• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Chemistry (0620)/0620_s10_qp_12.pdf
here i just want to know what is question 2 trying to ask :/ i don't get it
Question 6 i know we don't need a balance but we don't need a thermometer to what do we use that for?
How do we know if the atoms are shared or if the bounds are covalent
are all radioactivity exothermic?
is it true that Water for household use is NOT filtered to remove soluble impurities?
I am so not into Chem that's the reason i dunno a lot about it please help?

Reaction score
It was really easy :) nd there was question about pea seed and bean seed .... And potato strips in two different concentration solution
which variant did you do it wasn't there in V2
P.S you are not allowed to discuss the paper in 24 hours of the exam

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Chemistry (0620)/0620_s10_qp_12.pdf
Question 6 i know we don't need a balance but we don't need a thermometer to what do we use that for?
is it true that Water for household use is NOT filtered to remove soluble impurities?
1) question 2 ... proton gaining - the element one place to the right of X in the Periodic Table is formed (you know that elements in PTE are putted in order of proton number- so 1 more proton/1 more place to the right)
2) question 6 pay attention on "AT DIFFERENT TEMPERATURES"
3)when 2 non-metals share electrons then it is covalent.... ionic is when metal give electron/s to non-metal
4) i don't get it what you mean by are all radioactivity exothermic
5) Water for household is filtrated and then is added chlorine for killing bacteria

Reaction score

Question 2 is asking about the result of changing the number of particles in an atom. If you change the number of electrons an ion would form which is not in the options given. An increase in the number of proton will change the atom and the next atom in the periodic table would form. In question 6 it is mentioned that student is testing the same reaction on different temperatures, so a thermometer is needed. All radioactivity is exothermic.
In bonding
Metal + Non Metal = ionic
Non Metal + Non Metal = covelant
Water is filtered before house hold use

Reaction score
Question 2 is asking about the result of changing the number of particles in an atom. If you change the number of electrons an ion would form which is not in the options given. An increase in the number of proton will change the atom and the next atom in the periodic table would form. In question 6 it is mentioned that student is testing the same reaction on different temperatures, so a thermometer is needed. All radioactivity is exothermic.
In bonding
Metal + Non Metal = ionic
Non Metal + Non Metal = covelant
Water is filtered before house hold use
Genius Thank yew so Much
but for the water being filtered in question 34 it is not included?

Reaction score
Observation when Zinc reacts with Copper (ii) sulphate ?
they have asked 3 observations
is the reaction Zinc+Copper(ii)sulphate=Zinc sulphate and Copper is it?

Reaction score
Observation when Zinc reacts with Copper (ii) sulphate ?
they have asked 3 observations
is the reaction Zinc+Copper(ii)sulphate=Zinc sulphate and Copper is it?

The equation is correct, observations would be 1) pink solid formed at the bottom. 2) solution turns colorless from blue. 3) maybe rise in temp or smell.... check from ms and pls tell me the 3rd observation or post the link....

Reaction score
The equation is correct, observations would be 1) pink solid formed at the bottom. 2) solution turns colorless from blue. 3) maybe rise in temp or smell.... check from ms and pls tell me the 3rd observation or post the link....
where did you find that pink solid will be formed at bottom (i know that.. but i am interested if you have more sources for studying for ATP...) i mainly studied from table that i sent you :)

Reaction score
where did you find that pink solid will be formed at bottom (i know that.. but i am interested if you have more sources for studying for ATP...) i mainly studied from table that i sent you :)

the appearance of copper is pink so thats how i know that pink solid would form. I am studying from the revision section of this site and a book by rosemarie gallagher and paul ingram. the table you sent me was the first thing i did from any other source..... :)