• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

paper 12 chemistry ...

Reaction score
Most of the People were confused between B and D

I did B :/
yeh i went with 10.8 ... I mean if oxygen is being released as a gas... it's a diatomic molecule by defualt, you have to use 32.. oxygen atoms dont chill alone.. as 16 and 16.. so it shouldnt be 21.6

Reaction score
how does iodine have different type of bonding? I did the magnesium compound ..cause magneseium has metallic bonding and the compound itself was ionic.
it was asked I2 solid that means I2 molecule had covalent bonds between 2 I atoms like I-I and its has van der waals forces between molecules

Reactions: egy
Reaction score
I Believe it was A Bond energy also increases
thats not true ..bond length increases down the group ,so bond energy decreases....I guess the option was -Bond energy -increase
Bond polarity-decrease
Bond length -increase
...the answer should be C ,2 and 3 correct.

Reaction score
thats not true ..bond length increases down the group ,so bond energy decreases....I guess the option was -Bond energy -increase
Bond polarity-decrease
Bond length -increase
its ans was A confirm as
i remember the option were that bond energy was with lesser
bond polarity was greater
bond length was greater

Reaction score
Answer to the equilibrium question was D (2P <---> Q+2R)
Answer to largest overall dipole was B
Answer to ester hydrolysis was C 42.3% and 57.7%
Answer to coiine question was IMO B (unclear)

btw what was the answer to the 3 possible products When HBr reacts with the two cis-trans structures?
answer to coiine was D as nitrogen was bonded with 1st and 5th carbon oh the chain
and answer to 3 possible products was B
and with alkaline hydrolysis one alcohol is produced and other is the salt of metal present in alkali used which reacts with the carboxylic acid to form that salt...:)

Reaction score
its ans was A confirm as
i remember the option were that bond energy was with lesser
bond polarity was greater
bond length was greater
DAMn!!!! didn't read the question properly ..........(28-30 for A )...Not more than that .please .please.

Reaction score
Alrite guys, I don't really remember much, but if somebody can just confirm this for me.
I had shit loads of D's from question 1-20....was this the case for the majority too?

Reaction score
Bond polarity-decrease
Bond length -increase

I don't remember the Question properly but the answer was A for sure dude

Reaction score
Alrite guys, I don't really remember much, but if somebody can just confirm this for me.
I had shit loads of D's from question 1-20....was this the case for the majority too?
nah man there were only 5 6 D's in first 20 questions
like for 7th 8th 16th 12th. these are confirm others i am confused..