• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
where did you find that pink solid will be formed at bottom (i know that.. but i am interested if you have more sources for studying for ATP...) i mainly studied from table that i sent you :)
send me te table plz

Reaction score
The equation is correct, observations would be 1) pink solid formed at the bottom. 2) solution turns colorless from blue. 3) maybe rise in temp or smell.... check from ms and pls tell me the 3rd observation or post the link....
there is no ms for this paper so i checked out the examiners report which said Three different observations were required for the reaction between zinc and aqueous copper(II)
sulphate. Possible answers included: zinc dissolves, reacts; a red or copper deposit; solution
warms up, bubbles, effervesces or a gas is evolved.

Reaction score
there is no ms for this paper so i checked out the examiners report which said Three different observations were required for the reaction between zinc and aqueous copper(II)
sulphate. Possible answers included: zinc dissolves, reacts; a red or copper deposit; solution
warms up, bubbles, effervesces or a gas is evolved.
observations are also colors and ppt formed, all physical properties so MMK95 answered correct to you :)

Reaction score
bro we are talking about Zn+CuSO4->Cu+ZnSO4
Cu goes on top of blue substance and it is pink :)

Cu cant be on the top, and after the reaction the solution would be colorless. ( copper sulfate is blue and zinc sulfate is colorless)

Reaction score
Cu cant be on the top, and after the reaction the solution would be colorless. ( copper sulfate is blue and zinc sulfate is colorless)
yes i know it will turn to colorless (it will be clear) but i think that Cu will go on surface of substance