• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
The incident angle is almost parallel, which means it is almost 90 degrees, so 88-90 could be a good approximated value.
And for the critical angle, is 43, since the angle equal to the critical angle goes out parallel to the line AE.
thnku :)

Reaction score
Can anyone please explain to me what this means, ASAP : "describe an experiment to show the corresponding force on beams of charged particles"

Reaction score
Can anyone please explain to me what this means, ASAP : "describe an experiment to show the corresponding force on beams of charged particles"
They might want to know the deviation of alpha, beta and gamma particles.
So each single particle could be passed through a magnet (between N and S poles), and using the left hand rule the direction of force could be determined.
http://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/phy...vise-it/effect-of-magnetic-and-electric-field
Check that link out.

Reaction score
hyiii........if initial nd final volume is givn.....nd initial pressure is given.......find the final pressure:???
wt formula to aplyy ...answer ASAP

Reaction score
hyiii........if initial nd final volume is givn.....nd initial pressure is given.......find the final pressure:???
wt formula to aplyy ...answer ASAP
In a specific pressure, there is a specific volume.
So Pressure1 * Volume 1 = Pressure 2 * Volume 2

Reaction score
Take a piece of paper, and a source which emits alpha particles, plus a radiation detector which would measure the amount of radiation in the area.
How to do it: First measure the radiation in air when the source is not present. Then take the source towards the paper (alpha particles will get absorbed through the paper, but beta and gamma will pass). Measure the level of radiation. Then remove the source and measure the level of radiation.
If the amount of radiation is same when absorber (sheet of paper) and source was available, with the time when source was removed, then it means alpha particles have been absorbed (since they are having a weak penetration).

Reaction score
Q3)a)
i) decreases, because more water evaporates n the surface area decreses, so pressure(force) decreses
ii) decreses, because more water evaporates n height decreses
iii) pressure = height*density*gravity (10) = 12*1000*10 = 1.2*10^5
iv) 1.2*10^5 + 1.0*10^5 = 2.2*10^5 :)

9)a)i) anticlockwise, because see it is connected to (+) of battery, so just think that + goes to - , so it will go anticlockwise, and also , wen smthng is pushed downwards, it will move downwards, so (ii) is also anticlockwise, :)
best of luck

Reaction score
Q3)a)
i) decreases, because more water evaporates n the surface area decreses, so pressure(force) decreses
ii) decreses, because more water evaporates n height decreses
iii) pressure = height*density*gravity (10) = 12*1000*10 = 1.2*10^5
iv) 1.2*10^5 + 1.0*10^5 = 2.2*10^5 :)

9)a)i) anticlockwise, because see it is connected to (+) of battery, so just think that + goes to - , so it will go anticlockwise, and also , wen smthng is pushed downwards, it will move downwards, so (ii) is also anticlockwise, :)
best of luck

So why does it say
During a period of hot weather, the atmospheric pressure on the pond in Fig. 3.1 remains constant.
Water evaporates from the pond, so that the depth h decreases.

Thanks btw!

Reaction score
So why does it say
During a period of hot weather, the atmospheric pressure on the pond in Fig. 3.1 remains constant.

Thanks btw!
atomospheric pressure remains constant, but the force dosent. ..

Reaction score
So why does it say

Thanks btw!
Because the questions is like that :)
It is actually for the other part (where you have to add the atmospheric pressure to something else).
Depth h decreases less h = less pressure.

Reaction score
anybody has a proper diagram of the thermocouple?
please post it or inbx it to me ! :)

Reaction score
Fig10.6.gif