• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Reaction score
ok so according to the normal pakstduies 'histroy' olvls exam pattern
summer exams always got their source question from section 2
but the 2020 april may exam had source from sec 1
whish means the pattern is changed // this nov session source question was to come from section 2 according to 'the pattern'
i dont know which section should i prepare ,,section 2 or 3
i can only prepare one section from these at the moment
i have almsot completed section1 so thats not a problem
let me know which section u think is most preferred to come in this exam

Reaction score
There is no fixed pattern for source questions - they can come from any section.
Back when I gave my pak-studies exam in 2018 (May-June session) mine was from section 3 (talking about 12, 22 composites)
And now that I look at last year (May-June session) which is 2019 - the source question came from section 2 (again 12, 22 composites)
I would suggest that you look at last 5 years pattern (and not really old past paper patterns) and see the pattern yourself and go with your gut feeling. HOWEVER, this is too risky - considering these questions are COMPULSORY - so I will never ask you to take risks here so just study ALL three sections. I know time is an issue here - so here is the plan:

STOP READING THE TEXTBOOKS NOW
START READING FROM PAST PAPERS

I highly recommend past papers for SECTION 3 (not much for section 1 or 2)
Why? Because section 3 has A LOT OF INFO (in the textbook) and I hated this section especially because it felt so UNNECESSARY especially the ending.
So yeah I can understand why many people would skip this section - BUT lets not forget I got this section AS A COMPULSORY question! So yeah def recommending that you study this section from the past papers

For Section 2 ---> STUDY THE TIMELINE (i hope you have a timeline or if not - then search up online, I'm sure you will find something)
Why? Because there are so many events mentioned in this section that even if you study this section TWICE - you will still forget something! So yes study the timeline because usually these events were a result of something so once you have the timeline in front of you, not only would you remember the dates (which is very necessary in this part since there are so MANY DATES!) but also the events that took place and you will basically get a rough picture of each event.

For Section 1 -----> yeah well this section can easily be understood from both the textbook or the past papers but since we are running out of time - just review it from the past papers.

GOOD LUCK! and dont stress out seriously -- have confidence in your preparation no matter how little you might think it is.
Try to wake up early from now on (that is if you dont) because there is a lot to remember and understand and I honestly think morning are the BEST for such things.
Also take care, and stay healthy kiddo <3
[ps: I got an A in pak-studies and i did all this that I have just told you, not the best (maybe) but at least you won't be missing anything.]

Reaction score
AOA Guys, can anyone please explain to me how and where to prepare from caliphs(especially the battles in Hazrat Abu Bakr(R.A) and Umer(R.A) reign)
I'm really freaking out

Reaction score
AOA Guys, can anyone please explain to me how and where to prepare from caliphs(especially the battles in Hazrat Abu Bakr(R.A) and Umer(R.A) reign)
I'm really freaking out
Hey - i think you can skip Caliphate of Hazrat Umar (RA) but dont skip Caliphate of Abu Bakr (since the battles are not as much as Hazrat Umar's(RA)) and study pillars and article of faith because you will get the option at the end of P2 where they will give either two questions from Caliphate and one from pillars/articles of faith or two questions from pillars/articles of faith and one from Caliphate. So if they give a question from Caliphate of Hazrat Umar (RA) you can skip that one question.

As for prep: check out these notes

(ps; i skipped the question related to Caliphate of Hazrat Umar (RA) too, lol)
And like try not to stress out, you still have time, just go through the past papers now (if you haven't started it)
Good luck <33

Reaction score
There is no fixed pattern for source questions - they can come from any section.
Back when I gave my pak-studies exam in 2018 (May-June session) mine was from section 3 (talking about 12, 22 composites)
And now that I look at last year (May-June session) which is 2019 - the source question came from section 2 (again 12, 22 composites)
I would suggest that you look at last 5 years pattern (and not really old past paper patterns) and see the pattern yourself and go with your gut feeling. HOWEVER, this is too risky - considering these questions are COMPULSORY - so I will never ask you to take risks here so just study ALL three sections. I know time is an issue here - so here is the plan:

Why? Because section 3 has A LOT OF INFO (in the textbook) and I hated this section especially because it felt so UNNECESSARY especially the ending.
So yeah I can understand why many people would skip this section - BUT lets not forget I got this section AS A COMPULSORY question! So yeah def recommending that you study this section from the past papers

For Section 2 ---> STUDY THE TIMELINE (i hope you have a timeline or if not - then search up online, I'm sure you will find something)
Why? Because there are so many events mentioned in this section that even if you study this section TWICE - you will still forget something! So yes study the timeline because usually these events were a result of something so once you have the timeline in front of you, not only would you remember the dates (which is very necessary in this part since there are so MANY DATES!) but also the events that took place and you will basically get a rough picture of each event.

