• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Could you please explain to me this question november 2000

49724486.png

I've read the ms but I didn't understand ms says:

59536377.png
59536377.png

But I think instead of 20ml we should put only 5 ml if its H2Y

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Could you please explain to me this question november 2000

49724486.png

I've read the ms but I didn't understand ms says:

59536377.png
59536377.png

But I think instead of 20ml we should put only 5 ml if its H2Y

Thanks in advance
It is 5ml. Where did u get this answer from?
we take the ratio of the reactants in the reaction.
HY+NaOH-->NaY + H2O
Ratio: 1:1

H2Y+2NaOH-->Na2Y+2H2O
Ratio:1:2

Therefore, quantity of both the reactants (acid and sodium hydroxide) is same for the reaction to get over, HY is correct. And if half the acid (5ml) is used, H2Y is correct!:)

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Chemistry (0620)/0620_s05_qp_3.pdf
QUESTION 1 C THE PRODUCT OF THE EQUATION I GET IS 2ICL
BUT IN THE MARK SCHEME IT IS 2ICL3 WHY ??
THANX IN ADVANCE :)
Read the question again , We need to find the mole ratio and then balance
so 0.015 :0.045 :0.03
i.e 1 : 3 : 2
so balance the equation: I2 +3Cl2 --->2ICl3 (Iodine trichloride)
I2 + Cl2 ---> 2ICl
ICl + Cl2 ---> ICl3 actually , this is how the equation is but they comined both of them.

Reactions: T19
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Biology Question that I cannot seem to understand.
This is the link:
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Biology (0610)/0610_s06_qp_1.pdf
It's Q. 35
The problem is I answered A and I have got no idea why it's wrong.(denitrifying bacteria do return nitrogen back to the atmosphere. And they are decomposers?!)
Thanks!
This is because decomposers feed on the dead matter and respire producing carbondioxide and water, i guess this question is generally for decomposers not for a specific cycle..

Reaction score
This is because decomposers feed on the dead matter and respire producing carbondioxide and water, i guess this question is generally for decomposers not for a specific cycle..
yes but they also decompose dead matter and release nitrogen from protein rich wastes, so why doesn't that count as well ? :/

Reaction score
yes but they also decompose dead matter and release nitrogen from protein rich wastes, so why doesn't that count as well ? :/
I guess bcz all the decomposers respire , but all of them donot release nitrogen n they din ask denitrifying bacteria in particular