• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics MCQs thread.

Reaction score
yubakkk said:
any one has xplain this answer?? in which page??

Q5 O/N10
rotating 3000 revolutions per minute
meaning 1 revolution = 60/3000 = 0.02s

now moving to the answers.
A. 1s
B. 0.01s
C. 0.0001s
D. 0.0000001s

so obviously its B

Reaction score
yup. the question wants to know at which time base setting we can see and differentiate impulses clearly

if we use A, then the impulses will b too close togther
C and D are too large that one impulse cannot fit into the 10cm screen.

Reaction score
It should be D,
Gravitational pull depends on the gravitational field of the earth; which remains same throughout.
Pressure exerted on the VERTICAL SIDES (left and right) is SAME (pascals law).
Pressure difference between horizontal sides (top and bottom) would result in upthrust!
but Since that is not an option, D is the only right answer

Reaction score
And obviously A and B wont be the answer. A wont be because pressure DIFFERENCE will always remain constant, therefore upthrust constant.
And B wont be the answer as reading corresponds to= weight - upthrust, not just upthrust

Reaction score
rabib2013 said:
can anyone help me out with this?
As in two sides of the tube, the same liquid has the same height, x, so on those two points pressure will be equal. We've to look above those points. On right, the same liquid is at height x units from the "same" pressure point(which is x units from turning of tube). On left, the liquid above the point having "same" pressure is 2x units above it. As it is in equilibrium, so

Pressure of second liquid on left at height 2x from "same" pressure point.= pressure of first liquid at height x from "same" pressure point.

Solve this equation, and you'll get the answer.

Reaction score
hey zishi, there are these questions from may june 01, number 2, 11 and 33.. i can't find its mark scheme anywhere. :\
can u tell me their answers? esp no 2

Reaction score
rabib2013 said:
hey zishi, there are these questions from may june 01, number 2, 11 and 33.. i can't find its mark scheme anywhere. :\
can u tell me their answers? esp no 2

I don't have that paper.