For Section 1 -----> yeah well this section can easily be understood from both the textbook or the past papers but since we are running out of time - just review it from the past papers.

GOOD LUCK! and dont stress out seriously -- have confidence in your preparation no matter how little you might think it is.
Try to wake up early from now on (that is if you dont) because there is a lot to remember and understand and I honestly think morning are the BEST for such things.
[ps: I got an A in pak-studies and i did all this that I have just told you, not the best (maybe) but at least you won't be missing anything.]

AAAAA I COMPLETED SEC 1 AND SOME OF SEC 3
I JUST GAVE UP ON HISTORY DOING ISLAMIAT AND GEO

Reaction score
I'm really freaking out

im just reading the islamiat book and going thru mark schemes for it

Reaction score
AAAAA I COMPLETED SEC 1 AND SOME OF SEC 3
I JUST GAVE UP ON HISTORY DOING ISLAMIAT AND GEO

Hey no worries - even if you study the past papers (5 years max) a day before the exams (wake up early so that it stays in ur head) that would help you too. I can totally understand how difficult it can be to truly remember everything - so i did exactly this lol which i usually wouldn't recommend because it sounds crazy and i dont know how i pulled it off even tho my compulsory questions were from section 3 and i still managed to get an A in history component - so yes one thing i noticed was that i didnt stress out throughout the exam - if you stress out, your mind will go blank, either do a breathing exercise to calm urself or just discover something about urself that by just doing that (or even thinking about it) makes you calm down - just keep fighting till the end. There is nothing to lose - if you dont do well in these subjects - it doesnt really matter much, since these are just scoring subjects. Your actual focus should be for next year - those 5 (or 6 if you took an extra subject) matters the MOST. So yeah just a passing grade in these two is enough - but do remember you are still capable of getting the best scores even with the knowledge you have so far.

Once again - Good luck and I am rooting for you, pal!

Reaction score
Can anyone post a list of challenging questions for history(2059) so I can check my revision . Cheers!

Reaction score
Can anyone post a list of challenging questions for history(2059) so I can check my revision . Cheers!

Saw this thread - check it out ig

Reaction score

if possible can you provide timeline if you have it?

Reaction score
if possible can you provide timeline if you have it?
Hey! Try this out- I can't find the timeline that i used, however this one seems more promising since it mentions both section 1 and section 3 too.
Hope this helps you <3
Good luck

Reaction score
Guys I need urgent help for home work!!!

Why did Pakistan face problems because of Rad Cliffe Award 1947? (7 marks)

Reaction score
Can someone help me out on these as well?

What was refugee’s crises faced by Pakistan? (4)

What was canal water dispute? (4)

What were administrative problems for Pakistan? (4)

What was the issue of division of assets in 1947? (4)

What were the difficulties for the accession of the princely states at partition of India? (4)

Reaction score
1. Allotment of Ferozpur to India
2.Allotment of Gurdaspur to India
3.Allotment of Calcutta to India
And if i'm not wrong,
I think East Pakistan should also be mentioned, because this was a big deal --> so much distance, communication problems, india was in between the two parts of Pakistan. Also the diversity problems, like bengalis, pashtuns, punjabis etc (and like Jinnah had to unite all these people)

Also I think all these allotments can come under one paragraph (one point) you need at least 3 reasons for a 7 mark question.

So allotment is one reason, then the east pakistan issue is another reason and lastly i think you can also talk about the water issue, that the headworks were in India.

Reaction score
Can someone help me out on these as well?

What was refugee’s crises faced by Pakistan? (4)

What was canal water dispute? (4)

What were administrative problems for Pakistan? (4)

What was the issue of division of assets in 1947? (4)

What were the difficulties for the accession of the princely states at partition of India? (4)
Please, someone :(