• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Doubt Chemistry
In question 6(g) how do you know it is manganese?
and yeah the marking scheme is kinda hard to understand sorry about it couldn't find a better one

Attachments

• 0620_s02_qp_6.pdf
    50.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 0620_s02_ms_6.pdf
    45.4 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Doubt Chemistry
and yeah the marking scheme is kinda hard to understand sorry about it couldn't find a better one
While solving this paper how i came up tothe conclusion was due to the hydrogen peroxide reaction, manganese oxide is a catalyst for this reaction and moreover it is coloured so the oxide is definitly of a transition metal....hope i helped u:)

Reaction score
Is distilled water used as a solvent? for electrolysis
I have heard distilled water does not produce electricity bt i dunno about being a solvent

Reaction score
While solving this paper how i came up tothe conclusion was due to the hydrogen peroxide reaction, manganese oxide is a catalyst for this reaction and moreover it is coloured so the oxide is definitly of a transition metal....hope i helped u:)
But aren't transition elements colored? so why is T a black solid?

Reaction score
Doubt Chemistry
i will start from beginning of test...
1)T was added to aqueous hydrogen peroxide- splint extinguished (it means that we added something that decompose hydrogen peroxide in oxygen and water... it is catalyst)
2) the gas given off was tasted with glowing splint- splint relight (it is oxygen)
3)Solid T was added to HCl and heated- litmus paper bleached (chlorine gas is produced)
4) and i came to formula...
1&2- 2H2O2 + MnO2 --> 2H2O + O2 + MnO2
3&4- 4HCl + MnO2 --> MnCl2 + 2H2O + Cl2

I hope i helped :)

Reaction score
It was really easy :) nd there was question about pea seed and bean seed .... And potato strips in two different concentration solution