• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P-22 GT.

Reaction score
woah i got 6.6%
Oh

u r talking about the stress ratio ya I got 1/4 but it's wrong when u substitute values u get 4/1
strain:extension/original length.so i think if u think about it logically,the strain in P must be greater than in Q since P will surely have more extension,thus the ratio must be "something more than 1:1".because more extension means more strain.

Reaction score
strain:extension/original length.so i think if u think about it logically,the strain in P must be greater than in Q since P will surely have more extension,thus the ratio must be "something more than 1:1".because more extension means more strain.
im sorry this reply was intended at your other comment about the second ratio.

Reaction score
If it makes u feel better I actually wrote 1:1 for strain even tho I knew it was the wrong answer. I didn't have time to think about it and I thought I could sacrifice 2 marks for 58. It was only after giving it that I thought about that question and realized that the you g modulus is a material property and that it had to renain the same and now I'm realizing that I've list more than 10 marks

Reaction score
Umm I don't know I don't think so since k depends on area of cross section and material the material is the same but diameters were not so I don't think k is the same.. I really don't know I got that whole question wrong :p
Oh! I thought they had mentioned something about it...

Reaction score
were you all able to find out X? The resistance question? I had just 5 mins left each for the last two ques so I think I messed up both in hurry. :(