• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics MCQs thread.

Reaction score
DeathDealer said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/International%20A%20And%20AS%20Level/9702%20-%20Physics/9702_s10_qp_11.pdf

Ques 28

It's D, because Electric field is uniform. so the force stays the same. Force= Q(charge) * E(electric field strength). Q doesn't change, E doesn't change, so F is the same :)

Reaction score
Mueez said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/International%20A%20And%20AS%20Level/9702%20-%20Physics/9702_s10_qp_11.pdf
Q.16 nd Q.22 plzz

Word done by car iz F*s
N
Gain in P.Energy iz mg sSin(alpha)
Efficiency = MgsSin(alpha) / Fs
Distance s in cancelled
Hence mgSin(alpha) / F

Reaction score
Abdulrab said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/International%20A%20And%20AS%20Level/9702%20-%20Physics/9702_w09_qp_12.pdf

guys do Q 21 !!! samajh nai aaraha !! please give answer wid complete explanation !! thanx :)
I explained it earlier too..

Calculate stress first
=================
Stress = Force/Cross-sectional area = 20/(pi)(2.5^-4)^2 = 101.9 x 10^6 Pa

Stress/strain = Young Modulus

strain = extension/length

101.9 x 10^6/(e/l) = 2 x 10^11

Calculate the ratio (e/l)
====================
e/l = 5.1 x 10^-4

therefore for % multiply the ratio by 100, so you get (5.1 x 10^-4) x 100
= 5.1 x 10^-2 % Ans.

Reaction score
kirashinagami said:
cocospaniel said:
It's C, this website has the frequency and wavelengths that might help you http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/A-level_Ph ... _a_wave%3F :)

thanks again..hahaha
however from the data given, it is told 'gaps of the order of 10^-5 m' what can we imply from here?

When the wavelengths are about the same size of the gaps, they are significantly diffracted. The wavelength of infared rays is between 10^-4 and 10^-6. SO it's the best choice :)

Reaction score
guyz need help in Q relating current with no of electrons.....................Q says current of 4.8 A flows thru resistor R find the direction and no of electrons flowing thru R........................ Direction is opposite to currents direction but hw do we find the no of electrons?????????
Please tell whether, change in momentum is: mv-mu or mu-mv????????????????????????????????? cuz in some Q correct frmula does matter..... thanks...... :)

Reaction score
Gooners said:
guyz need help in Q relating current with no of electrons.....................Q says current of 4.8 A flows thru resistor R find the direction and no of electrons flowing thru R........................ Direction is opposite to currents direction but hw do we find the no of electrons?????????
Please tell whether, change in momentum is: mv-mu or mu-mv????????????????????????????????? cuz in some Q correct frmula does matter..... thanks...... :)

This is not clear enough, can you tell me the question number and the year of the paper?

Reaction score
XXXDARKNESSXXXX said:
how to solve this one?
Look at the first wave. It is four squares long on X-axis, as one sq=2.5ms, 4 x 2.5 = 10ms. Thus, period is 10ms. Now horizontal line is zero level. Now count the max height above the zero level. It is a little more than 3.5 squares. As 1 sq=5mV on the Y-axis, 3.5 x 5 = 17.5 ~ 17. Thus answer is C.

Reaction score
cocospaniel said:
kirashinagami said:
cocospaniel said:
It's C, this website has the frequency and wavelengths that might help you http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/A-level_Ph ... _a_wave%3F :)

thanks again..hahaha
however from the data given, it is told 'gaps of the order of 10^-5 m' what can we imply from here?

When the wavelengths are about the same size of the gaps, they are significantly diffracted. The wavelength of infared rays is between 10^-4 and 10^-6. SO it's the best choice :)

i see. ok understood.hahha

this one?

Reaction score
cocospaniel said:
Gooners said:

This is not clear enough, can you tell me the question number and the year of the paper?

OCT/NOV 2010..............P 11 Q 31..........................................

Reaction score
Gooners said:
cocospaniel said:
Gooners said:

OCT/NOV 2010..............P 11 Q 31..........................................

It's C. Electrons flow from negative to positive so it's Y to X. Second, the rate of flow of charge is current. So I=Q(elctron charge) / t. Elecron charge is given on the list of formulae which is 1.60 * 10^-19.
I=4.8, Q=1.60*10^-19
So rearranging the formula. you get I/Q= 1/t. Replacing I and Q you get 3 * 10^19 s^-1 :) hope this helps!