• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 6 Physics

Reaction score
Cozmo35d said:
unplugged said:
Yea , it is.
Anyhow , what about the circuit. Did you draw all 3 in a series alone or did you draw the parallel empty wire as well.
I kept that line empty and drew all lamps at the bottom.

+ the ammeter yea :p?

Reaction score
Mine was

-------------- V -----------------
| |
-----POWER SOURCE -------
| |
| |
---- L ---- L ----- A ----------
V = Voltmeter
L = Lamp
A = Ammeter

Reaction score
Also , what did you mention the other reason for observing the filament heating up besides the resistance was?

Reaction score
SexyFag said:
Mine was

-------------- V -----------------
| |
-----POWER SOURCE -------
| |
| |
---- L ---- L ----- A ----------
V = Voltmeter
L = Lamp
A = Ammeter

I did it the same , i don't really know whether he wanted the empty line drawn. I got a hunch it doesn't matter but we'll see.

Reaction score
SexyFag said:
I Said, If the Lamp was brighter, means it was more hot

Exactly the same :p. Other answers could have been seeing if a duck would get cooked equally fast over the filament or something ;p.

Reaction score
Maybe, I Doubt It Do, however , they did say "rearranged" that means only the components were moved... but, im not sure

HAHAH Epic Answer =P

Reaction score
unplugged said:
SexyFag said:
I Said, If the Lamp was brighter, means it was more hot

Exactly the same :p. Other answers could have been seeing if a duck would get cooked equally fast over the filament or something ;p.
i think that the question says :what reading (readings of the student) that shows any heating effect so i said a change in current !! but i'm not happy with the exam bcz i've done silly faults :O:

Reaction score
I don't think the word reading was used. I recall it saying anything besides the resistance reading. But it didn't specify it had to be in the form of reading. And i think saying it glows more brightly provides a more elegant answer as it proves insight into the nature of the light bulbs.

Reaction score
Also saying the current did it is a bit cheeky as it's the same as saying the resistance. since they're directly correlated ;p. But who knows.

Reaction score
guys i wrote in the last section of the first qsn :increse number of holes and draw more line is that true????

Reaction score
Well , the question was asking how to prevent the paper from touching the bob as it reduces accuracy. So i don't think that's meaningful in that context. but again , that's just my interpretation of it.

Reaction score
Am not disagreeing with most of your answers.. However, the question stated that several students did the experiment with REASONABLE CARE. A question, that is almost similar to it, came in the past papers. In my own opinion, they are saying that the students did it ALMOST perfectly so any errors aren't probable. ANYONE AGREES :D?

Reaction score
IGCSEdude said:
Am not disagreeing with most of your answers.. However, the question stated that several students did the experiment with REASONABLE CARE. A question, that is almost similar to it, came in the past papers. In my own opinion, they are saying that the students did it ALMOST perfectly so any errors aren't probable. ANYONE AGREES :D?
Well , parallex errors and not observing that something is vertical are common errors. Anyhow , what answers did you provide then?.

I mean perfect experiment would agree with theory , unless you wanna state theory is wrong which is a can of worms =_=.

Reaction score
IGCSEdude said:
I wrote the thickness of mirror and due to eye problem.. :D:D
hmm , i didin't know thickness of mirrors effects their reflection. Are you thinking of lenses :p. And eye problems is unorthodox but seems fine , it's just another way of saying they didn't read it properly or position the things properly.