• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics MCQs thread.

Reaction score
Arshiful said:
xHazeMx said:
Arshiful said:
Summer 04 #9 pls some one explain this ques to me in details......
confirm it first, if it's right. i will post my workings. is it D ?

Yes it is D pls explain .........
vertically,
U= 0
S= 1.25
a= 9.81
t= ??
find t using S= ut + 1/2 at^2
now u have the value of t which is 0.50 s
horizontally, the velocity is constant, for constant velocity we have the equation v=s/t
so v= 10 (horizontal distance) / 0.50 = 20

Reaction score
asdfg12345 said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/International%20A%20And%20AS%20Level/9702%20-%20Physics/9702_s07_qp_1.pdf

Q37. Please help :D
why the resistance is the same, cos i thought when the cross sectional area is smaller, the resistance of the wire should be higher.
the bars have no resistance. the rod is made into thin wires of the SAME LENGTH and the current is allowed to pass through the WHOLE wires which has equal cross sectional area as that of the rod. Hence, there is no effect on the resistance so resistance P and Q are the same

Reaction score
Yes, my logic says it's A. We should take kinetic energy conservation for this as it is an elastic collision. Set up an equation & ignore the masses, we get A. :)

Reaction score
Hateexams93 said:
alright there is an equation which u have to memorise ( Ux + Vx = Uy + Vy ) .. apply this formula taking care of directions and u will find it

Reaction score
asdfg12345 said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/International%20A%20And%20AS%20Level/9702%20-%20Physics/9702_s07_qp_1.pdf

Q37. Please help :D
why the resistance is the same, cos i thought when the cross sectional area is smaller, the resistance of the wire should be higher.

read the q again before reading it:
same material (i.e) copper so resistivity (rho"P") same
length in both case same (x)

in P
takin cross sec area= 56 cm^2
so R=Px/56

in Q lets divided the area equally into given seven wires

cross sec of each wire is 8 cm^2
resistance of each wire = Px/8

in Q wires are connected in parallally, we know 1/R=1/R1 + 1/R2+ 1/R3+ 1/R4+ 1/R5+ 1/R6+ 1/R7, where R1=R2=R3=R4=R5=R6=R7

so total resistance of Q

1/R= [1/(Px/8)]*7
1/R= 56/Px

R = Px/56

resistance of P= Resistance of Q

C is the answer (remember both are made of copper so equal resistivity "P")

Reaction score
xHazeMx said:
Hateexams93 said:
alright there is an equation which u have to memorise ( Ux + Vx = Uy + Vy ) .. apply this formula taking care of directions and u will find it
thats the thing , i know that formula but when i'm applying it , i'm not getting the wright answer , can u just do it ?

Reaction score
can any one post the force extension graph of rubber glass copper steel etc??
by drawing and screening it??

Reaction score

Others are easy, hassam. I saw these questions now. This one would be easy if my answer is correct. LOL

For densities one, I get their ratio as 2.25.