than 1.5-2pages.
There is no fixed guideline about the length.As mentioned above, check out ECR.
Remember, examiner is not going to give you marks for completing lines, they are looking for content in it.If your content is very good and you have written it concisely,you won't be having any deductions.
Bro just simply check out candidates response, you will know the answer to your questions, however in caies length don't matter, iits all about quality,. For 4 marks write 4 points simple (even 1 mark is awarded for writing date in 4 marks), for 7 marks 3 Paragraph describing 3 different point to that question according to mark scheme, length should be around one page A4, for 14 marks it's all depend on question but mostly 1 and a half or 2 page for 14marks, remember you have to manage your answer according to time
Thank you for your reply. So, I should write according to the ms as that's what looks like you people are telling me to do. Thanks.

Reaction score
IGCSE - So i have my midterms in like a month approx, i havent technically started studying for them, also because of covid its really difficult to understand ANYTHING in online classes, i have the topicals and past papers of history, geography and islamiat but im not sure where to start and how to organize studying and ive lost the motivation for studying at all so someone help please?

Reaction score
Hey! I've been having trouble with ISL since the beginning. I've literally been in C's and D's for quite a long time and I really wish to score an A in upcoming midterms before marathons. I just want to know the skills of writing a perfect answer for ISL questions.