• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics MCQs thread.

Reaction score
Arshiful said:
Hateexams93 said:
WHHY ITS A???how is I1 >I2 ?

Imagine

pipes and water

when the diameter of the pipes are small the ease of flow of water is less
whereas when the diameter of the pipes are bigger the ease of flow of water is much more

so when the value of resistor is high it means that the flow of current is reduced
and when value of resistor is small more current can flow

so, current through 3 ohm resistor is less than 2 ohm
I1<I2

now find the combined resistance of 3and6 ohm and 2and2 ohm resistors individually

comb resistance of 3and6=(3*6)/(3+6)=2-------------------(1)
comb resistance of 2and2=(2*2)/(2+2)=1-------------------(2)

as we know PD is proportional to R(1)>R(2)

so V1>V2 therefore answer C
THATS THE THING , the answer is A

Reaction score
Hateexams93 said:
kakarocks said:
Hateexams93 said:

IT's C as the others said . Current is divided equally in the Second one . And as you know Greater Resistance = Greater p.d
the answer is A -.-
A is correct .. the total current in loop 1 is equal to the total current in loop 2. the ratio of resistances in loop 1 is 1:2 so more current will be dissipated in the 3 ohms resistor in THIS loop as it is the best route which is 2/3 of the total current ( as I is inversely proportional to R ) . in the second loop, the ratio of resistances is 1:1 so either ways, 1/2 of the total current will be passing through the 2 ohms resistor which makes it
2/3 > 1/2
I1 > I2

Reaction score
Hateexams93 said:
Arshiful said:
Hateexams93 said:

Imagine

pipes and water

when the diameter of the pipes are small the ease of flow of water is less
whereas when the diameter of the pipes are bigger the ease of flow of water is much more

so when the value of resistor is high it means that the flow of current is reduced
and when value of resistor is small more current can flow

so, current through 3 ohm resistor is less than 2 ohm
I1<I2

now find the combined resistance of 3and6 ohm and 2and2 ohm resistors individually

comb resistance of 3and6=(3*6)/(3+6)=2-------------------(1)
comb resistance of 2and2=(2*2)/(2+2)=1-------------------(2)

as we know PD is proportional to R(1)>R(2)

so V1>V2 therefore answer C
THATS THE THING , the answer is A

In my explanation I said I1<I2 and V1>V2 so C

Reaction score
xHazeMx said:
A is correct .. the total current in loop 1 is equal to the total current in loop 2. the ratio of resistances in loop 1 is 1:2 so more current will be dissipated in the 3 ohms resistor in THIS loop as it is the best route which is 2/3 of the total current ( as I is inversely proportional to R ) . in the second loop, the ratio of resistances is 1:1 so either ways, 1/2 of the total current will be passing through the 2 ohms resistor which makes it
2/3 > 1/2
I1 > I2
YAYYYYYaa thank u , i got it now :)

Reaction score
Hateexams93 said:
xHazeMx said:
2/3 > 1/2
I1 > I2
you welcome :)

Reaction score
girlscampisra said:
A is the answer for this hassam .. antinodes are formed at the open end!
its C...COS a doesnt shows reflected and incident wave

Reaction score
xHazeMx said:
Hateexams93 said:
xHazeMx said:
2/3 > 1/2
I1 > I2
you welcome :)

Thanks I got it too.... :)

Reaction score
Summer 04 #9 pls some one explain this ques to me in details......

Attachments

• takeoff.png
    takeoff.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 15