• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Petition Requesting CIE To Re-Check And Re-Grade AS And A Level Papers (Please Sign)

Reaction score
All I have left to say on this matter is after reading some of the posts, I think some of you are getting rather hostile towards fellow XPF members who are just giving in their opinions. Do not be hypocritical and sarcastic towards them when you yourselves want your opinions heard, but are down-trodding the opinions of other members. :|

Reaction score
Please dont consider us all a community we are all XPF. We are only a community on the petition page. I for one apologise if i have offended anyone with this petition. And as for the negative comments againts the petition nobody has to sign it if they dont want to.
All I have left to say on this matter is after reading some of the posts, I think some of you are getting rather hostile towards fellow XPF members who are just giving in their opinions. Do not be hypocritical and sarcastic towards them when you yourselves want your opinions heard, but are down-trodding the opinions of other members. :|

Reaction score
I will gladly hear anyone elses opinions.

Reaction score
I will gladly hear anyone elses opinions.
answer some questions first, is it just you or did everyone in your center get such unexpected result? What was your predicted grades and what did you get? Did you check the marks schemes and question papers and compared your answers, keeping in mind that in A levels they won't give you any credit if your answers are not precise and identical to the ms even if they seem logical. Did you look at the gt?

Reaction score
Well if you must know it was 12 out of 16 in my school that recieved such grades and about 70% of another school in my region.my expected grades ranged from A-C depending on the Subject and i did check the marking schemes.
answer some questions first, is it just you or did everyone in your center get such unexpected result? What was your predicted grades and what did you get? Did you check the marks schemes and question papers and compared your answers, keeping in mind that in A levels they won't give you any credit if your answers are not precise and identical to the ms even if they seem logical. Did you look at the gt?

Reaction score
i dont know if i should post this here or not but it seems that there`s a slight mistake with the marking schemes . check out physics p12 no 23 and p13 no 19. arent the two questions the same and yet the answers on the ms do not match.

Reaction score
hey look i dont think CIE will listen to any petition
cuz when we had the retake of Islamiyat and Pak studies, they did not listen to what we said, inspite of mass demonstrations and protests
students went out on the streets, requested and insulted on facebook, but cie did not listen
students were in thousands
cie only gave us 9 days to study both Islamiyat, and Pak studies (3 entire books), and we had to give them in 2 days
they did not even extend the date
the point being that with only 111 followers, how do u expect cie to listen to u

Reaction score
hey look i dont think CIE will listen to any petition
cuz when we had the retake of Islamiyat and Pak studies, they did not listen to what we said, inspite of mass demonstrations and protests
students went out on the streets, requested and insulted on facebook, but cie did not listen
students were in thousands
cie only gave us 9 days to study both Islamiyat, and Pak studies (3 entire books), and we had to give them in 2 days
they did not even extend the date
the point being that with only 111 followers, how do u expect cie to listen to u
We will try this is just a side option but ... We will try

Reaction score
Can any of you guys complaining, especially the topic starter, answer me?
If you are so positive that you deserve a better grade why don't you pay for rechecking?
It is extremely odd and confusing to see many people briefly explaining why it's impossible for them to get such grades, and they don't think about asking for a recheck! The only explanation I can conclude from this is that you aren't confident enough to take the risk of wasting cash.

I can totally assure you that this petition won't do anything. Not because it is silly, or needs more signatures, but because you are asking for something they already put a solution for.
CIE Examiners are very experienced people, whom have worked for years. You believe they will repeat 3 months of work because 1 thousand (7x current signatures number) student out of millions asked for that?

IMO re-checking is the only solution, you win in both cases. If you get your grade changed, then you got what you wanted, and you can share your experience with your classmates and forum members here so they re-check too. If you don't, then you will stop throwing the blame to CIE and find out what you have done wrong.

Reaction score
SERIOUSLY GROW UP! . i had nice grades in o levels , then in my AS levels i had really bad grades .. i thought that it was because of wrong checking or something but NO , a level is a whole new level . you are studying a course thats recogonised by the universities worldwide it has to be up to the mark of the worlds greatest university . i studied harder in my a2 and improved my grades . you could do the same or waste your time and then waste your life ..

Reaction score
Totally agree with roadtrip here. If you don't get your desired grades, study and work hard instead of blaming CIE. If you think your grade could have been better, go for a recheck. If you are right, your grade would improve and it'd cost you nothing. But creating petitions wouldn't help because not everyone would want their papers to be re-checked. Instead of wasting time in this, study for re-takes.

Reaction score
ummm.... plz can u tell me to whom shud i submit this too..... And is this form for rechecking???? Do we have to submit our statement of results too???
sorry i dont know anything further then the form :( . none of my grades are worth a recheck